Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on level 7-3 with all golds behind but some i thought were quite difficult

trying to get the non stop bonus now is getting fairly difficult, but with some levels if you do it quick enough and get the golden mario in last for a whopping bonus you already have the gold before it calculates the non stop bonus

Level 7 is spooky

Comment

Completed it now. There's some nice boss action once you've done all the levels, I won't spoil it but it's better than the bust a move type routine you normally get to fight DK with. More retro.

Oh yeah, you will be rewarded for the golds, I have quite a lot now on the early levels. On the whole I found level 7 very easy and got golds on most first time. Level 8 is a bitch!

Comment

level 8 = jungle time

Comment

finished it last night and the 2

Basement levels

, but i've still got to unlock something else and i reckon thats all golds on every level as the amount of silver and golds you get unlocks the

basement levels

and i need golds on the last 3 DK battles but i reckon thats going to be hard - so 3 golds to go

i thought level 8 was harder than 9 to be honest

the final battle plus the 2 basement levels are all updates of previous game and watch games, but in my opinion they are not that good, Mario seems to come out when he wants and he always goes the wrong way so you ahve to baby sit him up the screen until Mario throws him at DK

But the levels in this game make it very good and some are ingenious especially trying to go for the non stop bonus which includes getting the gold mario in the door last for teh uber! bonus

Comment

Just got this and I'm really enjoying it so far. Only up to world 3 but it looks like some of the later levels could be absolute manic. I think the thing that clinched the purchase for me was the level editor. So far so good on that front, it's very easy to use and although I've only 2 templates, the possibilities for some terrific user created levels are huge. Good to see 2 new levels from Nintendo themselves as well.

Added you AllYourBase, dying to see some of your fiendish levels.

I'm 0559 1437 4502

Need to play the actual game a bit more and get a better feel for what makes a good level before hitting the editor seriously.

Comment

Hehe glad your on board now Earl, I've created a few levels but as there was no one to play them and give me feedback I haven't really homed them to perfection. Check them out and tell me what you think!

I added you to my friend's list btw. For anyone else my code is:

3995 1131 4652 (Dazza)

Comment

Originally posted by Earl
                Just got this and I'm really enjoying it so far. Only up to world 3 but it looks like some of the later levels could be absolute manic. I think the thing that clinched the purchase for me was the level editor. So far so good on that front, it's very easy to use and although I've only 2 templates, the possibilities for some terrific user created levels are huge. Good to see 2 new levels from Nintendo themselves as well.

Added you AllYourBase, dying to see some of your fiendish levels.

I'm 0559 1437 4502

Need to play the actual game a bit more and get a better feel for what makes a good level before hitting the editor seriously.
                The more you complete of the main game the more you unlock for the level editor.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
                  Check them out and tell me what you think!
                  Just had a look at 2 of them, Fiendish and Pipes. Love the little push start the monkey gives you in Pipes, gets the level off to a flying start and gives a more urgent feel to the level if you want to get the big points. Handled very nicely.

Fiendish is a bit trickier, first time I played it I killed both my guys. Jumps near the pink things seem to be my downfall, I always manage to collect the pink block instead of making my little guys jump.

Threw up one of mine for you to have a look at. Can't wait to unlock more kits, like the way the unlocking is handled in the game.

Comment

I can't download yours Earl, after you created it did you synchonise? It just says you haven't stored any levels for download

hehe I will work on improving some of my stages, dont worry trying the others, they really are awful!!

Comment

Yeah, I guessed as much reading the names.
                      Just fixed the level, I wasn't sure it uploaded last time because it kind of hung. Should be fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl
                        Yeah, I guessed as much reading the names.
                        Just fixed the level, I wasn't sure it uploaded last time because it kind of hung. Should be fine now.
                        Try my new level called 'Princess' - it's simple but a bit cheeky. See if you can get the coins and do a non-stop to get the gold rating. I scored 29830.

I liked your level 'dry run' - the 2 marios had to take different routes which had the dependancies on the switch blocks and getting the lift up in time. Very clever. I got a gold on my 2nd go however, 23360 points. I really enjoyed it. Keep it up!

Last edited by AllYourBase; 08-10-2006, 20:47.

Comment

Hmm, going to have to throw in a few more tricks to keep you getting gold too soon.
                          Really liked Princess, had no idea that you could go up walls etc.. Had quite a few tries and was robbed for a gold. The coins are very tempting and a great addition, amazing the way simple little additions like that can add so much to a level. Keep em coming.

Comment

Haha thought you'd like the moving flame guarding the coins! I really like that baddy who throws the marios in his sack! flower power to the rescue!!

Comment

Just threw up 3 other levels for you to try out. T-Bone, Company and TwoTwomp. Hopefully you won't fly through them so perfectly this time.

Comment

haha you've been busy! I'll check em out tonight. Tell me your scores and I will try to beat you!

Comment

Working...
                                X