No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an additional way to kill Cerberus with RG too! You know when he does his headbutt? It's hard to anticipate but you can do decent damage with a JR there or wait for him to pounce and then JR with Beowulf equipped and DT at the same time.
    Nice one man - that's definetly the way forward against Fido, that's what was really throwing me before when I used to fight him, I just wasnt dealing damage. Slowly chipping away at his life was all I could do before!

I cant believe how long you've been at the Vergil 3 fight! That's mint!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      Nice one man - that's definetly the way forward against Fido, that's what was really throwing me before when I used to fight him, I just wasnt dealing damage. Slowly chipping away at his life was all I could do before!

I cant believe how long you've been at the Vergil 3 fight! That's mint!
      I sware that must be one of the best boss fights ever seen in a video game! I have no idea how many hours I've spent fighting Vergil!

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
        Regardless of how many stars and **** you use taking any enemy down in DMD is no easy task.
        lol, you ain't kidding!! Vergil 2 - 5 large vital stars & 3 rebirths used, still no victory!

Ironically I started off really optimistic, cos I was parrying and dodging him no problem down to about 75%, but once I got him to 50% I just couldn't get him any lower. He DT'd so much his health was always topping itself up again. Actually I think that the mental decision I took to use my items in practise probably caused me to play far more sloppily.

Looking forward to trying again though. What I'd really like to see is some tips for dealing with the chess pieces on this level - not savouring the thought of fighting them again one bit. Takes me forever to clear the first room and I just ran away frm the ones in the corridor.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
          lol, you ain't kidding!! Vergil 2 - 5 large vital stars & 3 rebirths used, still no victory!

Ironically I started off really optimistic, cos I was parrying and dodging him no problem down to about 75%, but once I got him to 50% I just couldn't get him any lower. He DT'd so much his health was always topping itself up again. Actually I think that the mental decision I took to use my items in practise probably caused me to play far more sloppily.

Looking forward to trying again though. What I'd really like to see is some tips for dealing with the chess pieces on this level - not savouring the thought of fighting them again one bit. Takes me forever to clear the first room and I just ran away frm the ones in the corridor.
          Attack the chess pieces equally but don't kill them with regular moves! Use a fully charged DT when they all close in to finish most of them off. Taunt and repeat for the other sets.

Comment

Yep, that worked! Although I still ran away from the ones in the corridor.

Got the Vergil 2 notch on my DMD belt now, with 3 vital stars required in the end. I think that's going to be the standard from here on unfortunately. God knows what mission 18 is going to be like ><

Comment

Yep, that worked! Although I still ran away from the ones in the corridor.

Got the Vergil 2 notch on my DMD belt now, with 3 vital stars required in the end. I think that's going to be the standard from here on unfortunately. God knows what mission 18 is going to be like ><
              Surely this thread can't be slowing down now?

Just the other day I realised that I needed to PURCHASE devil stars to get the extra time as the devil.. What a knobhead. I still managed to complete Normal with the standard 3 though

Comment

Wrong profile

Comment

Apologies for the post above, I was signed in on my mates PC and forgot to change profile.

There was plenty of things I only discovered after hours of play. Like how to do charged DT release and charge Rebellion slash... both things I only discovered after completing the game on normal and hard while practising on bosses. Just shows the depth of the game... its just keeps on giving

Comment

Finally captured a vid against Vergil 3 (DMD) SS ranked!(ie no damage) using RG.

Check out the meths!

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0
                      Surely this thread can't be slowing down now?

Just the other day I realised that I needed to PURCHASE devil stars to get the extra time as the devil.. What a knobhead. I still managed to complete Normal with the standard 3 though
                      Been busy caning DMD Vergil3!

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                        Finally captured a vid against Vergil 3 (DMD) SS ranked!(ie no damage) using RG.

Check out the meths!

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...V0TOMGJHGCDM1M
                        OMG

You honestly make it look so easy Amazing video, thanks for putting it online!

So what's next for you with this game?

Comment

Along the 'what's next' line, has anybody actually attempted to get through Heaven or Hell mode? I'm trying to decide if I should bother if/when I finally get there.

If I did it would probably be a super dante/Nevan/perpetual Air Raid chicken**** method all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                            OMG

You honestly make it look so easy Amazing video, thanks for putting it online!

So what's next for you with this game?

Actually, I've just made a vid against Geryon (horsie) on DMD with Swordmaster, Rebellion and Cerberus equipped(No damage). The meth is really simple and uses Dante's Freeze and Real Impact moves. Gonna upload this now!

Comment

Here's the DMD Geryon vid:

Comment

Along the 'what's next' line, has anybody actually attempted to get through Heaven or Hell mode? I'm trying to decide if I should bother if/when I finally get there.

If I did it would probably be a super dante/Nevan/perpetual Air Raid chicken**** method all the way.
                                Heaven and Hell isn't hard at all. TBH it's not very good as you can breeze through the game REALLY quickly. All enemies including Dante take one hit to die . This also includes bosses. You can just blast your way through the game with E and I!

Comment

Working...
                                X