No announcement yet.

New. Super Mario Bros DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found the level before the end (I think) to be the toughest. That snake like moving block which carries you around the level was horribly hard to get to grips with, I did it in the end though!

Comment

I found that pretty easy, mainly due to experience gained in Super Mario World Getting all the star coins was a bit tricky, but far from impossible (though you needed good timing with the jumps so it didn't leave you behind!)

Comment

I finished the game yesterday. I guess it was way too easy, never took me more than 3 hours. I wish it were longer.I liked the credits and minigame multiplayer. I never knew there were special mini games only for multiplayer. Mini game multiplayer is a laugh, you have to try it some time.

BTW how many lives did you guys have when you reached the end? I had 68 or so, thanks to the one up houses

Comment

Originally posted by Hosain H
          I finished the game yesterday. I guess it was way too easy, never took me more than 3 hours. I wish it were longer.I liked the credits and minigame multiplayer. I never knew there were special mini games only for multiplayer. Mini game multiplayer is a laugh, you have to try it some time.

BTW how many lives did you guys have when you reached the end? I had 68 or so, thanks to the one up houses
          I had about 5 lol

Comment

Had about 25 but I never really went much after getting extra lives cos I never felt much in danger of running out. Almost all my lives were lost on world 8.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

About the minigames.... are they just like the ones in Mario 64 DS or are there differences?

Comment

Hharm - some are exactly the same, some have been tweaked to try to make them appear as new games, but they haven't stood the test of time very well when we've been enjoying proper 'full' software for over a year now, they even removed the best games

Comment

Originally posted by HHarm
                  About the minigames.... are they just like the ones in Mario 64 DS or are there differences?
                  They're mostly the same, although some new ones have been added. There is one major, major difference though- you can play them multi-player with one-cart.

I think they're a lot of fun that way.

Comment

Question for anyone that has finished the game.

I've collected all the Star coins, that I'm sure of. At the bottom of the top screen on the map it says All Star Coins spent, and every level says complete. But.. on the save file screen I only have 2 stars next to my save. I assumed there would be 3 there, indicating that I have found all the secret pathways and all the coins, can anyone confirm this? The map looks complete to me but I guess I might have missed one

Top game, and definitely up there with marioworld for me. Sure it was easy enough to get through the game and beat the boss but the challenge lay in finding all the exits and collecting all the star coins. A small gripe about getting hold of the small mushroom/ shell powerups but all in all well and truly satisfied.
                    Best platformer in YEARS.

Comment

I still have about 10 coins left to collect and already have 2 stars.. I think you may have missed an exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers
                        Question for anyone that has finished the game.

I've collected all the Star coins, that I'm sure of. At the bottom of the top screen on the map it says All Star Coins spent, and every level says complete. But.. on the save file screen I only have 2 stars next to my save. I assumed there would be 3 there, indicating that I have found all the secret pathways and all the coins, can anyone confirm this? The map looks complete to me but I guess I might have missed one

Top game, and definitely up there with marioworld for me. Sure it was easy enough to get through the game and beat the boss but the challenge lay in finding all the exits and collecting all the star coins. A small gripe about getting hold of the small mushroom/ shell powerups but all in all well and truly satisfied.
                        Best platformer in YEARS.

I had exactly the same problem yesterday as well. Make sure you use every warp pipe and cannon and visit all the mushroom houses that appear at the start of each level to get the 3 stars beside your save file

Comment

Ryodi. Cheers for that pal. Would never have thought to do that. Not much of a reward though is it!

Comment

Not really but NSMB is one of the very few games I have actually 100% completed recently despite it not being as good as either SMW or Yoshi's Island it is still much better than its only real DS rival, Sonic Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                              They're mostly the same, although some new ones have been added. There is one major, major difference though- you can play them multi-player with one-cart.

I think they're a lot of fun that way.
                              Were the minigames playable in multiplayer? I just tried my friends Mario 64 and I could only find the main multiplayer. The minigames were only available in single player. Is the multiplayer an unlockable?

Funny thing to be interested I know, but the information is actually important to me.

Comment

Mario 64 doesn't have mini-game multiplayer, only NSMB.

Comment

Working...
                                X