Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broly2012
    yeah man, thats intense, no DT. thats uber right there. wat would you say is the hardest boss to use RG against? Or is that a stupid question cuase they're all easy, its just a matter of learning the attacks. BUt assuming Vergil3 'should' be hard on DMD, who would be 2nd hardest?
    For me, Beowulf is actually one of the hardest - not because of his regular pattern attacks which are all easily parried, it's just that bit where he charges around and smashes random pillars about the place... I just can't find a safe place or get the block timing. Likewise with Arkham, the second stage of him was just unco-ordinated mayhem.

Comment

correction

yeah, I havent even played Arkham on DMD yet, but I got my ass handed to me (*edit in) on hard mode, those serpents he shoots out are hard to dodge. Never really figured out how to dodge those. I think Saurian also mentioned Beowulf, especially for RG beginners, sounds like a good place to start for me.
      Last edited by broly2012; 11-01-2006, 22:22.

Comment

Vegil3 Normal SS, 45 seconds speedrun:

42 seconds is my best time.

Comment

Right on. Thx venom, d/lin that straight away
          edit: holy ****! thats crazy! Poor Vergil, never even stood a chance. Couldnt even go DT, lol. thx again for posting that INSANE vid
          Last edited by broly2012; 11-01-2006, 22:27. Reason: adding in

Comment

where did everybody go???? meh, if i have to keep this forum alive all by myself, than so be it! lol. come on dudes, keep the flame BURNING!!!!, lol

Originally posted by Mardigan8
            Yeah, Start of Mission 4, just walk back out the tower and head down to the Nightclub... everytime you clear the room just walk out and go back in and the enemies are refreshed... hours of practice available in one of the games most nicely designed rooms
            finally got a chance to try out that nice little trick. aMazing chills, must have spent like 4 hours doin that room over and over again. awsome for trying new combos and wat not, thx for the tip Mardigan

Comment

Aye man, the amount of tricks you can work on in there is crazy. Saurioan posted a vid a while back called "Jedi Jump" where one of his mates done that area and managd to keep Dante in the air near enough until every enemy was dead... using some great trickster style moves and enemy steps he just stays in the air the entire time, its quality.

I think if I went back through this game playing it to beat it rather than to work on styles it would seem incredibly easy, as we have spent so many hours perfecting every section can you imagine playing it through again on Normal, Dante would be a monster

Hope you got a look at Saurians vid with the "World is mine" tune blastin out, he really hits that night club up in that vid, amazing stuff!!

Comment

it would seem incredibly easy, as we have spent so many hours perfecting every section can you imagine playing it through again on Normal, Dante would be a monster
                Not if I was doing it Everyone else is so frighteningly good, though!

I've just got to level 4 on DMD, and i'm using that "go back to the nightclub" trick to, hopefully, learn to manage with those Sloth enemies. Everytime I 'feel' like i'm getting the hang of it i'll go and get myself killed five times in a row, but I went back to level 2 - which used to cause much distress - and cleared that with no problem. I love the way this game works.

Comment

Nah squidman, I'm a total amateur at this as well. Clearing DMD is one of my proudest moments in games history, yet to some on this thread it's not cleared unless it's S ranked! Folk like venom and saurian are a rare breed, the majority of us have the same issues with the punishing difficulty of the game.

Comment

For the sloths you just gotta be aware of their teleport, since after that you know an attack is coming, roll or jump away when you se or hear a teleport to make the sloths much easier, if one gets you, especially on DMD you will usually get nailed by a couple teleporting right after the first... stick and move

Plus, always remember to charge your DT gauge while fighting and releasing it when it is full can usually clear a room, even on DMD mode.

I am close to finishing DMD mode but any type of clear rank will do me. Can S rank Normal and Hard boss fights but getting SSStylish ranks for a level on DMD is just lunacy

Comment

Still would love the attacks of swordmaster and the parrying of the royal guard in one style.

My fave move at the moment is that agnis and rudra tornado move i just love doing that in DMD seems to help get up to stylish very quickly.

Comment

Plus, always remember to charge your DT gauge while fighting and releasing it when it is full can usually clear a room, even on DMD mode.
                        It's funny, but that actually became an achilles heel for me - I would always have my finger on the devil trigger, even when I wanted to avoid using it (like on the chess board) or keep in devil form for a longer period of time. Had to drum it into my head to let go of the damn button!

Comment

I said this about 8 months ago... Style switching aswell as weapon switching should be a feature in DMC4... adds another layer of complexity sure, but how amazing would it be switching from a defensive RG posture to the all out weapon wizadry that is Swordmaster..hope it something they consider as they dont really need to do much with the fighting system itself, its a piece of perfection as it currently stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
                            It's funny, but that actually became an achilles heel for me - I would always have my finger on the devil trigger, even when I wanted to avoid using it (like on the chess board) or keep in devil form for a longer period of time. Had to drum it into my head to let go of the damn button!
                            Its only after replaying a section in DMD that you form the best way to use all your tools... The use of the DT gauge being key, especially in the boss fights.

Venoms Vergil3 speed runs for example... some of his fastest times have came when he doesn't charge the DT but switches it on and off conserving it for attacks, works a treat. Its all about selecting the right tool for the job

Comment

Wicked to see manz still have time for Dante -

Sure we'll see some more filthy-ill stuff from the man Venom soon - I'll get churning out more tech videos with ridiculously BANGIN' Gabba as soon as I get behind the wheel of the Special Edition aswell!

Till then Keep j00mpin ye BASTIDS!11

Comment

Look deep into the eyes of Hypno-Mutt - "YOU WILL LIKE GABBA!!11!!11!"
                                Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-05-2007, 21:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X