No announcement yet.

Killer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Err ok, that sounds freakin fantastically odd. Just when you thought pack in bonus stuff couldn't get any stranger Capcom up the ante.

--EDIT--

Ant burning could come in handy, we've got a bit of an infestation in our bedroom at the moment. "Eat Killer Seven Laser Sun Death Ant****er"
    Last edited by Madbury; 12-07-2005, 10:49.

Comment

just had a very quick go at someone else's copy of this (i'm holding on for the PAL launch on friday, since i've got some game vouchers to get rid of), and *holy crap*. i played maybe halfway through the first level, and i'm completely blown away by the artistry and, like, the incredibly slick feel to everything. absolutely cannot wait 'til friday now.

Comment

My copy arrived from VGP yesterday, had a quick go on it last night and I can't believe some people were being so negative after their first few minutes play. If anything I'm just completely blown away after a short play. I love the way Saur's previous posts show how he's been mixing up his play, can't wait to get into this proper

Comment

I can't wait for this

I've read the EDGE review and I've been looking forward to this for ages.

Roll on the final game this friday. It looks insane

Comment

The marmite effect in action - http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps2/game...ws/46389.shtml

I love this game, it's right up there with PN03 and Gun Valkyrie. If you 'get' it, then you're in gaming heaven, if not, well there's plenty of more mainstream stuff out there.

I'm well into the second level now, love those rolling ball enemies.

Comment

Had a tinker with this last night and I'm loving the style so far. I'm still trying to get used to the controls, It's like nothing else I've ever played before...

Seems pretty simple so far, but I'm sure all hell is about to break loose round the next corner.

Comment

Initially bewildered, but growing to love it already! When its the first thing you thing of in the morning you know its doing something right!
                I literally only played for about an hour and just scratched the surface but its refreshing as hell to play something with this level of originailty!

'We're in a tight spot'

Comment

Its hard to describe how I feel about this game because it's just so...odd! I really enjoyed the time I spent with it just now, but I had to cut it short because I was getting far to "into" it on the first level and was playing with a full memory card, I just wiped some of my card so I can play through without knowing it's worthless because I can't save!

It doesn't look quite as good as I thought it would but it plays very very well. My wife was watching and she found the cackling very very annoying, I didn't really mind that but I did find "We are in a tight spot" quite annoying.

Overall I'd say its a very good game and when I've played it some more it may become "great"...

Comment

Played this for a good few hours last night and I'm up to level 4 at the minute. The puzzles are defiantly get much better on the later levels, the boss encounter are really wired but in a good way. The use of sound is very good as well if you have surround sound it really creepy to hear those heaven smiles laughter coming up behind you. So far my favourites smiths are defiantly dan, kaede and mask and also the anime cutscenes are excellent if they really were done by a UK company then kudos to them.

Comment

Now up to level 2 and gotta say it has significantly improved, I'm REALLY enjoying this game now, up to the bridge part of level 2. Having a bit of trouble using Mask, but loving Dan & Kaede...

Comment

Got this today and bumbled my way through the first missions. This game has a seriously huge learning curve. Not only do you have to get to grips with the unusual controls, but you're literally thrown into the deep end with multiple personalities, puzzles, scanning and shooting, using special abilities, bizarre storyline and just trying to become accustomed to the surroundings. Once you get a feel for all of that, it's

The manual, which I found totally inscrutible when I tried reading it before playing the game, made perfect sense after getting to grips with the game and I had a look at it again.

Pretty much all the Smiths are awesome, but I really liked Mask De Smith. And Harman is hilarious when he uses his ****-off gun!

There's so much personality in this game, I'm finding it really easy to get sucked in. Extremely quotable as well.

"Don't make me say it again, I'm a cleaner!"

Comment

OK after waiting ages for this game I had a go last night and man I suck hard, really hard. I took Saurian's advice and went straight into Deadly mode - took me a good hour trying to kill that first Duplicator >_< I went through all my personalities (even a couple I managed to wake up) trying to sus out the rhythm of attack which obviously changes depending on which Smith you are playing as. Could see the silver hit area but took a while to get the one hit kills going on and sending The Cleaner down that corridor to revive all those bags full of my heads was simply awesome

Everything about this game seems completely new (except for the Resi4 style controls which had me hitting B for reload instead of the C stick too many times ). I still haven't worked out if there is a counter showing how many shots you have left or put those defensive moves to use at all.

Must say the movement is spot on, but I found the map a real challenge since it doesn't show your position in the room. Got my head round it now using the compass tho.

Love the way the game seems to start after you finish Angel, felt like a reward for working out the system enough to get that far. Played up to The Restaurant and was on it for a good 3 hours o_O

Bussed the Character change when I blew up the Duplicator for extra theatrix

Comment

One thing i heard about when they were developing this game.That the gameplay was not there first objective they wanted to get the look and story done it was not until late in making it they decided on how it should play is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by ojlim
                              The manual, which I found totally inscrutible when I tried reading it before playing the game, made perfect sense after getting to grips with the game and I had a look at it again.
                              Yeah, it's all a bit overwhelming at first. I got it yesterday and played through the first mission last night. At first I was a bit concerned - simplistic gameplay, sub-Resi puzzles, 'we're in a tight spot!' x 1000000, moving via the A button etc - but the aesthetics kept me playing. By the end of the first mission it kind of coalesced into an enjoyable whole and I'm looking forward to picking it up again tonight.

I can't work out if this is very original or the most derivative game ever (but with interesting graphics/characters/story).

Comment

Can you see your position on the map?

I keep getting lost

Other than this gripe, Killer 7 has really started to grow on me. It feels very old, yet stangely fresh at the same time. Can't put my finger on it.

//edit

Killer 7 reminds of a cross between the old bbc text games I used to play as a kid, and Dragon Lair (with cool and bloody anime style actiony bits thrown in for good measure) It 'clicked' when I started to think of it as an simple puzzle/adventure title, rather than as a fps.

Love the look and sound to bits
                                Last edited by H-Man; 15-07-2005, 03:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X