No announcement yet.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ashamed but I can manage gold on one of my owns levels. I've played it for the past 45 minutes and it's just the little things that are catching me.

TwoTwomp - 22410
    T-Bone - 24680
    Company - 22420 (Silver)

Comment

I Really need to go wifi with my ds

Comment

Originally posted by Earl
        I'm ashamed but I can manage gold on one of my owns levels. I've played it for the past 45 minutes and it's just the little things that are catching me.

TwoTwomp - 22410
        T-Bone - 24680
        Company - 22420 (Silver)
        Haha, I got gold on all of them. Here's my opinions:

TwoTwomp - 22410 (Gold)
        Did this on the 2nd go. The 2nd twomp caught me out as I was going for non-stop, a bit cheap!! Bit easy this one.

T-bone - 23760 (Gold)
        This took me til a 3rd go, I couldn't get the 2 coins on the left. It was tricky juggling the pink blocks, the way I did it was to get the left-hand mario across to the right and box off the fireflowers! Sneaky!

Company - 28490 (Gold)
        This has to be your most fiendish level, it took me about 6 attempts to get the elusive gold. Again I like the juggling around of the pink blocks to get all the marios home to safefy, clever! If you get a mario in a up or down pipe he will wait patently when he pops out so that way I didn't lose the all important non-stop. I kept getting silver until I remembered to kill all the pink blocks before exiting to get a time multiplier bonus!! The top-right fireflower spring jump is a sneaky bitch!

You are quite the master of construction mode. I like your style.

I'll try and create a new level myself tonight to test your wits! hehe

Yeah Buster you do need to get wifi, don't boast about getting gold on all the Nintendo levels, you have to do the ntsc-uk l33t levels to have the ultimate boast!
        Last edited by AllYourBase; 09-10-2006, 17:30.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
          Yeah Buster you do need to get wifi, don't boast about getting gold on all the Nintendo levels, you have to do the ntsc-uk l33t levels to have the ultimate boast!
          that sounds like i cant get gold on nintendo levels loser talk

maybe i will be near a hot spot when i move into my new house in March

Comment

Glad you enjoyed them. Surprised T-Bone gave you a tiny bit of trouble, it seemed by far the most simplistic one. Although in fairness, I have planned out exactly how to do the level before I even try it once.

I think I'm most proud of Company so far, and now I can go back and get gold in it. I'd no idea you got bonus points for killing the pink blocks. Should help me no end in the main game as well.

Thanks for the feedback, really does help in making the levels. Must make them harder though, I want you loosing hair.

Can't wait to see some new stuff from you as well. It's amazing the way you can see we both have very different and distinct styles when making levels. I think the first one to make the other guy cry, wins.

Have you ever tried just buying a cheap USB dongle Broon? I'm using one I bought in Argos for 20euro, dead cheap and works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
              that sounds like i cant get gold on nintendo levels loser talk

maybe i will be near a hot spot when i move into my new house in March
              haha I have got golds on most of them now. I wasn't using the non-stop technique properly during my 1st run!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl

Thanks for the feedback, really does help in making the levels. Must make them harder though, I want you loosing hair.
                My self-esteem couldn't cope with losing any more hair!

I have a sneaky level planned to show you soon. (that is if the missus ever gets off solitaire on 42 all time classics!!) Watch this space! It will use BOMBS!! but I bet you haven't seen these yet??
                Last edited by AllYourBase; 09-10-2006, 18:01.

Comment

Yet another game you bastards have got me ordering...

...and yet another game I probably won't get to play til she's bored of it!

Comment

Hmm, haven't seen any bombs yet. Intriguing. Best of luck trying to kick the missus off 42 All-Time Classics, somehow I think your efforts will be in vain

Comment

Ahh I'm not ordering that til I've played this and Cooking Mama some (both are in the post) because I know it has Solitaire on it, and I know I'll NEVER see my DS again after she knows that exists...I may get it for Crimbo for her actually, that gives me nearly 3 months.

Comment

Right the new level is ready now. Bungle is the name, it involves bombs, strategic timing and some gymnastics!! If you get the coins you may get a 28850 (Gold) like I did - or better!!

42 all time classics is great fun! The missus made a bee-line for my DS when she got in and once she learnt how to remove the mario vs dk cart and turn the DS back on she was away!!!
                        Last edited by AllYourBase; 09-10-2006, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
                          Yet another game you bastards have got me ordering...

...and yet another game I probably won't get to play til she's bored of it!
                          does anybody actually look at the selling threads here anymore

rant over

rightyho if i take my ds online what will i need, just a wifi dongle?

making up a level as i type
                          Last edited by buster_broon; 09-10-2006, 20:15.

Comment

All you should need is the official DS wifi dongle which is around ?25, or the cheaper Datel wifi max. I think I'd prefer the official one myself.

We've had it when Buster comes online! He'll create some sick levels I bet!!

I've put a another new level up just now called Bouncer - I scored 23390 (Gold) on this, it's not stupidly hard. Give it a go and see how you get on!
                            Last edited by AllYourBase; 09-10-2006, 22:05.

Comment

Excellent stuff, exhausted now after a great footie match earlier. I'll get them in the morning and let you know how much they kick my ass.

Comment

on about stage 6, not too hard to get silvers so far but golds on some levels look pretty difficult.

do you get anything for collecting all the cards?

Originally posted by Paulos G
                                Not sure how it differs from the GB version but the Japanese version of the GBA one can be had from Play Asia for ?7.99 plus p & p.
                                thanks i ordered this - suppose i will see if it's any different

Comment

Working...
                                X