Taito Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taito Legends

My copy of the UK compilation turned up today and I think it's bloody great. Granted, it doesn't have some of the big hitters that appeared on the Jap versions, but what's here is still very good.

Incidentally, there's an advert for Taito Legends 2 included with it and elevator action returns is one of the games that's been advertised. That should shut some of you up

Which titles are missing from this one ?

What platform is it on ?

Start off easy

Comment

As long as it's got New Zealand Story I'm interested, used to love that game!

Has this been reviewed in GamesTM yet Strider?

Comment

*tumbleweed*

Comment

Nothing's missing as such...

This is the UK compilation

Battle Shark
          Bubble Bobble
          * Colony 7
          * Continental Circus
          * Electric Yo-Yo
          * Elevator Action
          * Exzisus
          * Gladiator
          * Great Swordsman
          * Jungle Hunt
          * New Zealand Story
          Ninja Kids
          * Operation Thunderbolt
          * Operation Wolf
          * Phoenix
          * Plotting
          * Plump Pop
          * Rainbow Islands
          * Rastan
          * Return of the Invaders
          Space Gun
          * Space Invaders
          * Space Invaders Part 2
          * Super Qix
          * Thunderfox
          * Tokio
          * Tube It
          * Volfied
          * Zoo Keeper

This is the first Jap Compilation

Elevator action Returns
          Space Invader Colour
          Darius Gaiden
          Lunar Rescue
          Alpine Ski
          The Fairyland Story
          Kiki KaiKai
          Bubble bobble
          Rastan Saga
          Kuri Kinton
          Sylvalion
          Jigoku Misurai
          Cameltry
          Don Doko Don
          Flippul
          KyuoKuyo HarikariKoshien
          The Majestic Twelve
          Runark
          Pulirula
          Metal Black
          Grid Seeker
          Space Invader DX
          Light Bringer
          Cleopatra Fortune
          Puchi Caret

And here's the second compilation
          Space invader
          space Invader part 2
          crazy balloon
          Balloon Bomber
          Qix
          Wild Western
          Elevator Action
          chack n pop
          front Line
          Legend of Kage
          New Zealand Story
          Rastan saga 2
          raimais
          Cadash
          Insector X
          Violence Fight
          gun Frontier
          Hat Trick Hero
          Mizubaku Daiboukan
          Arabian Magic
          Gekirinden
          Puzzle Bobble 2
          raystorm
          G-Darius

Taito Legends 2 has over 40 games, so I'm guessing the ones that have already appeared on Legends one won't be included...
          Last edited by Strider; 13-10-2005, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky_ob
            As long as it's got New Zealand Story I'm interested, used to love that game!

Has this been reviewed in GamesTM yet Strider?
            The first jap one was reviewed this issue and received 89%, Taito Legends is in next month's and got...

Comment

Hey Strider,

I bought the Japanese versions, but heard that Empire has dicked about with the Pal release (probably nonsense, I know). I'm not talking dropped titles here, rather, bad emulation (different code from the Jap ones and so forth). Is this right? Say it aint so.

Also, I bought the Jap ones expecting Gladiator/Golden Castle, but was it there? Was it bollocks. Is this in the UK release? Or am I right in thinking that the only new stuff in thr UK release is the "Operation" stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Il Postino
                Hey Strider,

I bought the Japanese versions, but heard that Empire has dicked about with the Pal release (probably nonsense, I know). I'm not talking dropped titles here, rather, bad emulation (different code from the Jap ones and so forth). Is this right? Say it aint so.

Also, I bought the Jap ones expecting Gladiator/Golden Castle, but was it there? Was it bollocks. Is this in the UK release? Or am I right in thinking that the only new stuff in thr UK release is the "Operation" stuff?
                they all seem fine to me mate, I couldn't see any difference at all between the games that were covered on both packs.

Gladiator is included, golden castle isn't

Comment

I'm confused now; and given what a *smart bloke I am... that **isn't easy.

I've looked this up on the KLOV and I'm beginning to go mad, I thought Gladiator/Golden Castle/Great Gurianos were all one and the same (aside from a few bits of underwear), but KLOV has no record of Great Gurianos and I'm sure in the past it did.

One way or another, I'm pissed that Gladiator/Golden Castle/Great Gurianos hasn't made the cut.

Piss and indeed, ****!

As for the dodgy Empire conversions in the UK release, I read about this on another site, but I'll take your word that they're sweet, you being the daddy and all.

*Stupid
                  **Is

Comment

60hz option?

Comment

You won't notice the difference in some of the Empire versions if you never played the games that much on the arcade, but you will if you did. I hear Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands and NZ Story are especially "bad" in that respect.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                        You won't notice the difference in some of the Empire versions if you never played the games that much on the arcade, but you will if you did. I hear Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands and NZ Story are especially "bad" in that respect.
                        In what sense? Do you mean different level designs or something. the music is wrong on Rainbow Islands, but apart from that the games seem identical to their mame counterparts.

Comment

Several people (good people, strong people, I might add) have told me that the Empire version is a bit whiffy. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't confirm.
                          Last edited by Il Postino; 13-10-2005, 14:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Il Postino
                            Several people (good people, strong people, I might add) have told me that the Empire version is a bit whiffy. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't confirm.
                            How are they wiffy? What's apparently wrong with it? Not that I'm complaining mind, mine was free :P

Comment

Bit disappointed Ninja Kids and Space Gun aren't on the list. Maybe they'll turn up in the next one...
                              I'm still getting this one, mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X