Electroplankton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
    Monome seems to be an interface that needs to be hooked up to a computer or electronic instrument? Also, according to their site, the 16x16 buttoned Monome is about $1,400.
    Yup thats the only downside of the monome it needs to be hooked up to the pc, thats also the strength of it too as that makes it a lot more flexible than the tenori. However the tenori is self contained & requires nothing additional. If that monome price is correct then it makes it way more expensive than the tenori.

Anyway i think its going a little off topic sort of so umm yea that electroplankton is the buisness

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
      A Wii softo would be nice from Mr Iwai, but I think I'd prefer another DS title aimed at electronic music makers.
      There are a lot of things the Wii-mote could be used for, a Theremin type device being the first that springs to mind.

Lifting it up and down to vary a filter cut-off point or phaser frequency, etc could also be really intuitive.

However, I believe people have already used it as such a input device for PC software, so releasing an 'official' Wii variate might be slightly pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
        I've seen some pretty interesting things done on a limited amount of hardware, but I'm sorry to say that I thought that video was quite terrible.

There was little or no musical merit to what he was doing there; half his notes and hits were out of time and key and were just seemingly randomly placed on the loop. The unnecessary effects on the Kaoss pad at the end weren't really doing it any favours either.
        Yeah, the machine is a bit of a toy in fairness. No music ability needed But I have money to spare so I'm purchasing.

Personally I prefer to program my ideas note for note. If you're interested, you can hear my music here (shameless plugeroo).

On topic - my favourite Electroplanktons are Nanocarp, Volvoice and Tracy.
        Last edited by hudson; 11-12-2007, 19:44.

Comment

Good stuff hoolak , deffo some air , daft punk , kraftwerk inspiration ?

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
            Good stuff hoolak , deffo some air , daft punk , kraftwerk inspiration ?
            Yes. I do love them bands. Other inspirations would be a bit of good ol' chip game music and quirkiness.

Comment

Working...
            X