No announcement yet.

Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course if anybody has it, they wouldn't be here...they'd be playing it...

Props to PeteJ for the keen IGN link showing Capcom's mastery of Cube hardware...

Comment

Damn. People have it and i don't : /

Here's the first Gamefaqs review. It is actually quite good which is a shock... Also those dying for impressions shall find some now.

tata
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

The first few reviews on gamefaqs are usually good! Look at the PN03 reviews for instance.

I do have to wonder how someone has reviewed VJ so quick though..

There are some impressions from people who have the game on the board too...

Comment

I know a couple of online HK places (gamechoice/playasia) have had Viewtiful Joe since Monday. Factor in the usual time for EMS/UPS to deliver, which is usually 3-4 days, then it is quite conceivable people could receive their copies by now.

Im hoping mine comes through either Friday/Saturday.

Comment

I wasnt questioning how people had the game, more how the game had been analysed and a review written so quick .

In any case, I am expecting my copy any day now...

Comment

Ok, now this is getting really ****ing agonising - the wait is excruciating

I wish I hadn't sold my demo

Comment

I know what you mean.... i got an e-mail from Risingsun at the beginning of the week stressing there was a slight problem with my address (somehow my home address did not match the Card Statement) but then I replied back saying that my Postcode had been changed. Then they replied saying not to worry and that things should be fine. Tis strange really as I Ordered SC2 from them with no probs at all...

Anyhoo... they also said that it was "looking to ship early" yet I still haven't heard anything from them : /

I replied again today asking if there were any problems... and now I wait... I absolutely hate waiting (yet somehow... rather strangely...also love the wait for a new game) heh

Kind regards
                Adam

Comment

You could be waiting until October...or even later
                  I don't think another week will hurt.

I'm clearly lieing, but I need to do something to help pass the time. I've changed my order from Goblin to Tokuda, so hopefully I'll get it even sooner

Comment

My copy got shipped on tuesday. (Play-Asia) Unregistered airmail though, so I wouldn't expect it until next week. But from time to time I've been really lucky and airmail got delivered faster than EMS! I hope this is the case with VJ, too.

Comment

I've got my order with Tok as well PeteJ.

Any idea when you'll be sending them Tok?

I've just read the review on gamefaqs - I liked this comment:-

Perhaps one of the greatest elements of the game is its humor, something that is present everywhere and influences everything. For example, when you first turn on the game the Capcom logo will fall apart and Viewtiful Joe will “intelligently” fix it. When choosing which difficulty to play the game on, players will notice the hard mode is called “Adult”, complete with the design and flashing neon readily associated with “naughty” clubs and bars. But that’s hardly where the fun ends; when the Joe dies, for example, out of nowhere a director will shout “CUT!” and when the player presses pause, the game the director shouts “Take 5!”. This is only the tip of the ice berg however; its as if the crazy minds at Capcom took every single episode of ‘Ren and Stimpy’, put them into a blender and pureed it, and then added some extra weirdness to top this magnificent mix off.
                      Ren and Stimpy esqu! JOY!

Really looking forward to this now...

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ

That truly would be mental torture...

Comment

I've just read some early impressions; it sounds so superb I can't really believe I'll be playing it soon.

Apparently the final game is far harder than the demo was (yay!) and I was correct in stating that Mach Speed wasn't fully implimented in the demo.

The story is fully in English, with JP subs, but there is some JP text in the menus.

I've yet to read even a single negative comment about the final game, which is bloody incredible these days.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel

Last time I heard, the PAL release was stated for October.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                              Originally posted by charlie angel

Last time I heard, the PAL release was stated for October.
                              Eeeesh!

That is a savage length of time.

Comment

VJ is on its way to Risingsun now.... so hopefully i should have it by Monday. If not..... *fants*

I know i shouldn't be bothered due to a few days as i am actually getting it months before the PAL release... but PAH! to that This is the exact reason i import and by-golly i want my games asap

But still... you gotta love this feeling of anticipation. (well, i do anyhow)

Comment

Working...
                                X