X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm as good as there

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      To be fair to the game though, with 500 orbs they are pretty much everywhere. If you were to increase that to 750 or 1000 then you're talking one every building or something silly.
      I think I probably haven't made it clear. Obviously it'd be stupid to overlap orbs on top of one another. The DLC would kick into affect after certain numbers had been collected in an area and obviously placed in positions in which others weren't previously placed (I disagree that the world isn't big enough in terms of full 3D space to accomodate this).

The reason I'd welcome more orbs is because scaling the world in its entirety give this kind of game a completely new flavour, and it'd cost relatively little to do (it's not as if they'd be building new weapons/cars/districts).

Originally posted by Jebus
      I'm happy with the game as is though but if they make more content available for this game then I'll salute it, this game is just one of those "one more go" kinda games...I'd love to put it down but I can't.
      The other mechanics in Crackdown are great fun too, I agree. I do think the car handling isn't particularly strong though compared to GTA but I spend so much time on-foot it doesn't really bother me.

I have to say I'm slightly baffled by the reviews criticising the game's longevity. I'm 7 hours in now and I've only really finished the missions on first island, with 250/500 agility orbs, 70/300 secret orbs and a fair number of car and climbing sub-missions to go. I can see Crackdown lasting me 15-20 hours, which in sandbox terms isn't a whole lot, but compared to the usual 6-8 hour experiences next-game games seem to be offering up in single-player, isn't bad at all.
      Last edited by Concept; 24-02-2007, 17:07.

Comment

Agreed, I'm about 10 hours in myself and I've cleared one gang and half of another...I'm at level 4 agility but everything else is 3 and on its way up.

I've done ONE car race and about FIVE rooftop races. I really like the car mechanics though personally, find them spot on.

Let alone the fact I've only got about 5 stunt rings and only 55 hidden orbs.

This game has plenty of legs left for me.

Comment

Cant stop playing this game tbh. One thing though am I meant to go to the shai gen area after los meurtos or to the volk area? In order of difficulty I mean.

Comment

I'd say Volk next since they're labelled in this order from the Agency parking lot:

1 - Los Muertos
            2 - Volk
            3- Shai Gen

Comment

It's very very obvious that's the "difficultly" level when you tried them all Spot on Spatial.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy View Post
                Managed to clear out the first island last night. Must admit I'm not sure I tackled any of the gang boss fights as intended includding the last. I just scale my way around to the side of the hide outs and move straight in on the bosses location.
                It's a sandbox game - whatever way you choose to take them out is up to you innit

Edit - and yay, I've managed to climb the tower too - that last bit got my hands sweating.
                Last edited by MartyG; 24-02-2007, 17:55.

Comment

Holy ****!!!!!

How'd he get that thing up there?

Jumping from the top of Wang's skyscraper in my SUV in Crackdown for Xbox 360. I did this before the keys to the city mode came out.

Comment

Wiped out all 21 bad guys now, absolutely loved the game. Playing it in co-op just bounding about with a friend is absolute genius.

On par with oblivion and GTA 3 for best sandbox game

Comment

I don't get the issues people have had with the length of this game. I'm sure you can finish it very quickly if you just run through but I've been having a great time just exploring and messing around, and after putting in what must be pushing 15 hours I'm only about halfway through the Volk. I guess that makes me halfway through the game, thinking about it.

When you get your agility up to four stars the jumps you can make are absolutely mental. I love making leaps of faith from skyscrapers and just making it to a balcony or very edge of a rooftop.

Early days yet, but this is definitely my favourite game of the year so far.

Comment

what difficulty you guys playing on, i chose ruthless for some reason even though im 4 star on strenth and agility i get my energy drained in seconds.

once you have 4 star can u keep leveling up to 5 star? 0r 99 on the bar thing

Comment

I think the highest you can go is 4 star plus 99 on the level up gauge.

Comment

4 Star 99 is the limit.

I can see potential for DLC upping the max to 5star99 with extra roof-top races etc, plus of course extra orbs to find. Also I'd like to see an uber gang take over the entire city. The mechanics of Crackdown are so well defined that they can easily just add content and make it worth while. Though it'd be nice, it isn't essential that more areas are created (which I'd presume would be the hardest thing to implement)

More modes could include defending areas, survival, super enemies...all of which would almost certainly work well. Of course online modes would also be welcome!

And yes, I agree with what has been said - making a jump from the top of a building, across a busy road and just making it across, is such an incredible feeling. You get so intune with your characters abilities that you just know if you can make a jump or not before attempting it - even the insane leaps of faith. I haven't felt this connected to a character since Master Chief; it all just works so well.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                              You get so intune with your characters abilities that you just know if you can make a jump or not before attempting it - even the insane leaps of faith. I haven't felt this connected to a character since Master Chief; it all just works so well.
                              I know what you mean, there have been so many times where I've thought I'll be able to make that jump to that rooftop and when I've made the jump I just making it by clinging onto the edge. I'm not sure if I imagine it but I'm sure there is an sound effect for when you have made a particularly long jump and just make by clinging to the edge if a building, almost like you fingernails have dung into the side of the building.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                                4 Star 99 is the limit.
                                Does the 99 register as the final 5th level up?

Comment

Working...
                                X