No announcement yet.

Rockstar Presents Table Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea of a 360 sickens me to the stomach and I had always sworn I would never get one. But this game sounds like the tits, and I feel myself wanting it. Badly.

Comment

I vowed i'd never get this game, but lo-and-behold, 5 minutes after its official release, I bought a copy ?_?.

Now to sit through the whole day at work waiting for hometime!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet
        Good Fun this game, unfortunately my Evil Boris internet connection is pish so online is difficult. I played through some of the single player tourneys, bloody hell playing against that Swede in the last game of the amateur circuit he's brick, unlocked a couple of players and a couple of stadiums.

Only Pro and All-Star left should be impossible...
        Drop shots seem to be a weakness for him...and powerful balls straight at his body. He's such as smarmy bastard though!

Comment

Finally got it... First thing is it asks me to Update! Any ideas what the update was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth C
            Drop shots seem to be a weakness for him...and powerful balls straight at his body. He's such as smarmy bastard though!
            The best thing todo is just keep using back spin, he cant do **** against it

he just cant control the spin and keeps hitting it out or playing the same shot back. After him beating me in straight sets 3 times (undefeated until then) i figured it out, he's way to powerful to play properly against him.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77
              Finally got it... First thing is it asks me to Update! Any ideas what the update was for?
              ****ing ace - hopefully they've sorted the problem with the timed tournaments locking up halfway through.

Comment

Wow this is really addictive. I get really worked up by a bad shot or a good rally. It does remind me very much of Virtua Tennis but sped up. When you both have focus it gets a bit manic

Comment

Just beaten the tourney on Easy mode but I'm getting my ass handed to me online!

Comment

Anyone else feel extremely smug when they manage to whack the ball off the side of the table?

I think the rumble feature is used brilliantly in this game. For those who haven't played it yet - it gives you feedback to let you know if your shots going to go off the table, so you can judge where abouts its going to land based on the amount of rumble. If you get it spot on you can sometimes get the ball on the SIDE of the table making it nigh on impossible to return! Who needs rumble eh Sony...

Comment

Oh and I think the music soundtrack came off the same CD as Uno's! Fabbo!

Comment

Glad everybody is enjoying it - Was worried maybe I'd oversold it but having put more time in last night with my buddies who'd played it the night before too some of the rallies & situations were amazing - once you're both stood back from the table battering the **** out the ball only for you to do a nice wee slicey drop shot to the side and catch him well off guard

Genius - real genius. Compare this to TopSpin2 at ?49.99 and tell me it's not the best deal yet.

Next I'd like to see Codies release the new Sensible and MicroMachines on 360 at this kind of price.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy
                          Ping Pong Poonuni!
                          Sounds like an unlockable mini-game

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                            Next I'd like to see Codies release the new Sensible and MicroMachines on 360 at this kind of price.
                            Amen to that. I think there's definitely a market for both lower priced games and your overpriced £50 ones.

Anyway back on topic - what players are you guys using? I've just been using Liu Ping..

Comment

Luc - arrogant cocky frenchman FTW.

Everybody seems to go Lui Ping - I think they're overestimating him

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
                                Also I've had one tournament freeze on me in-game. I could speak to the other player but our players were stuck in time... on 3-3. We called it a draw, reset the game and had another bash at it...
                                I had that, but I was losing 7-0 at the time (my first online match - what can I say?) so I was terrified that it was going to look like I was quitting because I was losing. I just waited for him to quit first and thankfully he didn't leave any negative feedback, but now my rank shows one DNF

Funnily enough I didn't have a problem against the Swedish guy in the easy tournament. The one who drove me nuts was Solayman, the Egyptian. He was an absolute machine until I managed to find an apparent weakness -

he's really bad at returning short shots and almost always hits them out

Comment

Working...
                                X