No announcement yet.

Killer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What platforms are you guys playing on, I prefer to buy the cube version which leads me to my next question is there any differences between the 2

Comment

So does it play like people thought it would? I still know very little about how it plays but I think I know the basics. I'd say that's enough for me atm because I'd want it to be a surprise

Originally posted by Bleeders
      Shinji Mikami is Miyamoto for the 21st Century.

Seriously though, IMO, even Nintendo can't touch Capcom at the moment for the gaming goodness they're consistently churning out... and we've still got Okami to come.
      Capcom 2001-2005 is equivalent to Nintendo and Sega in their absolute prime, IMHO...and Capcom have still got PLENTY of quality stuff to come

Comment

Absolutely. Capcom deserve some major credit for their outstanding consistency over this generation. They've been pivotal to a number of key genre developments, and have been far and away the most imaginative developer over the past four years. In no simple terms - they've been on fire.

It reminds me too of Sega during that wonderful year during the middle of the Dreamcast's lifespan.

Saur and Venom have got me eagerly looking forward to Killer 7 more than I already was, and I'm glad to see some genuine enthusiasm blaze through a first-play thread. Keep the impressions coming guys, and thanks for the general lack of spoilers... it looks as though Capcom have another masterpiece in store for us; albeit one that is possibly going to divide people into a love-or-loathe it camp.

There's more to gaming than just pure 'gameplay'. As such, the way we control and interact within worlds is based not only on the devices and methods available to us, but the way in which they're presented.

I believe Killer 7 is going to help bring these issues even more to the fore among people in the community than it already has been.
        Last edited by Concept; 08-06-2005, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
          What platforms are you guys playing on, I prefer to buy the cube version which leads me to my next question is there any differences between the 2
          Graphically basically the same. Controls more natural on the Cube and loading times shorter (unless you have a hard-drive). Cube has 2 discs and PS2 has 1 DVD. Cover art for both games differ.

On mission 3 now... really digging the graphics. I think the game shines by the end of the first mission since you get the controls and gameplay mechanics sorted by then. I've got the

Harmen's room

(save/config room) music stuck in my head. Cool tune.

Only complaint - boss fights seem to be a push-over so far, but it's still early on so I won't judge.
          Last edited by Mephistopheles; 09-06-2005, 00:12.

Comment

"BONUS : The ultimate tool for Adventure. Combination whistle, Compass, Thermometer and Bonus Red LED flashlight with the Killer 7 Logo on it" (with US version). How do they come up with this stuff?

Comment

Anyone know what the choices are in the options menu (on the main title screen) are?
              I guessed that one of them was for sound, since it had 'stereo/ mono' but for the other two, i'm at a lost.

But so far, possibly the most stylish/ surreal adventure cum-fps-anime comic book i've played so far

Comment

Rumble: On Off
                Sound: Mono Stereo

I'm not sure about the order but that's it.

Comment

The top one is for "Control-reversal" - for reversing up/down on the aim control, the others are as you say.

Then when you start your game the top option is Normal mode and the bottom Hard mode, after that the red guy asks if you want the tutorial or not (yes-no).

I got that same toy-with-them-then-destroy them Resident Evil 4 vibe going on man! I'll never get tired of now wicked it looks when you change character and they burst into a shower of blood to reform as someone else - mixing it up mid fight and bussing it with the enemies exploding into blood showers around you looks too mint! I buss this one last night where I tore up like 6 or 7 enemies with Con, switched to MASK de Smith and buss the suplex counter on the final enemy as the rest exploded! it looked like the end of the world! - then I hit reset and did it again!

Comment

I'm really tempted to preorder the US version, but there's always the fear that it won't work properly with the freeloader on my PAL cube. Guess I'll wait untill someone can test it .

Comment

WTF... this is sounding too good to be true. for long enough we wish for games where the style you can crack is mental and then when they arrive I cant quite believe it, Capcom have got it nailed.

Holding off for US release as am away on holiday but it looks like this is gonna get as much air time as DMC3

Saur, that Jedi Jump **** you pulled with Trickster level 3 was crazee man, hit some of that myself last night in the lab, too good to look at !!

Watchin Sin City last night got me right in the mood for playing the Killer 7, its gonna blow my expectations away as Resi4 and DMC3 did.

Comment

One question from footage i saw enemies seem to disintegrate when killed in a really unsatisfying way is that true for the rest of the game?

Comment

another 2 questions one does it work on freeloader to is it as english friendly as devil may cry 3 was

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                            "BONUS : The ultimate tool for Adventure. Combination whistle, Compass, Thermometer and Bonus Red LED flashlight with the Killer 7 Logo on it" (with US version). How do they come up with this stuff?
                            That is too cool. They have got my money with that little bundle - whistle for watching the trance DVD

Originally posted by Saurian
                            I buss this one last night where I tore up like 6 or 7 enemies with Con, switched to MASK de Smith and buss the suplex counter on the final enemy as the rest exploded! it looked like the end of the world!
                            Pure theatrix!!!!! Nice one man, starting to be finnin for this game like a shaking crackhead WTF!!! You lucky I dont know where you live blud
                            Last edited by spagmasterswift; 09-06-2005, 09:30.

Comment

You REALLY should pass by man WTF!

I aint that far from you - I'm up in Kilburn, and there's gonna be heads round on Friday for a session.

And there's always green.

Comment

****, I'm at Fabric this Friday for part of my boys stag do >_< Will have to come visit the Saurian Lair soon though, bet theres pure Goji posters all over the place

Comment

Working...
                                X