No announcement yet.

Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet mother****ing **** this game is bloody awesome. Props to Capcom on this, I am one seriously impressed gamer.

Comment

Yeeheeeee! I got my copy from Goblin this morning...and just to echo everyone's sentiments on here. This game ****ing rocks the clocks!!

Comment

OMG!!!!! This game is pure heaven!!

Never before have I played a game where I dont mind dying to replay the level again(plus the fact I can't kill that chopper). I had my doubts a while back but this is definately THE best game I own on the cube. Let's hope the next 3 capcom games keep to the exceptionally high standard set by Joe

Comment

Hi there,

If you ordered from NCS, and chose UPS delivery (approx $40) then you should have had it yesterday.

IGN have their import review up now.

Comment

Viewtiful Joe is one amazing game. Stringing together combos in slow mo never gets boring and is sooooo much better than any other implementation of 'bullet time' that has come before. The graphics effects are just stupendous.
            It is also rock hard. Maybe because i am playing it on adult setting (or I might just be crap ), but it is quite taxing. Am i the only one who has gotten a cramp in his left hand from holding 'L' too much? The bosses are also really, really cool as well. The designs and voices all work magnificently. I am guessing there will be a review of this up sooner or later, plus I haven't finished the game yet (although i have a sneaking suspicion I might be close), so all I will say is so far...10/10. Not revolutionary as it is an arcade game at its heart, but just pure gaming heaven.
            Oh, btw, to those who are playing this:
            Originally posted by spoiler
            Have any of you guys figured out how to use the Viewtiful Forever powerup or the Ukemi one? I can't understand any of the description text Also, the Viewtiful clone boss is just the shiznit. Best fight i have had so far. Plus, how cool was the side-scrolling shooter section?

Comment

Yeah, my left hand gets cramp playing it as well.

Gonna bring out the Hori Arcade Stick for it though.

Comment

Cheap Joe buy it nows over at eBay. He's shipping from the US I think.

Asked how much the postage charge is to the UK before going for it myself.

Comment

No to either yes Phlebas... on a similar note...

Anyone found a good use for the bombs and boomerangs yet?
                  I'm about halfway through so far... though a little stuck, need more practice... any tips on how to beat
                  The shark boss?
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

In reply to Mayhem...

What I did was basically, punch him in slow mo until he starts the fin spin thing, you shoul dbe able to dodge this in slow mo. Jump away. He should start chasing you around the room chomping. Dodge this with well timed jumps. He will stop and start panting I think. Hammer him some more, then run away again. He will then spit out stuff. Wait till he spits out bombs then run towards one of them and wait for him to charge at you chomping. Dodge then he will swallow one of the bombs. Activate slow mo again then hit him to trigger the bomb. Keep slow on to magnify the bombs explosion. Repeat. Note, he regenerates at the bottom part of the room if he is underwater so watch for periods when his health starts coming back and hammer him in slow mo again. Hope this helps.
                    And as for your first question:
                    I tend to use the boomerangs to continue combos once I hit enemies that have the target symbol on them. They fly around and add a couple Vs with minimum hassle. Plus, it looks nice in slow mo

Comment

Got mine from Gobin this morning too

Gonna go offline in a mo & spend the rest of the day with Joe..

Comment

I cancelled with Goblin.

&?"$&?$ ?"$"?$ "?*$"?$"$ "?*$"(?$*"(! !"?!"?!!! *!*!*!"*"* !"?*!"*?

Comment

Still waiting for my NCSX copy

I had the whole weekend free too! ft:

Comment

I got mine from Goblin this morning also....I have to say I am quite impressed!! I was expecting some time next week at the very earliest.

Nice one Goblin....keep up the good work!

I have been nailing Joe for most of the day and I have to say I am super impressed! It is definitely the most stylish game I have ever played and damn enjoyable to boot!

Viewtiful Joe =

Comment

what are the final control configs? Is there a completely free setting. I can't have slow and speed up buttons on the L & R.

Comment

Beat
                                the Shark without a problem after typing my last msg... I got him to eat bombs and make them explore... did it quite easily there!
                                Now I'm a little stuck on
                                fighting yourself. I can get him down to the last sliver of energy but what specifically do I need to do to beat him? Everything I launch either does no damage (hence the suggestion something specific must be done) or he dodges it...
                                Or and to answer MET's question, there are 3 set button configs, no free setting and slow is always L and speed up is always R...
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X