No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know. I think I'll get the X360 version, its at a constant 60 fps and the graphics are better than the maxed out pc version (the developer said it, attack him! not me!)

Comment

If that's true it's gonna be a gem. May pick it up myself - I had hoped this would mean one less 360 game but if that's true I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by kapowza
        wtf?
        Was trying to add some screenies & having extreme difficulty - gave up. Sorry should have edited with some bile aimed at my own incompetence

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
          If that's true it's gonna be a gem. May pick it up myself - I had hoped this would mean one less 360 game but if that's true I'm there.
          It is true, Cant give you exact sources at the moment (have been asking loads of people who know this stuff). But it is running at a constant 60 fps and the graphics are better than the fully maxed out pc version.

Theres some doubt about the mutiplayer though.

The lcd (lowest common..) is at 8, BUT. If you have a good connection, you can host more than 16 people.

Comment

Well, funny you should say that El Leone - The thing recently with FPS for me is I find the single player experiences to be ****e (Far Cry Instincts) and the multiplayer is generally what sells me on it.

Not the case with CoD2 - the single player is absolutely fantastic with some awesome set pieces.

I have a good connection so hopefully we're in for a treat - This just went on the "get" list. 5.1 goodness oooooooo.

Comment

Well I got my PC Copy today of some guy who was selling it on sunday on ebay and they our real copys which I am happy with also only payed 24 Pounds

Comment

Arrgghhh now it looks like ill need to add this to my 360 shopping list as well then if its constant 60fps coz thats cheaper than me updating my pc

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone
                  Y'know. I think I'll get the X360 version, its at a constant 60 fps and the graphics are better than the maxed out pc version (the developer said it, attack him! not me!)
                  I momentarily considered the 360 version too, then remembered two things - Mouse and Keyboard.

Even with a lower frame rate on PC, control always wins out for me.

Comment

After playing the demo over the last few days I will certainly be getting this as part of my 360 launch package. Laptop really struggles at parts in the demo, and I therefore don't think it will do the full game justice, so the 360 is the only way.

Only real critisms I would have of the demo, are that the particle and particulary smoke effects seem more advanced than the other graphical effect in the game, and can therefore sometimes look a little bolted on. Also find the lack of physics and inability to interact with alot of the game world, quite surprising especially after Half-Life 2. Still I think the whole atmosphere of the game will counter that though, and I'm still really looking forward to it !

Comment

There was a bit in one of the early levels at the trainyard - There's a tank you need to attach an explosive to and I tried smoke-grenading it first so I could run in "under cover" - Dived into the smoke only to find a German had done the same and was right in my face throwing his rifle butt in my mouth.

I died.

I loved it.

Teh smoke !!!! it roxxorz ><

Comment

for those of you with this pre ordered with the 360, the single player is short, REALLY short.
                        got mine (PC) on fri and its done now

not rubbish by any stretch of the imagination but not classic

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                          There was a bit in one of the early levels at the trainyard - There's a tank you need to attach an explosive to and I tried smoke-grenading it first so I could run in "under cover" - Dived into the smoke only to find a German had done the same and was right in my face throwing his rifle butt in my mouth.

I died.

I loved it.

Teh smoke !!!! it roxxorz ><
                          fookin superb m8

I was there doing that and i chucked the smoke grenade in and rushed in firing randomly like anutter and found out that the tank was moving and squished me over muhhahhahahhahha

smoke grenades fortehwin!

Comment

such positive impressions. This or Ridge Racer 6, or Condemned for Xbox 360, THAT is the question?

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
                              for those of you with this pre ordered with the 360, the single player is short, REALLY short.
                              got mine (PC) on fri and its done now

not rubbish by any stretch of the imagination but not classic
                              Not what I wanted to hear, thought this was going to have an epic single player game.

Also have my concerns over the damage system or lack of. I get that they are doing some thing a little different, but if all you have to do is duck into cover every time you get hit, then surely the game is not going to be that hard.

Edit : scratch that, guess its like Halo2, and that never seemed to easy

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                                I momentarily considered the 360 version too, then remembered two things - Mouse and Keyboard.

Even with a lower frame rate on PC, control always wins out for me.
                                True, but its all down to personal prefence in the end. I find that I am more adapted to using the S controller now for FPS, and considering that the X360 controller is ment to be really fricking great, Well, good times lay ahead .

Comment

Working...
                                X