No announcement yet.

StarWars KOTOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st gen Xbox here, 10 hours in, no problems so far. Best game i've played this year, magnificent. I'm officially a fan of Bioware, need to hook myself up with some of their previous work.

Comment

Originally posted by Prine
      1st gen Xbox here, 10 hours in, no problems so far. Best game i've played this year, magnificent. I'm officially a fan of Bioware, need to hook myself up with some of their previous work.
      If you haven't play the Baldur's Gate series, you just ain't living.

Comment

If you've found you like this sort of thing Planescape: Torment is a must. 100% genius of an RPG.

Comment

Damn right. The plot of that game is utterly immense, and if you thought KOTR's characters were involving you haven't seen anything till you play Planescape: Torment.

Comment

I'd like to play Planescape, but back in my dice days I never cared for that universe. Guess I was too stuck in my Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms games to branch out into Planescape much, and that's carried over to Torment. I know I should play it, but something is holding me back. Someday I know I'll get to it, but now that I've played Baldur's Gate 2 with it's improved mechanics, interface, and resolution levels, it'll be that much harder (not to mention the wonderful KOTOR)...

Comment

Planescape:Torment is good, but it's not really a game.

It's a book with lots of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr0ver
                Planescape:Torment is good, but it's not really a game.

It's a book with lots of pictures.
                You could argue that about just about any 'traditonal computer' RPG - western and eastern.

Comment

Phew - I've now made it all the way through this thread; some hard going there...

Now there are 2 games I want on the Xbox, I think I'll be buying one - KOTOR & Panzer should see me right

Comment

Well, me being dumb with RPGs has come home to roost - I'm stuck/lost >_<

Originally posted by spoiler
                    I've got the maintenance droid that can get me into the Sith base....but where is the Sith base?!? I've looked everywhere (all the apartments, all through the lower city, the undercity, both sets of gang's bases (they're all dead now) and both Cantinas. Do I have to have a conversation with a paticular character to trigger it emerging? That Mandaloroan feller who asks you to do it so you get the Ebon Hawk is no good.
                    Help me out of my stupidity rut

Comment

Treble:

Go through the passageway opposite the droid shop in the upper city (I think past the lower city descent point) into the starport type section. Its there. Some doors labelled "Military Base".

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                        Originally posted by Prine
                        If you haven't play the Baldur's Gate series, you just ain't living.
                        Is Baldurs gate on the XB good. I was looking at it in the 2 for ?30 deal at play.com.

Is it worth getting?

Comment

BG on the XBox is good, but you must bear in mind it has little resemblence to the P.C versions; being more of a hack and slash Diablo equivalent rather than a dialogue laden, side quest extravaganza.

That said though, it is an excellent two player game, although I feel that naming it after the P.C titles was somewhat misleading.

Comment

So would you suggest that I get the PC version. Isn't there a game before Baldur's Gate?

How many in the Baldur's series are there and which are the best?

I'm going to spend on games in a month or so, and I'm making a last that will last me 'till crimbo!

Comment

Treble
                              The Sith base is just a door with no guards outside. It's on the upper level, I think it's in the North area. Use the map and it'll point it out for you.
                              I'm now 13 hours in, and have finished the first planet. I'm amazed quite frankly, as the game has improved masively. Considering this was already one of the best games I've played this year - that is quite amazing.

My character seems to be taking hits far too much, any tips on getting by this? His defence rating is a fair bit higher than anyone else in my team, yet he gets all the damage. Gah.

Jedi Guardian, trainee

Comment

Originally posted by nips
                                Is Baldurs gate on the XB good. I was looking at it in the 2 for ?30 deal at play.com.

Is it worth getting?
                                Um, what Garibaldi said. I found it to be a VERY fun and addictive game, but it has very little in common with the PC RPGs. Just keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X