No announcement yet.

Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently don't have Live, so would you recommend this game for its single player mode alone?

Comment

Deffinately ! All the achievements in their as well as the main campaign make it a great SP game - COOP is just a great bonus !

Comment

You'll still get a lot out of it without Live. I've played a few hours of co-op but the majority of my time with it has been spent running around solo.

But seriously, a 360 without Live? What are you thinking!?

Comment

Found a REALLY weird glitch on co-op.

Go to the agency, and get the agency supercar, haven't tried it with anything else. Get the other person to stand right next to the door, and drive into them. They fall under the floor, just tried it twice .

Comment

I know, I know, I need to get Live sorted out.

Anyway, I've been playing this for the last couple of hours and at first I didn't like it, but now I'm having a blast. The auto-aim was quite annoying to begin with but after a while I got used to it. I've mostly been jumping from rooftop to rooftop spiderman style!

Comment

loving this so far, but i can't it lasting too long. one days play and my agent is almost maxed out and I've defeated most of the henchmen

Comment

Hi folks

Couple of questions - really appreciate if you could let me know what I've done to be honest!!

When I booted up the game - I picked co-op > friend invite only
                It then asked me for all the co-op parameters - quiet vs talk etc which seemed a bit strange for the friend invite option. It then took me to the looking for people page and just held on that screen - probably cause I hadn't invited anyone yet! Was going to do that tomorrow and have a bit of fun on my tod tonight. Do you have to have your invited friend with you to start a hosted co-op game?

I did give up that route and started a single player game but interestingly when I tried co-op again the options - anyone, all friends, invite only had disappeared? Does that mean my profile has saved the invite co-op I chose or that that option has now gone and I need to delete my Crackdown profile to get back to the choice of co-op options game. Really bloody confused.

One other quick one - if I collect say an orb on a building in my co-op and then join a mates game will that orb have reappeared for me or will it be gone akin to my own game. If its back again - if I collect do I get more agility or not? Its the agility element that I still don't understand how it works between your own game and a mates hosted game.

Cheers

Comment

best rocket launcher ever!?

Also,out of 22 people on my friends list,19 of them are playing this!
                  Last edited by Akira; 23-02-2007, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by salacious crumb View Post
                    Do you have to have your invited friend with you to start a hosted co-op game?

I did give up that route and started a single player game but interestingly when I tried co-op again the options - anyone, all friends, invite only had disappeared? Does that mean my profile has saved the invite co-op I chose or that that option has now gone and I need to delete my Crackdown profile to get back to the choice of co-op options game. Really bloody confused.

One other quick one - if I collect say an orb on a building in my co-op and then join a mates game will that orb have reappeared for me or will it be gone akin to my own game. If its back again - if I collect do I get more agility or not? Its the agility element that I still don't understand how it works between your own game and a mates hosted game.

Cheers
                    You can be in the host live game screen or in a singleplayer game when you invite people , it does take a few minutes to register so you sometimes have to wait a while. You can go to xbox live options and change the invite only thing too.

The orbs you have collected are tied to your profile, so any orbs you collect in your own city won't show up in a friends city and any you collect in their city also won't show up in yours.

Comment

Put the DVD in at about 20.00, wanted a quick look at the game.

At 02.00 having done the first island and the

base jump

I finally after great difficulty managed to pull myself away from the game.

I've not played GTA, but if it's like this, then I can see what the fuss was about!

Brilliant game, brilliant concept and despite what I felt would be a repetative game mechanic, its kept me very entertained for my first 7 hours with it.

The view from the top of the tower as the sun came up was an ace place to be.

EDIT: The orb collecting is pure addictive fun. I hope I don't dream of orbs now!.....
                      Last edited by capcom_suicide; 24-02-2007, 00:09.

Comment

IMO there is nothing in any of the GTAs that comes even close to the sheer joy of exploring Pacific City. I liked 3, Vice and SA a whole lot, but I never felt any desire to play them any further once I'd finished the story.

Comment

hehe exacte same here. The agency tower was a beast was awesome to get to the top. I wasnt originally gonna get this game when i first saw it but im so glad i did now.

Comment

Wow. My wife went to bed at 11pm, I said I would have a quick go. It is now 2:30am and if I didn't have to get a train early tomorrow, I'd keep on playing.

Collecting orbs is just so brillant.

Anyone know what happens when you kill everyone?

Comment

Stuck this on at 8pm and my mate and I have been playing co-op ever since then, 7 hours straight of pure mayhem!! Loving it. Got so many good stuff done too.

Agency tower climb and jump off. Excellent. Took about half an hour but was so cool finding the way up and the fear of missing your next jump and losing it all!!

Got the body and car juggler achievements which were a laugh to do, and made alot easier when you get the amazing rocket launcher. Best weapon in a game ever I thinK!!

Got an achievement for killing 500 gang members using explosives! Use my rocket launcher alot now, got it up to 3 star explosives too.

I've also found and killed all the gang members of Los Meurtos.

And got the Chain Banger achievement for linking 100 explosions in 60 seconds!

Really struggling to get the long/high jump achievements for the driving. Any tips on places to do them? Agency SUV best for doing them too yeh?

Trying to think what else we done, but its just been such a laugh, Dont want the game to end! Hopefully they'll bring out cool updates for it to keep it fresh soon enough as I imagine once everythings collected and killed and all achievements got its basically running around an empty city which may not be fun. We will just have to see though.

But so far, I would have to say this is a 10/10 game for me. Just been hours of endless fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                                Hopefully they'll bring out cool updates for it to keep it fresh soon enough as I imagine once everythings collected and killed and all achievements got its basically running around an empty city which may not be fun.
                                I think someone's going to have to keep posting on every page; you can turn criminals back on when you've finished the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X