Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very unlikely id have thought.

Comment

Maaaaaastaarrrr - PS2 back in the office, waited patiently until 6pm. Played through, unlocked Ziggy Stardust, rocked out on expert. Yeah baby.

Comment

I had a brief attempt at playing Guitar Freaks V with the Guitar Hero controller and have to say that it's totally pointless, on the most convenient setting (type C) you still have a gap between some of the buttons and the song select screen automatically scrolls without pressing anything meaning the only way to play a song is to use the pad first then plug in the GH controller when the song has been selected and you can't strum upwards either. It also made me realise how easy Guitar Hero is compared to Guitar Freaks, at the moment I've passed everything except Get Ready 2 Rokk on Expert on GH but I was scraping passing the easier songs on GF.

Get Ready 2 Rokk Expert will fall, just need to sober up and get some sleep first.

Comment

Somehow I'm finding Ready 2 Rokk easier than Bark.
          Not that I can pass either on expert - got 85% of the way on R2R which wasn't bad. It's a bit nasty.

Comment

Best Moments In Gaming #326

Stroking the whammy bar on this badass controller on the long green chords in Boston's More Than A Feeling

Comment

5 Days until I can play this (Birthday present) and damn can I not wait.

Comment

Hurray - just completed Hard

Bark at the Moon was OK once I figured out the first 30 seconds (most of the song repeats). There were of course some tricky bits but the second half has solo (ish) moments that are way easier than the rest of the song. Phew.

Cowboys from Hell is tough on the hands but again once you learn the general beat it isn't too bad. The solo section on this is an absolute biatch though, not sure how I passed that.

I made it down to the third section on Expert (Killer Queen), just have Megadeath left.

This game is so awesome Just like Frequency (and less so Amplitude), you can feel yourself improve with every single play. The sense of progress, not through the game but individual skill, is just immense.

Comment

Any tips for the megadeath track on expert? At about 60% it goes totally mental, I end up dieing within seconds every time. The only way I can get close to the end is if I use fully-powered Star Power, but even that isn't enough.

It's killing me

Comment

I've only got Bark at the Moon left on hard - I agree, I need to learn that repeated section as I'm failing at 15%. Cowboys I failed at 98% about 3 times in a row. Got it finally with cunning use of star power.

Conchise remains on the 4th section on expert...

Megadeath as in Symphony of Destruction? I remember it took me a couple of attempts but I just tried it now and found it no problem. That wibbly section in the middle can be done with full star power, obviously, plus it contains a few bits in there where you just slide a finger up and down the buttons. The rest of the track is really easy.

Comment

anyone playing this on a samsung HD lcd tv?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkster
                        Playing it on the LG High Def LCD, why? Looks ok to me, even through RGB

I'll keep at Symphony of Destruction expert - I agree that most of the song is easy, but that section just kills me. NOT looking forward to Fat Lip or Conchise on expert, let alone Bark or Cowboys!

Can almost 5-star Iron Man on expert now, which is satisfying. Another easy song with a tricky end-section, but almost there

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkster
                          I am. Looks great in standard def. over component.

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                            Best Moments In Gaming #326

Stroking the whammy bar on this badass controller on the long green chords in Boston's More Than A Feeling

Have to agree with you whole heartedly there buddy

Comment

the reason I ask is that im convinced there is a degree of lag on the game through my sammy panel

I play better on the crt downstairs

Comment

See if your TV has an option called "Game", if it does then you can eliminate the lag, if it doesn't then you're pretty much screwed. Lag on LCD TV's is the reason I can't play any of Konami's Bemani titles on my dads Samsung, the timing on Beatmania for example is way off so unfortunately until there's a solution to the problem I'm stuck with playing them on CRT.

Comment

Working...
                                X