Far Cry Instincts Predator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope.

I've been playing through this on Rookie difficulty, with the helpers turned on the controls aren't that bad. The game gets a lot more fun after the initial few very difficult levels (even on rookie). I'm enjoying it enough that I'll replay on a harder difficulty at some point.

Comment

I knew there was a problem with the aiming before i bought this and it can be summed up easily.

Targeting reticule MASSIVE bullet tiny. If you even place the reticule near an enemy it goes red and you shoot and they die. It is an auto aim that is generous in the extreme. I think you might be able to change this.

Having never played any Far Cry before I am quite enjoying it. It is hard but I like that although not sure if I like the twist. Another sort of Halo/Half Life copycat executed slightly differently.

All that said it is a nice little romp with some nice features.

Comment

This has been patched now, but you'll still want auto-aim etc on. I set analogue sensitivity to 1 or 2 at most. It's unplayable (even patched) otherwise.

It's still a schitty game, patch or no.

Comment

Anyone played this recently?

I find it to be an irritating game at times - very little indication of how you died. Also, before some of the feral powers, it is very difficult to see in the dark. They could easily have included a light of some kind - it would even come in handy later on when you are low on adrenalin.

In the mines level, there was one bit where you had to cross a ravine to a small island in the middle (a little outcrop of land). I had no choice but to lie prone and pick them off with my sniper rifle. Just seemed a bit odd.

I really enjoyed the earlier levels after I got into them, but as I mentioned, the night scenes drained my enthusiasm. The

feral attacks

seem to be rather clumsy in my experience - not the visceral, free flowing experience they should be. Large parts of the game can be skipped on a boat or by running at high speed, which is a bit odd.

Comment

oddly, i really enjoyed the xbox Far Cry Instincts, i thought it ws very solid and enjoyble, love the PC original to - i hate 360 Far Cry though - wonk controls, through the roof difficulty, **** graphics (bar the water effects which are superb) long loading times, i just hate it. The enemies seem to soak up bullets like no tomorrow, and just stand there without even flinching while they nail you with a headshot from 30 yards. Crap game...

Comment

lol i just looked at some of my older posts in this thread. well i take it all back - again! it's ****e please stay away!!

Comment

Working...
              X