• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving it. Final Fight on acid! Still can't beat the bloody chopper though

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
      Beat
      Originally posted by spoiler
      the Shark without a problem after typing my last msg... I got him to eat bombs and make them explore... did it quite easily there!
      Now I'm a little stuck on
      fighting yourself. I can get him down to the last sliver of energy but what specifically do I need to do to beat him? Everything I launch either does no damage (hence the suggestion something specific must be done) or he dodges it...
      Or and to answer MET's question, there are 3 set button configs, no free setting and slow is always L and speed up is always R...
      bugger do you always have to HOLD or can it be set to SWITCH like zelda?

cheers

Comment

Sorry MET you have to hold it in.

Mayhem...

The way I beat him was by pummelling him whenever he looked like he was about to launch an attack like either call the ship or multiply. You can get in a few hits that way. Do them in slow mo as you will dodge his zoom kick thing he does to escape. Watch your VFX gauge though. He also tries sneaking up on you when he summons the ship and its shooting lasers. Just dodge then beat him up. If you don't you will only get one hit in. Dodging the multiples is a pain, but you can destroy some of them and might hit him luckily. Hope this helps.

Comment

Done the chopper in finally... I now have ZOOM! Very cool..

Comment

whats the language barrier like on this game?

seriously interested in getting the JAP version, if it's easy to play and understand

Comment

Don't think language is going to be any problem, when you are going to be kick/punching your way through the game

The mini-tutorials text are in JPN, although the onscreen prompts tell you which button to press to do that certain skill.
              Power-up items are labelled in english, with descriptions in japanese. Most are easy to figure out.

Other than that, the voice acting is in English with JPN subs.

Comment

Zoinks, presentation a go go baby! This game is without a doubt the most stylish and best presented game in the history of the world. I got about 2200 viewtifuls in one combo and the audience applauded like manic pastry chefs!

Plus it's absolutly hillarious, laugh out loud funny stuff. I propose that Dave Perry be strapped down Clockwork Orange style, forced to play through the game, and then re-evaluate his life.

Viewtiful

Comment

Does it support Pro-Logic II?

Comment

The option screen only has mono and stereo. No specific Pro Logic 2 support as far as I can see

But it's still great

Comment

[me until 2:00am]

Comment

My Viewtiful Joe arrived from Tokuda this morning.

...about a minute before i left for work.

5.30 can't come soon enough!!

Comment

This game is the shiznit! got it on Saturday morning, its just sooo stylish funny and original! 2D fighter platform action all the way! Finally got something like Klona 2 (not in terms of graphics and stuff but you know that I mean!)
                          I REALLY hope this gets a PAL release (can't see why not) to show peeps here what the cube is made of!
                          I got mach speed! OMG!

Was playing till 3am this morning..

Comment

I have been RINSING this game all weekend - it's superb.

For those that dont know - Ukemi is a tech roll. If you take a hit go into SLOW and ZOOM as he hits the floor and he will counter with an instant rising attack. Bombs (Shocking Pink) are WICKED you have to set it up in advance tho (standard effect is dazing enemies), for example you can set a bomb before you start your combo so that it will explode to keep things going on one side while you use Sliding and Red Hot Kick to increase your range in the other direction. They can also be used in place of the bombs left for you for puzzles - you can use one instead of the one on screen to get into Davidson's office for example. Another WICKED touch is the way Joe whistles the Mario theme when you hold a bomb ready

*CLASS!* Viewtiful Joe > Mario!!111 Miyamoto r t3h 0\/\/nNN333|)!111!!

I keep resetting my data as the levels NEVER get boring and I want to increase my grade. Got Viewtiful on stage 1 now and am working to batter stage 2 and Mr Hulk Davidson (he's such a don! )
                            The game's difficulty is spot on - games like this NEED to be difficult and the grading system tight to keep you playing. It's blatantly the best game on the Gamecube 10/10 from me without any doubt.

BTW do you know you can use Mach Speed while in Slow? You run at normal speed while everything else is slow - it's wicked for getting t3h multiplier!

Comment

Thanks for the impressions Saur. Sounds like u have been going full out trying to master it. Great stuff

My post came today? and? still no Joe for me : /

Damn annoying. I ordered from Rising Sun DM and I still haven?t even received a shipment e-mail! Madness!

Hopefully it will come before the end of this week?
                              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

The game is FAR too good to be legal - it's going to be banned alongside GHB, the combos you can pull off are just ILL!

Here's the shop descriptions:

Cheeseburger - life + 1

Shocking Pink - Bomb, stuns enemies - can be used in place of normal bombs on the stage.

Voomerang - Boomerang weapon. Hold down punch to activate, continue holding for more power.

Sliding - Down + kick. Superb move to keep the combo multiplier high.

Air Joe - In the air you have more freedom to chain hits together.

Redhot Kick - Down + kick in the air. A downward slide kick, the angle of which is also sometimes good for collecting objects. Zoom in to activate the Dragon Kick!

Mach Speed 2 / 3 - After buying level 2, level 3 goes on sale. Increases the number of images that split off Joe when in Mach Speed!

Viewtiful Forever - Within auto-dodge (during slow) hit zoom in. Can be already zoomed in when the dodge starts. Nice little bit of invincibility!

Ukemi - Tech roll - reduces damage from knockdown attacks, it's an instant recovery counter attack. You have to use Zoom In as you would a safe fall command in a beat em up. Use Slow at the same time to plan the counter attack.

VFX Turbo Charger - Buy this FIRST! It speeds up the recovery time of the VFX bar - S I C K !

Life - Adds another life mark to your bar.

Take 2 - When you die you get a 2nd take of the scene (all life recovered)

LIV - Life Is Viewtiful! (Extra Life)

Comment

Working...
                                X