Final Fantasy III DS US Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoStuey
    My only qualm with the game would be that the last 6 hours play today involved having no save points
    Is there no quick save style option at all? I don't know if I want to start this if I'm gonna have to free up 6 hours to finish it.

Comment

Yes you can quicksave to suspend play, but you will only be able to resume from the last savepoint from the worldmap if your party is defeated in the last part of the game. I had an anxious moment when the party went down to two survivors during a battle both with very low health.

Also, having finished the game it appears that the save point created after the ending puts you back at the start of this final quest.

I've decided that I'll go back to the game at some point in the future and try out some of the other job types.

Mognet didn't seem to add anything to the game, I was hoping some side quests might get mailed to me by the NPC's but all I got was a solitary reply from each one I wrote to.

Comment

Is the button control good? Are there any points where I will actually HAVE to use the stylus or can I stick to Dpad?

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey
          Yes you can quicksave to suspend play, but you will only be able to resume from the last savepoint from the worldmap if your party is defeated in the last part of the game. I had an anxious moment when the party went down to two survivors during a battle both with very low health.

Also, having finished the game it appears that the save point created after the ending puts you back at the start of this final quest.

I've decided that I'll go back to the game at some point in the future and try out some of the other job types.

Mognet didn't seem to add anything to the game, I was hoping some side quests might get mailed to me by the NPC's but all I got was a solitary reply from each one I wrote to.
          Since you've beaten the game, I would recommend checking out the cheats section on the game over at gamefaqs...

Comment

Originally posted by jethro jazz
            Is the button control good? Are there any points where I will actually HAVE to use the stylus or can I stick to Dpad?
            i havent used the stylus at all.
            button control is the same as any final fantasy. there doesnt seem to be any parts where stylus use is jammed in just for the sake of it.

Comment

Excellent, someone mentions zooming the camera to find items or something, was worried i was gonna have to use it.

Comment

It's a bit sluggish with the stylus IMO. It's ok in the boozer if you got a ciggy in one hand, but the regular controls smash it all day long. I've just got past the "intro" part of the game myself. I'm enjoying this hugely. I recommend it to anyone.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

definately putting this on my christmas list.

Comment

wow, cant beleive how difficult it suddenly gets at the end.
                    i thought i was leveling up loads more than i should be, as i nothing possed any threat to me at all.
                    but after battling through the final tower and coming up against a line of bosses, one of them finally killed me.
                    no where to save, and an hour and a half wasted.

Comment

Been playing this more than XII at the moment! Quite enjoying it too. Not really experimenting with jobs too much. Stuck with the classic white mage, black mage, red mage and warrior for ages. Then to my shock there had been new jobs opened up (no announcement tho) and i tried being a knight for a bit, but at the levels my guys were at his low level white magic wasn't much good. Changed him to a Viking as soon as there was equipment available and I'm sure he will be a combat monster as soon as his job level goes up enough number to give him a decent combo on attacking. After all that switching my red mage hits harder, doh!

Comment

That's the thing though, you can't really experiment with the jobs since they are all useless when you start and if you use them too long you will miss the job levels to be effective.

The comments about the final part of the game scare me, I just know if I die and have to restart an hour of play I'll never play the game again.

Comment

Ive jus been following what fuddle (the guy with the beautiful avatar ) recomended and been leveling up my job status for the characters. But the thing i wanna know how high a level should i be at in the job levels stake before my characters show any sign of improvment cos they constantly seem weak in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                            Ive jus been following what fuddle (the guy with the beautiful avatar ) recomended and been leveling up my job status for the characters. But the thing i wanna know how high a level should i be at in the job levels stake before my characters show any sign of improvment cos they constantly seem weak in my eyes.

Is the top job level 99 then?

Comment

It takes time, my warrior was completely crap for a while but once I got a better weapon and the job level started to rise he started doing more damage. Now he's by far the most powerful character I have (at job lvl 60 with a blood sword).

Comment

bloody hell level 60 job status?!?!?! Tha'll take like forever! FFS........... looks like im in for a busy, and labourous weekend then............. sigh................

So far im at level 20 tops with my job status! I was hoping to see some improvement by like 30 at the most but 60!!!! Grrr........

Comment

Working...
                                X