Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The

leaps of Faith from one tower to the next

were also moments, I'd only just got to level 3 and had no idea what distance I had. Best platforming moment since tick tock clock in M64, I knew it would be

Amazing to see something like 24 friends online last night, ALL on Crackdown. I know quite a few of us loved the look of this game from the start, but it had many doubters as well. Amazing to see how the game has turned it's fortunes around and everyone with a 360 seems to be loving it at the moment ! Think the Halo 3 beta was an inspired move in the end, not so much to sell the game, but just to get folks to take interest in it prior to launch and realise what a great game it IS.
    Last edited by Simmy; 23-02-2007, 10:36.

Comment

I made an attempt at the tower last night. 20 minutes later I was three quarters of the way up and a bit stumped as to where to go next, but damn it all if it wasn't amazing stuff all the same.

My hands were sweating like crazy (something I don't remember happening since Half-Life's canyon traversing or last gen's first outing for Prince of Persia).

Real cliche movie moment came when I was hanging off some scaffolding and thought to myself "Whatever you do, don't look down..."

I flipped the camera and looked down.

Cue vertigo and a knot in my stomach like you would'nt believe. A real `oh crap` moment

Sadly I was stumped for too long, ran out of time and had to stop playing but I really can't wait to try and crack that bastard this evening

Comment

Are you Agility stats maxed out, mate? Do you need to be 4-star to navigate the Agency Tower?

Comment

I'm currently level three. Others here have said it was difficult but do'able with two but entirely possible with three.

Comment

Ta' for that, will have a stab at that when I get home.

Collecting Agility Orbs = Game Crack.

Comment

I had a comedy moment last night, I'd just taken down the Shai-Gen kingpin without taking out the rest of the generals. So Once I left the building they were all coming at me.
              I borrowed a civilian smart car and made a suprisingly hasty escape, only to be hit with a firefly rocket during my exit.

The car got hit several times more in the air by rockets, amazingly I had survived, the car landed on the road the right way up, no roof , no doors no wheels and no bonnet, it was on fire and I was sitting bolt upright like a learner driver who was about to go to test.

Comment

Was gonna get an asian copy of the game until I saw an ad saying that if you buy the JPN version, you get to to download the Halo 3 Multiplayer (Beta)!
                So I picked up a JPN version! Within the main menu under downloads, there's an option to download the Halo 3 Beta but it's not ready yet. Will be checking everyday though!

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
                  What impresses me about Crackdown in that area (picking up the full game later today) is it's detail. Gone are the usual sandbox pitfalls of jarring LoD transitions and vanishing people/objects. Sure, the draw distance overall is nowhere near as jaw dropping as in Just Cause given the scale, but what is important is the detail and complexity of the city environment at a distance.
                  Yeah, it was very impressive to me that it was still pushing all this and with barely a blip in the framerate. In fact I've been causing a lot of havoc with explosions and the only judders I've noticed have been in co-op, so I'm not sure if that's just a spot of lag. It's great that there's been a lot of effort put into making things run smoothly when so many next-gen games have sacrificed it for a few extra particle effects.

Originally posted by Simmy View Post
                  Not sure if Neko was joking, but I've heard about jumping into a pool before, but you don't have to do this to get the achievement, any water will do !
                  LOL, no I wasn't joking. I thought you had to land in that little pool at the bottom, having originally seen it in this clip. At least I can say that I did it properly, though

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                  Are you Agility stats maxed out, mate? Do you need to be 4-star to navigate the Agency Tower?
                  I did it with three agility stars quite comfortably. I tried it earlier yesterday with two stars and got stuck a way up, but I think that was because I missed a handhold to grab onto. Not sure whether I'd trust my character to make the leaps of faith between the three towers with two stars, though.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post

LOL, no I wasn't joking. I thought you had to land in that little pool at the bottom, having originally seen it in this clip. At least I can say that I did it properly, though

I did it with three agility stars quite comfortably. I tried it earlier yesterday with two stars and got stuck a way up, but I think that was because I missed a handhold to grab onto. Not sure whether I'd trust my character to make the leaps of faith between the three towers with two stars, though.
                    I don't think you can do it with two stars to be honest, I got stuck half way up (or it seemed half way at the time). I thought you had to land in the little pool too...so I did that as well!

Comment

I have a question if you please

Am i right in thinking that if i join a friends game and we take out the first say 3 bosses, this achievement will only be recognised on his game not mine. Meaning that when i go back to my game i'll have to take those bosses out again?

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

Tommy

Comment

I think you have to take out the bosses again, i'm just not sure about the achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Roost View Post
                          I think you have to take out the bosses again, i'm just not sure about the achievement.
                          Any achievements you get stay got. When you join a friends game you join there gamestate. When you go back to yours it will be the same as you left it.

Hope this is clear.

Comment

Sure is

Cheers Sharky

It's a shame you can't have a seperate profile for solo and co-op games so say me and a friends wanted to play co-op and keep our solo campains seperate from each other. Otherwise this game is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                              Cue vertigo and a knot in my stomach like you would'nt believe. A real `oh crap` moment
                              I'd heard about people suffering from vertigo in the game, but had poo poo'd it as nonsence. I suffer from it in real life, and was horrified to find the same feelings hitting me while climbing the tower. Amazing that they have managed to some how get that to happen, in what is quite a comic looking game. A few points I had to remind myself that I could go on, as it is only a game

Comment

yea,definitely getting a slight feeling of vertigo in this game.Strange,as i can't remember the last time i've experienced that in a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X