No announcement yet.

New. Super Mario Bros DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah there is much, much more to this game than apparent initially. Like I had said in an earlier post I actually think that's a mistake in the structure but, if you make the effort to fill in those gaps, you'll find levels that are an absolute joy to play.

Comment

The only problem is...having 100% 'ed a lot of mario games in the past, I'm finding it difficult to get any motivation to do the same AGAIN on this one. It's very accessable and pick up and playable but I just can't be arsed compared to other games at the moment. There are SO many good DS games that I can't share my time well enough!

I think the fact I couldn't save any time made me complete it so much quicker, it forced me to finish worlds, progress further etc. Ended up with 72 lives on completion, a figure which has gone back up to 80+ now with the only hard level being the very last one (and even that wasn't particularly hard). I think they really dropped the ball not allowing you save anywhere...

I didn't want to rush this experience having waited so long for it, I even tried just shutting the DS to leave in standby but I really don't like doing that for long!

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
        I think they really dropped the ball not allowing you save anywhere...
        You can save anywhere. Just press start on the map screen.

Comment

He clearly means on the first play through.

Comment

I have to admit, I actually far prefer the process of 100%ing this game to -- dare I utter such sacrilege -- things like getting all the Dragon Coins in SMW

Comment

Yeah I never bothered with the coins in SMW.

Comment

I think worlds 7 and 8 are much better than the other worlds. The structure is a bit dodgy - you should not miss out whole worlds - definitly. But 7 and 8 are excellent.

Comment

World 8 is back to true fist biting frustration Mario stylee heh... especially when you are trying to get the coins at the same time. Oh those bloody moving green blocks
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'm at the green blocks at the minute on level 9 or 10. Grrrrr!

Comment

Just completed my first run through - what a wonderful, wonderful game. Already itching to get back into it and find all of the levels and coins.

Sure, it is a little on the easy side, but Mario games were never difficult in terms of reaching the end(bar The Lost Levels). Discovering every last secret is the name of the game here.

Without extended play it is difficult to comment, but initial impressions are that it is probably in my top 3 mario games, along with World and 64.

Comment

Anyone played the japanese version yet? (language barrier etc.)
                        I need that yellow box!

Comment

I have the Japanese version. I can read and understand basic japanese but I don'tt think there is any point where it'd be a problem. There are a few yes/no things for saving and stuff but standard procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                            World 8 is back to true fist biting frustration Mario stylee heh... especially when you are trying to get the coins at the same time.

GNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH THOSE ****ING SPIDER THINGS!!!!!!!!

Right, I'm calm now

Comment

Originally posted by saif
                              I have the Japanese version. I can read and understand basic japanese but I don'tt think there is any point where it'd be a problem. There are a few yes/no things for saving and stuff but standard procedure.
                              There is the descriptions for the mini games though, but they're not really that hard to figure out.

Except for the card/table games. I can't understand them even with the English description

Comment

Originally posted by saif
                                Cheers, ordered.

Comment

Working...
                                X