No announcement yet.

Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treble thanks for your spoilerific quote from your review. I can't imagine how hard hard must be if you unlock it. Anyway I'm going to give this game a fresh go...

My problem is I think becuase I was godly with the demo I feel I should do just as well with the final burn.

Cheers.
    No probs, mate. If you like that, you're gonna luuurve this:

Originally posted by spoiler
    After completion on Adults setting, you unlock V-Rated mode. I think you get one called Ultra V-Rated if you complete this, as well....
    >_<

Comment

I have a question about something you metion in your review how does on replay a previously played level or do I have to get to certain point to do it. Like after I beat the helicopter deal, is it possible to go back and play it again.

Thanks for the other spoiler info too.

Comment

I've be constantly asking that too Mr Che Musashi, so if someone knows please share What i do at the mo is to save each level indivisually in the save slots, there are enough of them for each save point... i think. Furthermore there are two slots, so, if u have two JAP Cards you can save each section on Kids and Adults.
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Fab review guys. Says it all without spoiking it.
          Lets hope the gaming press in general "get it" and don't harp on about save points and the difficulty. If i can make steady progress (beat Davidson first time but i did have a take two) anyone can.

Comment

I have a question about something you metion in your review how does one[?] replay a previously played level or do I have to get to certain point to do it. Like after I beat the helicopter deal, is it possible to go back and play it again.
            First run through, there is no way to replay a section unless you allocate a separate save slot to the save point. I haven't touched the game since completing it (too busy with work and writing the review itself), so I haven't looked to see if this changes in any way after completion. I'll take a look at it and/or ask around though ^^

Comment

I've just manage to complete the game on kids mode last night and have already started level one to try and get some viewtiful ranks. What I don't get is, how am I suppose to get a rainbow veiwtiful rank in the very first section of the first level? Been trying for ages have always done badly on v points. How do I get enough v points if I don't even have slow yet?

Comment

Anyone used the SC2 stick with this? I got it gonna try...NOW!

K

Comment

I've just manage to complete the game on kids mode last night and have already started level one to try and get some viewtiful ranks. What I don't get is, how am I suppose to get a rainbow veiwtiful rank in the very first section of the first level? Been trying for ages have always done badly on v points. How do I get enough v points if I don't even have slow yet?
                  Have you tried just doing it extremely quickly, with no damage? Haven't tested that theory, but it might work....

Comment

To get the rainbow coloured 'V' at the very beginning i dodge all the attacks and make sure my hits flow from one foe to another. I also make sure i dont get hit That seems to work a treat
                    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Just beat
                      Originally posted by spoiler
                      Alastor
                      , who was suprisingly easy. I'm on Kids mode admittedly, but I still ended up with just under half my lives and a score of V, D, V. I found his earlier incarnation in the sub much harder, not to mention Davidson.

I think maybe the 360 kick move is too powerful. I always over-use it and get Bs, As or Vs, and I practically take down all the swords or rockets fired at me with that move, plus it is very easy to kill lots of people with continued 360s.

I am having some trouble with chaining my attacks. I can dizzy one dude, kick him to target the rest, but my VFX meter always runs out and I lose my targets and combos. How can I keep the combo alive? I heard that you have to keep tapping or dodging to do it, but it never really works.

Comment

Buy a better Mach speed, use it at the same time as Slow (it doesn't drain your bar any faster), so that you have both L and R held down, and make sure you pick up the bottles that regenerate your VFX bar.

Comment

someone please PM me and put me out of my misery..I've just beaten Cpn Blue the second time to get mach speed and progress is stopped by a huge barell. Been punhing and kicking it, running on it etc for ages..

Comment

If memory serves me correctly you need to slow uppercut punch it and then run under it using mach speed

Comment

cheers Mike

Comment

I was late for work this morning because of Joe - completely lost track of time; when I finally looked at the clock

Comment

Working...
                                X