X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty 2

Hi guys

Couldnt see a thread so I thought I would start one

ANyone else absolutely amazed by this game?

The whole package seems to just thrill me everytime I play it

The graphics are superb and giving that my rig isnt the best of pcs (in fact its pretty much obselete now) im amazed how well I can run this one

The whole plot and the linear fashion which some people dont like in games works perfectly in this, by directing you towards the action you see scripted events which are just jaw dropping. The first time you see a full building blow up youll know what i mean.

The sounds are amazing as well such realistic sounds from the overhead spitfires down to the chants of "hes a w***er from the british troops" ha ha superb!!!!!

All in all its an amazing game and makes me wonder why other developers cannot produce graphics as tight as COD2 but without needing a Cybertron 10000000000000 to play it

9.5/10

edit: Also realised that my games place let this bad boy free a wee bit too early not out till next week, ha ha sorry guys
    Last edited by oblivion_6; 29-10-2005, 17:28.

This is out!?

Holy hell can't believe I missed this one.

Oh and I totally agree with you on set pieces, one of the things I love most about games is the stories and how they tell them.

Comment

yeah, I'm loving it aswell, it looks great while still running well (the smoke is the best I've seen in a game, and smoke grenades are actually usefull), the atmosphere is second to none, and you really get a sense of being part of a war, rather than just one guy stomping around. Obviously it's heavily scripted like the first, but that just gives it more scope for interesting stuff to happen. It's been a good week for FPS games, and this is the best of them, I'd say.

My only criticism is a crap Scottish stereotype in the british missions, big and ginger and stupid, with a Mr Worf style tartan sash. Pvt McGregor, you can **** right off.

Comment

Originally posted by kapowza
        My only criticism is a crap Scottish stereotype in the british missions, big and ginger and stupid, with a Mr Worf style tartan sash. Pvt McGregor, you can **** right off.

I thought the fact that the British troops shout out BLUDDY WANKARS! at any given opportunity was bad enough

Comment

This isn't supposed to be out until later next week! Damn you all!

Comment

played the PC demo and i think it's fun.

but i was not impressed by the technical side of things. sure it looks good but there was not even a minimum of object physics and interactivity in the demo level. if this is supposed to be called a next gen WW2 FPS then, for example, why can't i blow up vehicles to my advantage?

Comment

im REALLY enjoying this game, its so fun, i like the fact thers no health bar, and no manual saving (it auto quck saves at certain points)
              this means no worrying about health or saving/loading, u just concentrate on the action, which is BRILLIANT.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John Beaulieu; 02-11-2005, 05:47.

Comment

EDIT - too pissed off to update.
                Last edited by Yoshimax; 30-10-2005, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                  EDIT - too pissed off to update.
                  wtf?

Comment

is it - again - allied campaign stuff only? think i remember a preview talking of 4 different campaigns spanning both allied and german sides!?

Comment

I tried running the demo on a Pentium M 1.86GHz with a Radeon X600 512 ram(My laptop) but I was getting quite choppy framerates, what specs are most people running it on?

Comment

its Allied campaigns only - Russian, English (set in North Africa) and US (set in France).

Resonance - try forcing it into DirectX7 mode, you will lose a lot of the effects but your framerate should sort itself out.

Comment

Or just lower the sttings a little...

Comment

It's a shame that no one has the balls to offer a German perspective, but I suppose that considering their ultimate loss, it defeats the purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance
                              I tried running the demo on a Pentium M 1.86GHz with a Radeon X600 512 ram(My laptop) but I was getting quite choppy framerates, what specs are most people running it on?
                              athlon 64 X2 4800+ @2.64ghz
                              geforce 7800gtx EE
                              2GB RAM

does the trick!

Comment

Working...
                              X