• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concept
    Originally posted by JRMacumber
    Originally posted by Olympichero
    Ok I dont like Star Wars...
    I'm sorry. After reading that, I couldn't go on...

I thought you mentioned in a couple of other threads a little while back that we shouldn't discriminate or dismiss people based on taste?
    There are exceptions to every rule, and not liking Star Wars is one of them. Standards, man! Standards!

Comment

Thanks for the impressions Ish

I usually recieve orders from dvdboxoffice in 7/8 days, so thats next friday or sat

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
        Should just about give me time to review PotC.
        Can't for the life of me think what that stands for, now I've got "Planet of the Chimps" stuck in my head

Originally posted by Ish
        the d20 rule system seems to have been adapted really well to the Star Wars universe
        I was under the impression it's based on the Star Wars pen n paper rpg, isn't it?

I'm still hating all you chipped/NTSC xbox owners over this one ft:

Comment

Can't for the life of me think what that stands for, now I've got "Planet of the Chimps" stuck in my head

So have I now!

Comment

.....to try and get it out your head, he means Pirates Of The Carribean

Comment

Though Planet Of The Chimps would score higher.

Developers eh? Pfft, they never get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by evilmatt
                I'm still hating all you chipped/NTSC xbox owners over this one ft:
                Trust me, it is much worse when you have a chipped console and are gong away on holiday a few days after the game will arrive.

I'm gonne get the game soon, then pretty much go away for two weeks straight after! It's going to be hell. I'm gonna be sitting on a beach dreaming about this game - I can tell!

---

I'm really excited about all the upgrades you can make to your character and party etc... It will be really interesting to see what characters people will take with them on missions.

Me? If I go dark side I'm going to take one red light saber and do it all alone. If I go good, then I'm takin' a few friends with doible blue and green sabers...

It's gonna kick ass!

Comment

Money sent to mate in Maryland.

Waiting patiently

Comment

Money sent to mate in Maryland.
                    I doubt they sell it in gay clubs, mate.

Comment

More feedback after playing this steadily all day (its good enough that I forgot to eat!). I believe what I said earlier stands up even after more extensive play. I have come across a couple of 'glitches' though:

Characters jumping around once or twice (graphical glitches really)
                      Characters running off to battle mid-conversation when they see an enemy (they don't seem to be able to inflict or take damage while the conversation is going on though)
                      And a logically inconsistent puzzle (this annoyed me most as it meant I spent 20 minutes wasting my time...)

In typical Bioware style some of the conversations that occur between the characters in your party and very funny.

And I'm finding it harder to be dark than I thought. Not due to lack of oppurtunity but because I'm finding it hard to be mean to NPCs. Which is probably a sign of a good script and game thats really sucked me in!!!

Comment

Just out of interest, is there as much freedom to just wander about wherever you want at your will, as there is in Baldur's Gate and its ilk?

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                          And I'm finding it harder to be dark than I thought. Not due to lack of oppurtunity but because I'm finding it hard to be mean to NPCs. Which is probably a sign of a good script and game thats really sucked me in!!!
                          Hehe, yeah, I've read this on quite a few forums discussing the game, people who resolved that they would play through making entirely 'dark' choices are finding it really difficult to do so. I believe someone said that making all the bad and cruel choices in conversations made him sound too much like a bigoted moron for it to be comfortable.

So you haven't suffered any 'freezes' or 'bad disc' errors? There have been quite a few complaints of this but, by the same token, there have been just as many people stating no problems whatsoever - prob just the sometimes shaky first-run of discs to blame ( as was aptly demonstrated with the first batch of Rogue Squadron for the GC ).

Comment

Yeah its that feeling of being a 'bigoted' character alright. That and guilt... I'm beginning to feel really sorry for poor old Darth Vader. It must have been hard for that chap to sleep at night. No wonder he had to sleep in that big ball thing!

More seriously the fact that we've got a 'licenced' game with a strong enough narrative and characterisation that this becomes an issue is an encouraging sign (I didn't want to lop off one womans head 'cos I felt sorry for her!!). BioWare and Black Isle's narratives have got stronger with each release and its great to see that trend continue. The Ultima games also had strong narratives that made you 'reflect' on things. But I suspect these games (even the mighty Baldur's Gate) have had a limited audience - certainly compared to the potential sales that a Star Wars game could rack up.

I've had no 'bad disc' problems at all. The only problem I had was that 'save' glitch. But it was a one off.

Freedom to move wise - yeah you can pretty much go where you want when you want. There's tonnes of sub quests just like Baldur's Gate too.

To be honest if you were to take Baldur's Gate, slap a nifty 3d engine on the top, and Star Wars it up thats largely what you've got. Which is no bad thing in my book!

Its excellent stuff. In fact so excellent that I still haven't eaten. Whoops. I've just stopped to order a pizza!

Its really fast paced and hours and hours pass without you even realising it. Bye bye weekend .

Comment

I have read nothing but praise for this game. IGN's review was superb in emphasising the quality of the game, it does sound like a Halo beater. I am wetting myself in anticipation

Comment

The people who have this - you dont understand how jealous I am

Comment

Working...
                                X