Clear All

Kameo:Elements of Power

Boxart:

Release Dates:

US - 22/11/05
    JPN -
    PAL - 02/12/05

Synopsis:

Rare introduces Kameo: Elements of Power, a mystical action-adventure game available exclusively on Xbox 360, where the ability to morph into unique and incredible warriors allows Kameo to search out and battle ever-present evil.

As blood ties are betrayed and ancient rituals shattered, the Troll King Thorn is unleashed into Kameo's world once more, fully intent on completing the destruction of the Elfin empire with his barbarous Troll army. The only hope for salvation lies with young Elf Kameo and her gifts of control over the legendary Elemental Warriors, though her own family's involvement in Thorn's captivity (and, she will come to discover, his release) also marks her out as one of the Troll King's critical targets...

If the colossal war which rages in her kingdom is to end before the Trolls leave nothing but ash and bones in their wake, Kameo knows that she must journey towards a decisive confrontation with Thorn at the very heart of his own territory. But her enemy is not only the most ruthless warleader in history, he is also sly, experienced, utterly single-minded and capable of any cruelty or deceit if it will serve his ends. In short, the scales are tipped heavily in Thorn's favour.

Although time is not on her side, Kameo knows that to stand any real chance of saving her people from extinction, she must do everything possible to even the odds. Firstly, she must cancel any leverage Thorn may have by freeing her trapped Ancestors from their prisons in the darkest corners of the world. And secondly, the age-old spirits of the Elemental Warriors - powerful entities that maintain the balance of nature - must be tracked down and brought to bear in the name of Kameo?s desperate cause.

Boasting impeccable next-generation graphics and innovative gameplay, Kameo shines as a giant leap in game development. Continuing its legacy of creating dynamic puzzles, immersive combat and enormous environments, Rare fuses multiple genres to create a strikingly fun gaming experience.

Screenshots:

Features:

? Real-time morph-into-warrior action - This innovative combat system allows players to harness and strategically employ the unique powers of 10 elemental warriors from the five Elements of Power (Plant, Water, Rock, Ice and Fire), including Major Ruin, the armadillo, and Ash, the fire dragon. Each warrior has up to eight powerful abilities, and players can upgrade their warriors' abilities through strategic augmentations, ultimately providing numerous gameplay possibilities. With the game's fast-paced action, loads of enemies and massive boss encounters, success requires clever and strategic deployment of each warrior's powers and ability to master "quick-switch" combinations. Engage in up-close combat on the battlefield with Pummelweed, a wicked, boxing plant-warrior, or finish off enemies as Chilla, an ice yeti, by throwing penetrating ice spears.

? Next-generation gaming - Transcending the common gaming aesthetic with greater cinematic appeal, "Kameo" represents the cutting-edge graphics and gameplay expected of next-generation gaming on Xbox 360. "Kameo" boasts stunning battlefield experiences where gamers will experience thousands of simultaneous enemies with independent artificial intelligence, as well as exciting special effects, high-quality voice-over and high-definition graphics enabled only through Xbox 360. The visceral and engaging online experience is enhanced with the latest developments in Xbox Live support.

? Vast exploration across a mystical, magical world - Lush environments, an engrossing story, marvelous creatures and clever environmental puzzles abound in this fantastical, richly envisioned universe. In this world, Kameo must master her new ability to transform into various warriors and harness their elemental powers to save her family from Thorn, the evil troll king.

? Immersive and intense cooperative gameplay - "Kameo" enables multiple players to vanquish foes together in split-screen cooperative mode.

Buy it Links:
    Last edited by Spatial; 29-10-2005, 08:33.

Kameo:Elements of Power

Well I spent most of today and yesterday playing this. Its very disappointing. The graphics look great, especially in 720p but even in 480p, but the gameplay is average. It reminds me of Jak and Daxter for some reason with some DMC thrown in for good measure, there are some cute touches but some of it seems like they developed a whole section of the game just for that touch. Between 3 of us we finished it in two days, its very short. Apart from 3 or 4 most of the puzzles are Gamers 101 and it feels too often like you are just going through the motions. Some of the characters that your morph into seem too short lived and it feels like they rushed the game out in because of this. I'm hoping that Rare spent the effort on PDZ. The 360 is very nice, MS clearly listened when people complained about the the brick And not once did we have any battery issues with the controllers.

I should hopefully play PGR3 tomorrow.

Neil.

Comment

How did you manage to play it?

I've had a go on the demo, but I think tis one of hte worst games to use for a demo game, it seems like something that'll take awhile to get into.

Comment

Dang, I've been looking foward to this for so long. There doesn't really seem to be any really decent games coming out for the 360 I rushed to pre-order.

Comment

Dammit, I was tracking this game since the early days of the GC version. Oh well, at least it looks good.......

Comment

Rushed the game out! It's been in development for ages! Bah!

Comment

Agreed. It's the same with PDZ. There's no excuse if they turn out to be stinkers.

Comment

Sounds like a breathtaking gorgeous game, with simple gameplay and not much depth. I guess it's a nice game to play though, but not for people wanting their brain-teased and 72hours of gameplay.

Comment

I obtained a 360 with Kameo for testing purposes, its not mine and its not here in my house but we went into the office on Saturday and Sunday to play We supposedely should get PGR3 today.I won't get Ridge until I goto the US in 2 weeks time.

Kameo isn't a bad game, but its not a +great+ game either. Its a shelf filler, graphics are typical of Rare. I don't know if the game was rushed or not, it just feels that way when you morph to one character only to solve a couple of puzzles.

I am a real convert to the 360, the interface is amazing (the live parts look great but we couldn't plug it into the network) the media stuff works well. The pad feels identical to the outgoing S controller but the extra shoulder buttons are well placed and should give Pro Evo fans a boost. However, I have to say that the launch titles are looking not so good. In my view Halo was the launch title for the Xbox and for many was the reason to buy the console for the first year. I don't see that launch title here now unless PDZ is it, definately not the best launch line up of any console. PSP still owns that award. I'm taking in Halo 1 and 2 to see if the updated versions work as Bungie say they do. Will report on this later.

Neil.

Comment

ha ha i fully expect the ms boffins to break into the forum and drag neilmcrae down to quantanamo

Comment

Kameo has been running on every in-store 360 pod I've seen in the past week ... which is a shame, as, from a quick-pick-up-n-play angle, I wouldn't think it would generate a lot of interest ... without understanding a lot of the controls and stuff, it just seems like a flashier-looking version of Tomb Raider (yawn).

Having said that, I didn't really fancy it much in the first place.

And I agree with gamelife ... I can definitely see an improvement with HD, but nothing that makes me want to throw my old telly away. Not even close. If I were to upgrade tomorrow, it'd just be so I could hang it on the wall and save some space: picture quality would be secondary.

Comment

Personally, I couldn't give two ****s about reviews. What it boils down to for me is hands on experience and what I've played of it seemed great to me. Who cares if the game is only 12 or so hours long? I'd rather have that than a 100 hour epic which I'd probably never get round to beating.

As for visuals, who'd need a HD setup? The TV I played it on certainly wasn't one and from what I could see, that game wouldn't look out of place on a top line PC gaming rig - My TV has a VGA port so I'll be a happy bunny once I hook up my 360 to it...

Comment

I got this this morning and spent a little time with it. Not sure what to make of it really, it's pretty typical Rare but lacks a certain Nintendo magic about it. Got a bit lost in the first level too which wasn't much fun!

Graphics are solid but unsurprising. Jaggies galore and 30fps too, but lots of shiny surfaces and parallax mapping. The first section is very industrial and enclosed which seems like a poor choice - would have been preferable to have started with some sort of green and beautiful fair tale type landscape.

Will play more tonight. So far I'm thinking this could go either way.

Comment

Most surprising game I've picked up on the 360 - I'm really enjoying this so far even though it isn't anything original. The different characters are really likeable, like the way the Major Ruin guy (the ball) hobbles along at slow speed, or the way Rubble (the rock dude) chuckles to himself after he does his very amusing exploding attack.

I played coop too - you can only play levels unlocked by player one in single player, which is a shame, and can also only play the main dungeons rather than adventure sections, but it is a laugh.

Looks lovely in high def too, so colourful and bold.

Comment

Quick question. At the start where the

Water tower rises in the castle

how do i get up it?

Comment

Working...
                              X