No announcement yet.

Guitar Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed 29 of the 30 songs in Medium mode. Don't think i'm going to get too far for a while yet, with the introduction of the Orange button.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman
      Theres something the reviewer got wrong on here to do with the tilt mechanism, its only susposed to get activated by quickly moving vertically and then you put it back down (you can even just press select if you cant be bothered to do it) so its not open to cheating as thats how it was designed, it was never designed to be played vertically in the special mode.
      I'm still not convinced that this quirk is intentional. The option to press select is for joypad users so I wouldn't read too much into that. If the "bug" is intentional then I suggest that its bad game design because it takes all the fun out of it.

Comment

Its not a quirk as I said its intentional, its just a tilt mechanism for on or off thats all, there is no way you would be able to play all the songs on expert with a vertical guitar. The manual also tells you on page 5 that you can choose select on the guitar for the special power (aka star power).

It's actually the only review Ive read out of countless ones thats talked about the tilt for the special mode being a cheat and a bug. The manual actually states how its meant to be used on page 9 and I quote...

"Once your star power meter is at least half full it'll flash and that means your ready to tilt your guitar hero SG controller! To tilt, hold the guitar hero SG controller straight up! That's right, your SG Controller should now be in the fully upright and rock position. Once star power is activated you can lower your guitar hero control back down and continue jamming. Star power will stay activated until the star power meter runs out. Star power scores you big points and brings out a large, energetic crowd! If you don't want to tilt the controller up, you can activate it by pressing the select button"

I might have only ever wrote the Tekki review on here, but at least I read the manual

The point of the star power is to get x8 multiplyer anyway from as long as you can without missing notes so you cant cheat and abuse the scoring by doing this as you just have to learn the best times to activate it.

It's a non issue anyway as the games stunning, I just felt it was a bit harsh to say its a bug (and could therefore put some people off buying it) when it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrical Donut
          Can anyone who has ordered from RedOctane in the US confirm which courier they use for international orders?

Cheers!
          if its come by parcelforce worldwide , it may well of gone through USPS

try tracking it here

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackan...rackandconfirm

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman
            It's a non issue anyway as the games stunning, I just felt it was a bit harsh to say its a bug (and could therefore put some people off buying it) when it wasn't.
            Well perhaps it was a little unfair to refer to it as a bug BUT I do still think it is poor design as the game is much more enjoyable if you have to play a section with the guitar held vertically. Yet, as you rightly point out, the game is still brilliant and I hope my review got that message across. I did say that the "bug" was a very minor problem after all. 9/10 aint bad y'know.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris

try tracking it here

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackan...rackandconfirm
              Originally posted by [font=arial, helvetica
              International Shipping form the RedOctane site]
              7 to 14 Business Days (does not include processing time)
              No Weekend delivery

All International orders are shipped via US Postal Service Global Priority Mail. Expect 7-14 business days for delivery.
              (...)

You will not be able to track orders shipped to an international location.
              [/font]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
                I can't really tell.

The only info I have on the box was "Parcelforce Worldwide".
                Originally posted by EvilBoris

try tracking it here

http://www.usps.com/shipping/tracka...trackandconfirm
                Cheers!

Got an email from them over the weekend explaining it was sent by USPS, I just hope Parcelforce take care of it when it reaches these shores

Comment

Mod to make your guitar wireless

Magazine that celebrates your right to tweak, hack, and bend any technology to your own will.

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Octane]You will not be able to track orders shipped to an international location [/QUOTE]

They are so wrong, I've tracked loads of parcels that have gone through USPS, they use the standard international tracking number, so you can also get the same information on the ParcelForce website

Comment

Question for anyone who ordered direct through the Red Octane site: did you receive any email confirmation or shipping confirmation ?

I placed my order last week and the money's gone out of my account... but I didn't get any email confirmation yet. I don't even know what my order # is, plus I never registered with the site so I can't check my order history.

Just wunderin' what everyone else's experiences were,

Cheers guys,

Dan

Comment

Customer service from them was v.poor. Despite requesting an email upon shipment during the ordering process I never received one. After noticing that i had been charged i emailed them asking if the game & controllers had been shipped & got a reply along the lines of:

"Thank you for the email. Your order was shipped out. Unfortunately there is no tracking information for international order. Blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda."

Even after a month had passed and i had emailed them asking to know the exact date of shipment I got a similar email with the added "Your order will take 2-3 business weeks for it to arrive" type get-out. Only they always refused to tell me when it was shipped to apply the 2-3wk timescale from.

Anyhoo it all arrived after about 5 weeks. If there's a decent alternative to sourcing anything they produce in the future, i'll choose that. Doesn't change the fact that Guitar Hero is fantastic though.

Comment

i had my mum playing Jimmy Hendrix last week and although i'm the guitar hero - she was the guitar zero

the father-in-law absolutely loved it as well

just can imagine my mum and her partner jamming together </yuck>

Comment

Mr MOby on Red Octane:

<<Customer service from them was v.poor.
                            Anyhoo it all arrived after about 5 weeks. If there's a decent alternative to sourcing anything they produce in the future, i'll choose that. Doesn't change the fact that Guitar Hero is fantastic though>>

Ahh nuts - I might just go ahead and order another one from Lik Sang and ebay whichever comes second. I sent the Red Octane service department an email two days ago and still haven't heard back.

Bahh,

Dan

Comment

I sent them an email saying it had been 6 weeks since their dispatch email, and was it lost - they sent me a reply it would take 2-3 weeks Fortunately it showed up two days later. Not the best service i've ever had.

Comment

Did online order tracking via USPS actually work for anyone? Just says no info for me. I ordered mine last Monday, so it's coming up on two weeks now. I know some people on here got within 2 weeks, wonder why it's gotten so poor recently...

Comment

Working...
                                X