Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****Slightly off topic****

Ok so mine was due today but my lazy ass mailman, I guess postman to you all in Queens country, didn't feel the need to walk the registered mail package up the stairs to my apartment door and ask the mrs, who is home today, to sign for it.

Now my freakin Joe sits in the back of some lazy as US postal workers truck and I can't get my hands on VJ until tomorrow morning, which I'll have to do before work. Anway what this post boils down to, is always have your stuff sent UPS. Its worth the extra $$.

Comment

*Looks at PAL Gamecube*

October 8th, you say?

For the US release, is it?

Excuse me, but I'm off to have my body cyrogenically frozen so I can be defrosted around the PAL release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
        *Looks at PAL Gamecube*

October 8th, you say?

For the US release, is it?

Excuse me, but I'm off to have my body cyrogenically frozen so I can be defrosted around the PAL release date.
        C'mon, it works with Freeloader! That's what I'm doing, anyway.

Comment

I'm going to order Viewtiful Joe immediately when I get back from my vacation . Hopefully I'll be playing it within three to four weeks. I'm also using the Freeloader to play it, because I just can't wait for another couple of months. It works fine with Freeloader, doesn't it?

Comment

Yep. People are reporting back that it works absolutely fine with Freeload 1.04 and 1.06. So... even if u have the slightly less advanced FL, it will still work

I am using a freeloader for my US cube as i haven't got it modded to play JAP.
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Well i've joined team Viewtiful this morning. One week, normal post from PlayAsia. Can't grumble really.

Had about 45 mins. The game is great. Took me some time to get used to jump (a) but apart from that it's fab. Still not getting any combo's (don't know how really)
              Just finished the first stage.
              I take it people must be playing on Adult as i'm **** at games and beat the Helicopter 2nd time?

I think someone else asked if you could go back and retry the stage. If so, how so?

Comment

I too received this yesterday (along with my Sega Direct version of Initial D ) and I am really impressed by this, it's certainly a different take on the tired scrolling fighter genre.

Didn't play too much, since I aim to sit down at the weekend with it and give it a good rinsing

Comment

The helicopter boss is an absolute pig ft:

I can beat it nearly everytime but i need to learn out to beat it with style. At the moment i'm just hammering it with all i've got, hoping for the best and taking plenty of hits for my troubles. I guess there must be a slick way of beating it without button bashing or taking damage and i won't rest until i've found it.

Comment

Originally posted by Edame
                    #edit# Are people using the d-pad or analog stick to move Joe? I think I prefer the d-pad, but my hands start to ache pretty quickly.
                    Been using the D-pad - seems much more precise.

Probably going to give an arcade stick a try quite soon as well

Comment

I bought Mach Speed, but did I have to?

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                        I bought Mach Speed, but did I have to?
                        I think if you buy the next level of mach (you can buy level 2 & 3), it increases the number of alter-image Joes on screen - increase teh rushdown baby!!!1111

Comment

Just to explain the system a bit: (as an example)

Suppose you have 4 enemies onscreen, jump into the middle of them so you have 2 on each side. They will both try and attack, dodge as per the markers and they will daze - now the combo starts - tap each of those 2 enemies a few times and quickly jump over to the 3rd enemy. Dodge and attack as before, and the same with the 4th. The aim is to get all 4 enemies dazed and dealt a few taps before you hit Slow -
                          Tapping an enemy while it's dazed and dodging will keep the combo activated, you can move around the screen as you like but just make sure you dodge or tap to stay in combo mode.

When you go into Slow all you have to do is smack each enemy to increase the multiplier. An easy way with 4 enemies onscreen is to uppercut 1, boot 2 45 degrees upwards, turn around smack 3 and jump up and give 4 the Red Hot Kick.

The enemies drop items to increase your VFX during combos - you can stay in Slow until the next wave jump in and carry it on - the combo stops when you release Slow.

Comment

And there was me hammering X and Y as many times and as fast as I could....

It took me 5 minutes to get off the opening screen where you had to press Z - I forgot the button even existed and couldnt work out why the game wasnt continuing!

Comment

I didn't quite understand how I got the enemies into a state where they have a target on them, and then slapping them across the screen. This process would seem to be counter productive to comboing too, am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk
                                And there was me hammering X and Y as many times and as fast as I could....

It took me 5 minutes to get off the opening screen where you had to press Z - I forgot the button even existed and couldnt work out why the game wasnt continuing!
                                Glad I wasn't the only one who came a cropper on that bit

Comment

Working...
                                X