Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockstar Presents Table Tennis

What a game.

I never doubted it would be ? For me tennis games have become too pedestrian and this game validates that belief entirely. Fast, reflex led gaming at its best.

It?s a rockstar title so it goes without saying the presentation & attention to detail are superb. Anybody thinking the low price implies anything sub-standard is in for a big shock/surprise.

Graphically it?s very, very nice ? Just spectating a match is fun due to the excellent camera angles used, the way players clothes hang off them is the finest example I?ve ever seen, the ball physics are to die for. The only thing I?d say although I don?t think it detracts but rather adds ot the game is that sometimes it can be hard to pick out the trail colour on the ball (specifically green/yellow) but this is very much nit-picking.

The audio is also superb ? After your rally gets to about 15 music kicks in which must sound like it would get annoying but so far hasn?t and rather adds to the atmosphere. As a player gets close to winning the crowd will begin chanting their name ? it?s very, very well done.

I?m going to keep this short in keeping with the game ? For the single players there?s not too much in here but if you?ve got live you are in for an absolute treat ? whilst there were a couple of lag problems they were very few & far between and the timed tournament for 8 players is absolutely genius stuff. 8 of you start in the lobby and it pairs you all off so you all play simultaneously for a set period of time after which the players are all swapped around till everybody has played everybody round robin style. It?s like speed dating with ping pong

This game is a must buy. I?ll put a stake in the ground and say I think this is going to become the 360?s biggest seller to date and for a while to come.

40mm fools 8)

Yeah I've got this ordered. Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Comment

will be playing this today when i go into work does it play like vt like most people are saying ?

Comment

Yeah kind of - It's like Top Spin / VT at 100 miles per hour It's ****ing fantastic - better than both those games IMO. Some might argue it lacks depth but that's bull****.

Comment

Gonna have to get this and hope it's region free! I'll have to "rent it" from Game, just in case it's not

Comment

My US copy one dosent work on my pals uk machine, so im assuming its not region free, but could be different for Pal release i suppose.

Comment

Woo.. Postie just delivered it. I wont be on Live til tonight though at 10ish. So it'll give you lot time to prepare.

Comment

Will be on tomorrow night and over the b\holiday weekend!

I love the game of ping pong (under rated - it's one of the fastest games around!), this sounds almost perfect

What does it offer single player wise?

Comment

Single player wise you have a pretty good training game (achievement for aceing it) and some (about 5) tournaments from regional to national kind of thing - That's about it you really need to be on live.

Gotta say we played some 8 player timed tournaments with some American guys last night and the atmosphere/camaraderie was absolutely outstanding - best I've ever experienced on live. Like I said it really is like speed dating with ping pong.

As a 360 exclusive I'd say it's almost a killer app.

Also meant to say in the review the decision to "make up" the characters has proved to be genius - the amount of character in each (personality/attitude) is beautifully put across - the voices in particular are amazing.

Comment

Thanks for the views on it. Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow!

Edit: IGN have their review here: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/709/709654p1.html

Comment

Gamespys also have a review up to.

Would be great if the most unlikeliest game becomes the game to sell the x360

Comment

Really glad I pre-ordered this now. The more I hear about this the better it sounds .

Yoshimax - is this any good in 2 player mode (off-line)? Does the slow-mo stuff etc. disrupt the pace or make it disorientating at all? Cheers!

Comment

No - the slowmo stuff etc is so well done it actually ADDS to the game - When you just catch the corner of the table with the ball and it pings off or just scuffs the net and drops it's the sweetest thing - as I said earlier the physics are to die for.

Played my GF offline yesterday and it was wicked, wicked stuff - Online you always play at the bottom of the table which is good but it's nothing offputting at all.

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

How do you control it? Spin with analog stick? Give me a mini lowdown

Comment

Working...
                              X