No announcement yet.

Xploder PS2 HDTV Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooops, just read in the other thread that you no longer own the 26LX2R.

Enjoy your new TV

Comment

Finally managed to locate one of these today. What an absolute waste of money! Tried it on every setting with numerous PAL games; Kingdom Hearts, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, Final Fantasy X & X-2, Musashi Samurai Legend and a few NTSC ones too; Okami, Kingddom Hearts 2, Atelier Iris, Gradius V, Final Fantasy XII and only Genji worked...not impressed.

This will be going back tomorrow.

Comment

I bought one earlier...wish I hadn't. Not because it works poorly, but because it doesn't work at all

It just says "Please Insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 disc" when I put it in my console ft: This is on a PAL unmodded PSTwo that has never given me a single problem, crash, glitch, or error in the 18 months that I've had it. I'm sending this back tomorrow! Anyone think it's a very unlikely problematic disc, and that a replacement might work? Or should I just count my losses and get my money back?

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
          I bought one earlier...wish I hadn't. Not because it works poorly, but because it doesn't work at all

It just says "Please Insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 disc" when I put it in my console ft: This is on a PAL unmodded PSTwo that has never given me a single problem, crash, glitch, or error in the 18 months that I've had it. I'm sending this back tomorrow! Anyone think it's a very unlikely problematic disc, and that a replacement might work? Or should I just count my losses and get my money back?
          alot of people seem to be getting that. including bignige who i sold one to that works perfectly well on my modded pal pstwo. he was trying to get in touch with blaze, maybe he can update this thread with his response.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X
            alot of people seem to be getting that. including bignige who i sold one to that works perfectly well on my modded pal pstwo. he was trying to get in touch with blaze, maybe he can update this thread with his response.
            Zero, my inbox was full, so I couldn't read your last pm to me. I just got an email saying you'd tried to get intouch & to empty my inbox.
            I called xploder (as you rightly pointed out, emailing them, dosen't get you a reply), and had a call back from Steve Welch. He was very helpful & said it was probably a duff disc - my Slim PS2 is only 5 months old & not really used. I had to send my disc back (recorded) and upon delivery a new one will be sent out to me. I'll update when I get it back. I did read the dye used on the discs is too dark, and hard for some PS2's to read.

Comment

Thanks for your reply

I'll think about it but I might just give up and return it for store credit. I'm not sending it off for a replacement (at my expense, I assume) and waiting for another copy to arrive

Comment

I got a replacement today...same problems ft:

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                  I got a replacement today...same problems ft:
                  My replacement came today, and like you, I have the same problem. Blaze even sent me a lens cleaner as a gesture of goodwill! I can't fault their customer services, but the product just won't work on my PS2! Any suggestions? I know it's not my PS2 (only 6 months old) but am thinking of getting it replaced as it's in warranty, how's Sony with stuff like this?

Comment

Originally posted by bignige
                    My replacement came today, and like you, I have the same problem. Blaze even sent me a lens cleaner as a gesture of goodwill! I can't fault their customer services, but the product just won't work on my PS2! Any suggestions? I know it's not my PS2 (only 6 months old) but am thinking of getting it replaced as it's in warranty, how's Sony with stuff like this?
                    Don't mention what product doesn't work,as all the blaze/datel stuff doesn't go anywhere near Sony and is PURE EVIL in their book.

Comment

Originally posted by bignige
                      I don't think anything is faulty. Something just doesn't work properly (and hasn't been tested) with something else. I don't think Sony would do anything as your PS2 is probably fine, and works without any problems

Comment

Can anyone comment on whether or not the NTSC version works well enough with the Matrix infinity chip? I'm currently in the process of buying one off the sales forum and could do with an opinion or 2. cheers.

Comment

Sorry to drag this back up, but was the overall output that it was crap? I have a lot of PS2 games I want to play but only have a 37" Samsung HDTV to play them on and im looking for the best way to make them look at least half decent.

Also does anyone know if it works with Swap magic at all?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X