Biohazard Deadly Silence - Nintendo DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kubrick
    Looks like it must've been the PAL version I was thinking of (pretty sure that had a colour intro, but it was censored with less gore, and didn't show Chris smoking etc), because I just tried all 3 JPN versions of the game and the intros are all in black & white and uncut.

Each version has different music though.

Biohazard has a cheesy rock song (with vocals) for the Cast section.
    Director's Cut plays the same music as Resident Evil for the Cast lineup.
    Dual Shock Ver. features a orchestral piece for the cast lineup, and also has similar music during the actual intro as well.

I Biohazard
    i'm sure i bought a Japanese version within the last few years and it was cut - totally gutted, thats why i was happy to get my mits on the Saturn version

the main parts that are cut in the servered hand and the attack on teh stars member with blood shooting everywhere and dogs eyes getting shot out

also ingame the Zombie biting the dead of the dead stars member in the mansion

Comment

the main parts that are cut in the servered hand and the attack on teh stars member with blood shooting everywhere and dogs eyes getting shot out
      Yeah, those bits you mention are in all the Japanese versions.

Comment

Yeah, those bits you mention are in all the Japanese versions.
        the version i had didnt have it - dont know which version it was

thought it was the directors cut

oh well unless my modded UK ps1 censored the game for me </sarcasm>

i sold it right away as i thought i had my gaming holy grail

Comment

I thought it was just the Saturn release which had the full intro. Anyway, I bought it last night.(^_^)

Comment

Dual Shock Ver. features a orchestral piece for the cast lineup, and also has similar music during the actual intro as well.

I Biohazard
            I've not seen this one. And I call myself a Resi fan! Tiem to go track it down

Emir - Sega Europe promised the PAL version of Saturn Resident Evil would have the uncut intro (and the demo actually does!), but the retail PAL game was cut like the PAL PlayStation game
            I assume the JPN Saturn game had the uncut intro, I see no reason why not.

Comment

Trying to get of the originals wont be easy now. When I was in Den Den Town last year I tried to scout them out but had no luck I am sure they'll turn up at somepoint, without having to pay PlayAsia prices for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                I've not seen this one. And I call myself a Resi fan! Tiem to go track it down
                My copy was still sealed untill I had a look at it last night. The extra "Complete Disc" that comes with it even has yet another version of the intro - this time with all Japanese voices.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                  Sega Europe promised the PAL version of Saturn Resident Evil would have the uncut intro (and the demo actually does!), but the retail PAL game was cut like the PAL PlayStation game
                  I assume the JPN Saturn game had the uncut intro, I see no reason why not.
                  To be honest, I can`t really see what the problem was either. I do remember the round about that time and a couple of years leading upto the original Resi Evil there was alot of fuss from do gooders moaning about how violent games, maybe they just decided to play safe with the RE intro.

I also remember these do gooders moaning about the Street Fighter 2 post fight screen where you can see you`re opponants smashed up face......... f*ckin` morons!!

I know this is kinda a little off topic but, as you guys are, I`m a massive fan of the series. I remember watching Games Master and they showed this awesome looking game where`s this bloke shooting at a zombie and he shoot his arm off! At that point I knew that I had to have this game. I think months went by and I`d forgotten all about the game and the name of it until I went into HMV in Manchester.

They had a US copy of Resident Evil and when I looked at the back of the box I knew I`d found it. I was so excited I didn`t give a monkey`s that it was ?70 or the fact that I had a PAL PlayStation, I went straight over to the counter where the fella is giving me all the "you do know that it`ll only work on a US PlayStation don`t you??" kinda talk but I didn`t care. I got a chip put in and bought a scart lead so all in all I paid ?150 just to play RE and it was worth every single penny!

I think if you`ve always loved playing video games (or maybe it`s just me ), you play many games and you see them come and go but, there are special times every so often where something magical happens and a game that has almost been created by some kind of "games god" arrives. RE was definately one of these games, here we are 10 years on still enjoying it.

Ok sorry about that, reminissing over Anyway, as Columbo would say "just one more thing", does anyone know of a website where you can view the full RE intro?? I`ve always played the US versions of all the RE games so I`d really like to see the original intro in all of its gory glory 8)

I have the US version of Deadly Silence on order, shipping on 08/02/06 via super speedy delivery, I can`t f*ckin` wait!!

Comment

Have a look back a page. I posted a link to supposedly the biggest non-official RE/Biohazard site on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                      Have a look back a page. I posted a link to supposedly the biggest non-official RE/Biohazard site on the net.
                      Cheers fella

Comment

Originally posted by VonManc
                        I have the US version of Deadly Silence on order, shipping on 08/02/06 via super speedy delivery, I can`t f*ckin` wait!!
                        You may want to check that release date out VonManc? I'm going to be placing my order soon but VG+ are reporting it being released on the 14th?

EDIT Hmm looking at Tronix, where I guess you have your pre order its up for release on the 8th?

Anyway know what the confirmed release date is for this then??
                        Last edited by gizmo1990; 31-01-2006, 10:43.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990
                          You may want to check that release date out VonManc? I'm going to be placing my order soon but VG+ are reporting it being released on the 14th?

EDIT Hmm looking at Tronix, where I guess you have your pre order its up for release on the 8th?

Anyway know what the confirmed release date is for this then??
                          I`m getting mine from PA and I check every day to see if there are any probs and it still says release on the 7th and shipped on the 8th.

I might drop em an email to double check.

Comment

Kubrick i luv the fact that you had the arsenal of the entire jap versions of biohazard, so you could check em all out! Well done, star for you! But did it not pain you that the game is no longer sealed now that you have tested it?

Also i think its in tekken 1 or 2 on the jap ps1 that had an advert of biohazard 1. its actually quite good, was that in colour?

Comment

Resident Evil Fan is a great site. And yes, as mentioned, it has the full uncut intro as well as many other vids. I've had the site bookmarked for ages.(^_^)

My favourite Biohazard advert is George Romero's short clip for Biohazard 2. Abso- friggin-lutely brilliant. Definitely check that out if you haven't.

Everyday I weep over the loss of Romero's script for the movie.

Anderson you ****er.

Comment

Does anyone remember the UK RE2 adverts? With the guy running from the camera, and the camera following him as if it were a monster? I thought it rocked Never seen it to download though.

Comment

Working...
                                X