No announcement yet.

Guitar Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlocked face melters on expert in career mode now, it starts to get really crazy from Crossroads onwards tbh, even Cochise is pretty tricky on Expert. Cowboys from Hell & Bark at the Moon are just a joke, it's a ****storm of tricky notes from beginning to end, I didn't even get to the 1st verse of Cowboys before failing.

Comment

i can get as far as the slow on cowboys but bATM bums me up every time i try it.

Comment

After god knows how many tries I finally beat Cowboys from Hell & Bark at the Moon Expert, I can give my hands a rest for a bit now. Now to beat Get Ready 2 Rokk by Freezepop.

Comment

Nice one Nisa! I was chuffed I did cochise on Hard last night Played some two player with a mate and my brother, it's ****ing superb. SO addcitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa

After god knows how many tries I finally beat Cowboys from Hell & Bark at the Moon Expert, I can give my hands a rest for a bit now..
            I did that myself on thursday, god what a bitch Bark at the Moon was >_< musta taken me like 20 attempts, I managed Cowboys from Hell on my 2nd try tho some how so satisfying to actually complete a game I own on the hardest difficulty setting... normally I struggle on easy :$

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
              I did that myself on thursday, god what a bitch Bark at the Moon was >_< musta taken me like 20 attempts, I managed Cowboys from Hell on my 2nd try tho some how so satisfying to actually complete a game I own on the hardest difficulty setting... normally I struggle on easy :$
              Exact same thing happened with me, of the last five licensed songs only Bark at the Moon took more than 2 attempts to clear, having said that though it was only due to strategic use of star power that I managed to pass some of the harder ones. I think Get Ready 2 Rokk is meant to be one of the hardest in the game, I haven't really bothered with most of the bonus songs tbh so I don't know which others are going to be tricky to pass.

Getting 5 star ratings on all songs to get Rock God status on Expert is going to take a while, I assume my right hand will have fallen off by the time that happens though.

Comment

I just unlocked all the bonus songs - Get Ready 2 Rokk is awesome! Can clear it on medium quite easily but can't keep up with it on hard. Like all freezepop songs in Harmonix games - its awesome!

Just finished medium too.

Comment

Hi all.

I`ve not been about for a bit and not been able to post my thoughts on Guitar Hero but anyway, here I am.

I got the PAL version of GH shortly after relese from my local GameStation. I was in the que waiting to pay for the Final Fight: Street Wise I`d picked up and behind the counter was GH. I asked the guy if it was any good to which I recieved a reply of "it`s ****ing awesome", so I sacked Final Fight and got my giant GH box from behind the counter.

Eventhough I`ve read the comments from the guys here that had picked up the NTSC version of the game and seen all the excitement it had generated, it was a completely spur of the moment decission on my part to pick this game up as I wasn`t sure if I`d like it being very non musical.

From the 1st moment of playing this game I was hooked. I started on Medium difficulty as I`ve never played a game on easy mode in my life but, that was soon about to change! At the begining I found medium very tough so it was off to practice on easy mode to learn my trade.

Easy was enjoyable and it wasn`t long until I was nailing songs with 100% notes played but medium was still proving hard for me. I was convinced at the time that I was destined to only play on easy mode but after a couple of days it all clicked into place and I was doing well until I reached the already talked about "Bark at the Moon!!"

What a bitch that turned out to be. It must`ve took me about 20 goes to do and like someone else mentioned, I was using my star power to save my arse from an angry crowd rather than to boost my score.

This game has turned out to be a really gem for me. It is something that I wouldn`t usually bother with and I`m so glad that I haven`t missed out on it. I`ve taken it to some of my mates houses and they have all fell in love with it, one of which has now bought the game and we`re having our 1st multiplayer battle tonight to find out who is the true guitar hero.

No pun intended but Guitar Hero ****in` ROCKS!!!!! 8)

Comment

Heh, I played my brother's over the Easter weekend... now I've ordered my own copy.

I can't play guitar but it wasn't as hard as some mention, maybe because I'm well practiced in other benami? I can do Bark at the Moon (medium) fairly easily but only if I stay "in the zone"... i.e. if I start thinking about what I'm doing I lose it completely. Years of practice of having my fingers/feet do things without my brain getting in the way.

Great stuff.

Comment

I actually find Bark At the Moon hardest at the very beginning, the solo bit that follows is technically harder but for some reason I can get it better. The general pattern of the song is really tough.

Digging some of the bonus tracks, nice addition.

edit - scratch what I said about BATM, I can now do the main beat pretty well, bar the bit just before "bark at the moon".
                      Last edited by PeteJ; 18-04-2006, 18:36.

Comment

Ok after quitting the crack habit that is online gaming I ordered this because its been a hit dying to happen and if they can make this playable for any idiot I thought, hey why not! Super fast delivery ( & free!) from play.com of this monster package took just a day.
                        Getting it out of the box its a pretty decent size for me but what do I know about guitars... The strap however is like those cheap straps on cheap sports bags and has a tendency to catch my hair under it, and I'm sure it will leave a mark on the neck too.
                        To the game! oh how fun it is for bananas like me with the rythm of a peanut the tutorial mode gives you a god idea how to start but its the constant practising on song that'll work wonders, after 3 hours of non stop play I can safely say OWWWW! my arms and hands I thought the xbox 1 cntroller was arthritis waiting to happen but im sure Guitar Hero will help me along some more.
                        Sorry for waffling but its not often something you think youre going to be rubbish at or jsut not like really is as fun as this. Glad my ps2 can come out of its semi singstar retirement and be used a little more. One last thing to note:
                        11 IS louder than 10!
                        funny loading screens make me smile between songs, I can't reccomend this one enough but i'll probably be back moaning at how I cant move for aching, its totally worth it though!

Comment

My order arrived in the office today, except my colleague had taken home the PS2 over Easter.

Withdrawl symptoms...

Comment

i finished all the songs on medium including the bonus ones just now. rolling onto hard as soon as my knuckles have had a rest, they are achey

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
                              The strap however is like those cheap straps on cheap sports bags
                              I hated the way it squeeked louder than the music...

I got a proper woven strap called a Planet Wave, Dark Side, Fluid Flames strap. Minimal squeeking, much more comfy, well worth the cash!

Comment

I am wondering if any of you can straighten out a rumour I have heard? That the US version of Guitar Hero is easier than the UK version. I've only played the UK version, so am unaware of any difference that may exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X