New. Super Mario Bros DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjpageuk
    I have found every exit but have given up short of collecting every coin. Considering how much I love my Mario games it is a bit disappointing to me that I cant be bothered to finish them off.

I have found the few coins on World 8 where you keep needing the mini mushroom very frustrating. You have a go die because of your weird floatyness as mini and then have to go back to world 1-4 or whatever to get a mushroom back again and repeat. They are set up to be pretty annoying as every time after you collect the coin you then have to do most of the level as mini mario too and I hate being that little guy.

Go to World 1-4, get two mini-mushrooms (one in reserve), then go to the level that requires the mini-mushroom, and save before entering the level. That way you get two chances, and if you still fail, you can just reload. There was one level near the end of World 8 that requires said mushroom, and it took me a few attempts to succeed!

Comment

I'm on world 2 of this at the moment, I have fairly skinny fingers so not having any cramp issues. The only thing I'm disappointed in is that the crap power-ups (mega mario and blue shell) take precedence over the good one (fire flower) so if you're holding a blue shell in reserve and collect a fire flower, the blue shell stays in reserve and you just get points. Which sucks because the new power-ups are crap, even though they're good for getting to secrets, fire flower is the best power-up in the game. Still a great game though, I'm alternating between this, Ouendan and Animal Crossing on my new sexy dark blue japanese DS Lite My wife got a light blue one. DS Lite and its selection of games has rekindled my interest in games and helped to lift my depression a bit as I was becoming less and less interested in playing anything at all lately. Hooray for Nintendo and the love they spread

Comment

Im absolutely hooked to this game, ive got through all the top worlds i just now need to find out how to get to the two bottom worlds and ill start getting all the coins

Much love for this

Comment

Originally posted by oblivion_6
          two bottom worlds
          Sooo many possibilities

Comment

Just picked this up from Game as I'd forgotten to pre-order online and wanted to play it tonight, also had a fiver of points to spend anyway.

I know I'm like a stuck record, but man, I wish Game would give it a rest.

Me: "Just this game please".

Game peep: "We do a good guidebook for this".

"I'm fine thanks".

"You know you could trade your DS in and get a lite version?"

"I've got a lite thanks".

"Have you got screen protectors for it, they come in our essential accessories pack which is only ?x".

"Fine thanks, just the game".

"Sure we can't tempt you with one of our offers of the week?".

I know it should come as no surprise considering their slump in profits, but the way they're going, I'd rather pay a bit more or drive a bit further to go do a different shop tbh.

Anyway, let's get Mario fired up.

Comment

been playing this all week and now opened up all the level but still have a few secret passages to find

got about 7 start coins left to get and i have 2 stars next to my save game. 4 of the stars are on the last 2 levels

the level with the erupting volcano was a nightmare (2nd star) since you need to be on the level as mini mario to get to the pipe

Comment

Level 6 is tremendous Anyone finished this yet?
                Last edited by Mu5; 30-06-2006, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Mu5
                  1 star coin left and i cant find it

Comment

No way man

Comment

Originally posted by Mu5
                      Well, to be all smug about it: those of us who imported it finished it ages ago

Comment

Played the first world of this today and I had a go in the multiplayer (not minigames) which was actually pretty hilarious.

Comment

Looks like im missing something to the rest of you.

Anyone who knows me, knows i really love mario games but this one has left me pretty dissapointed. I have completed it & i'm in the process of collecting star coins but it just feels so bland. Some of the levels dont even feel like mario levels to me. I guess i have just been spoiled by the e levels on super mario advance 4 which were totally unlike anything i had played before.

The only things i liked in this were the new mushroom platforms (those made me smile), the bendy pipes & the mega mario mushroom.

Thank god super paper mario is out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku

Anyone who knows me, knows i really love mario games but this one has left me pretty dissapointed. I have completed it & i'm in the process of collecting star coins but it just feels so bland. Some of the levels dont even feel like mario levels to me. I guess i have just been spoiled by the e levels on super mario advance 4 which were totally unlike anything i had played before.
                            i'm a bit of a fanboy myself and i find it as frustrating as it is brilliant

got all the star coins now - just looking for those pesky warp pipe's

just a great game

i did find the boss characters a little easy though - shame as getting to them was the hard part and then you kinda knew it would be easy from them

some of the star coins are a fecking nightmare to get - or i'm just a poor gamer

Comment

Originally posted by importaku

The only things i liked in this were the new mushroom platforms (those made me smile), the bendy pipes & the mega mario mushroom.

Thank god super paper mario is out soon.
                              I totally agree.

I'm currently towards the end of world 6 and keep thinking that something will soon click with me and make me fall in love with the game but it hasn't happened yet and don't think it will now.

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination but, as importaku said, it just feels so bland and in a different league to SMW or Yoshi's Island. It almost doesn't feel like a Nintendo game but some other developer attempting to pay 'homage' to them and falling some way short.

If the new Paper Mario game is as disappointing as this, I'll cry. No, honestly - I really will.

Comment

Finished this the other day - FAR better than Yoshi's Island and SMB3, and about on par with SMW and SM64. Absolutely beautiful throughout, what a game. Easy to reach the end, but attaining 3 stars took penty of time.

Glad it didn't have a flight powerup - it broke SMW tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X