Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splinter Cell Double Agent (Multiplayer demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO there isnt co-op then? After last week we thought it was cleared up as being real co-op missions!

I was expecting something like SC:CT with the 4 co-op maps and maybe more to download later but nothing at all is just a poor show. Still downloading the demo, give it a try anyway but I dont see this being bought at all now.

Comment

Well, going by The 1up Show it isn't proper coop like SC CT going through missions, just a spin on the other multiplayer modes. They mention you work together to achieve goals (hacking terminals), but are still against each other in terms of score. Apparently very fun, but the term coop is misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
        Well, going by The 1up Show it isn't proper coop like SC CT going through missions, just a spin on the other multiplayer modes. They mention you work together to achieve goals (hacking terminals), but are still against each other in terms of score. Apparently very fun, but the term coop is misleading.
        Plenty of good games on the horizon, but if R6 Vegas has "Proper" coop then that is the game I will choose first, and I can take splinter cell when the price drops.

If this is true (From 1up) I feel a bit let down really. I love my GRAW coop and the prospective of sneaky coop missions with mates against the AI was welcome.

Still, the SP may be good, (as long as it's nice and stealthy) and we have GOW and R6Vegas to play together.

Also I must say, that millions of people love team deathmatch, (Or sneakmatch) so I am sure the game will be well recieved, it's just not my idea of fun.

The demo for me has been 3 people running off in different directions with no cooperative play at all. It could be on private servers this changes, with people working together on each target.

We will see.

Thumbs down for the misleading game type though! ft:

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
          If this it true then that is really disappoiting... the co-op element of Chaos Theory was ground breaking and why they would remove such a fantastic part of the game I dont know. Hopes are still high for the game though, but a few more sledge hammers like this and may get totally ignored by me.

Comment

The co-op as-was was always limited though - The levels/gamestyle don't hold up well to repeatedly playing the same missions over & over which is what (old) co-op effectively boiled down to (fun as it was).

Time will tell but I think they've done the right thing - leave the larger co-op style play to GRAW and R6 which make a much better home for that style,.

Comment

Is any one else extremely worried about the amount of screen tearing apparent in the 1up footage? I'm hoping its just the encode of the footage, but given the amount of 360 titles to have tearing so far, I'm concerned.

Comment

I believe the 'current gen' versions of Double Agent has proper co-op. Not sure what reason there could be for not having it on the 360. What this means for the Wii version I don't know considering it's probably based on the Xbox/PS2 version of the game?

Comment

I finally got a decent look at the game, it is proper silky, not a jaggie in sight.
                  I was impressed, that little machine folding out at the start looked amazing.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what the singleplayer has to offer as the previous games have always been like a technology showcase.

Comment

After the MP demo, SP all the way. I've always enjoyed SC's SP campaign.

Comment

Since Live has gone back up I've not had a single problem joining a game.

Don't know if it's just me.

Comment

Working...
                      X