Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock
    Nah squidman, I'm a total amateur at this as well. Clearing DMD is one of my proudest moments in games history, yet to some on this thread it's not cleared unless it's S ranked! Folk like venom and saurian are a rare breed, the majority of us have the same issues with the punishing difficulty of the game.
    Its funny cause its so true. This game is insanely hard. Just last nite I managed to beat lvl 7 on DMD, and there was no SS rank, more like a B, lol. And it was the ONE time i actually managed to get to VErgil, half health, and I was punished, lol, and that had to have been after playing that lvl for at least 5 hours, lol. Mind you, I'm stubborn and only use items on the bosses.
    Last edited by broly2012; 13-01-2006, 13:50. Reason: add-in

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      Wicked to see manz still have time for Dante -

Sure we'll see some more filthy-ill stuff from the man Venom soon - I'll get churning out more tech videos with ridiculously BANGIN' Gabba as soon as I get behind the wheel of the Special Edition aswell!

Till then Keep j00mpin ye BASTIDS!11
      Dante be the only game in my library worth playing atm. I doubt I'll be able to pik up the special edition right away, so I'm gonna be relying on you and Venom to show off some Vergil Ownage! Its scary to think how easily Bosses can be owned on DMD with Dante, and Vergil is STRONGER!!!! cant wait for this game!

Comment

Ok, this i need to know. Last nite, i was playing DMD, lvl 7, you know the room that is blocked by fire on the ground floor of the tower, with the SLoths and the Greeds. While I was fighting, I was able to maintain a SSStylish combo rating for like 2 mins, and it seemed that the game started to pick up speed, everything was going faster, almost like the 20% increase option we're sposed to get on DMC3 Special Edition. Anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Is the US Special Edition still due for release tomorrow?

Amazon.com don't seem to know when it's due now.

Comment

If it's still coming out tomorrow the shipping status at Gamestop will change to "usually ships with 24 hours" at some point today or tomorrow:

Unfortunately, the page you are looking for could not be found or no longer exists. Please use the helpful links on the page, the site navigation, or the search bar to continue browsing the GameStop website.

Comment

It's out

Comment

cant believe this day has finally come, anyone picked it up yet?

Comment

I don't understand what's going on... if it's out today then...

why haven't IGN or Gamespot reviewed it?

why don't either VG+ or Tronix have it?

seriously now....

Comment

VG+ have it here

Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition is the extended version of the original Devil May Cry 3 featuring the opportunity to play as Vergil, Dante's nemesis and brother. Vergil's armed with his brand-new "Dark Slayer" fighting style, and apart from him, you'll also get to battle against one new boss, experience adjusted diffi

But tronix don't seem to have yet.

Comment

Pre-ordered it a while ago.

It's actually released tomorrow. In the US release dates actually mean shipping dates to stores and stores get the games one day after they're shipped out to them.

Comment

Oops... IGN have the review now.

Anyway, yeah I know VG+ have it up for pre-order, but... it's not actually "out" yet, if that makes sense.

Comment

Gamespot review:
                          GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

I don't like what they say about Vergil's mode. No cutscenes (apart from intro), same levels and in the Vergil boss fights you actually fight a clone of yourself! I was hoping for something along the lines of Separate Ways for RE4 on PS2.

Still can't wait though, Bloody Palace mode should be a real riot.

Comment

Looking forward to this. more dante = worth the money

'm waiting for the Jap version myself as i have the Jap original and want to use my save (also nice cover :P). To anyone who doesn't know, the Jap version of DMC3 is totally 100% in English (once selected from the options) and i'm assuming that the Special Edition will be the same.

looking forward to new content, but i think the best this about the SE is the Japanese Continue system that they have changed to in regards to the USA version. I played a bit of the PAL DMC3 and the changed continue system was a really silly and unfair tweak.

Comment

Originally posted by don_caballero
                              Looking forward to this. more dante = worth the money

'm waiting for the Jap version myself as i have the Jap original and want to use my save (also nice cover :P). To anyone who doesn't know, the Jap version of DMC3 is totally 100% in English (once selected from the options) and i'm assuming that the Special Edition will be the same.
                              I'm also waiting for the Japanese version, just wondering if anyone has any idea why its been delayed a month, my theory is for the Japanse voice dubbing, for Vergil and any other new content, dunno, any suggestions?
                              and all the reviews say the game is easier, if there is a new easy mode, and DMC3 Easy = SE Normal, DMC3 Normal = Hard and DMC3 Hard = SE Very Hard, is DMD still the same between the 2? cause in the end DMD is the only mode worth playing neway, especially for bloody PAlACE!!!
                              Last edited by broly2012; 25-01-2006, 11:58.

Comment

Could Nero Angelo be an extra? He's in the trailers but no mention of him in the reviews I've read or on the offical site.

Comment

Working...
                                X