No announcement yet.

Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game has by far the best set of achievements yet, even the non-Xbox Live achievements are fun to try.

Still...I'm making very slow progress with this! I've just managed to grab the grenade and rocket launchers so hopefully I can begin to level up my explosives. Climbed the tower last night then promptly fell off Thankfully I was able to site the water in time and steer myself in place. Only just managed to land it for the achievement, was swearing all the way down! Unfortunately my agility wasn't high enough to grab the orb at the top, so I'm going to have to go back up anyway!

I don't think I've got the right rocket launcher to get the achievements, the reload is incredibly slow.

Comment

Where are people finding the grenade and rocket launchers ?

Comment

Grenade launcher is on the first island, the boss on the beach and a bog standard enemy had a rocket launcher on the Volk island.

Comment

I'm in love with this game. I only played the demo twice, and while I enjoyed it, it didn't bowl me over.

But the final game?

It's wonderful in that kinetic 'where have those 5 hours just gone?' kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi View Post
            Anyone know what happens when you kill everyone?
            Yes - I finished the 21 bosses last night.

The main reward is a cutscene with a sort of interesting twist. Thankfully, the game doesn't just end there. You can take your powered-up agent back into the city with or without gang members on the streets. The bosses can't be brought back though - I guess that's what Time Trial mode is for.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              I don't think I've got the right rocket launcher to get the achievements, the reload is incredibly slow.
              Yup, theres another one which

holds 5 rockets at once to fire at will without reloading, and holds 20 overall I think it was.

It's immensely fun when you get that. I think it was the top part of the Volk island I got it from. But now alot of the guys seem to have it so theres constantly huge firefights with my and my mate exchanging rockets with the Volk. The carnage at the end of the trade off is amazing!

Plus you can do said acheivements with it too, the car one is quite tricky so what we done was build the biggest pile of cars ever, chuck tons of explosives barrels in, then both of us put 8 remote mines in and set them all off at once, the explosion was amazing and I just picked the highest car I could find and kept it up for as long as possible for the achievement!

****, edit again:

We also tried first, by just normally shooting the cars with the rockets but I couldnt keep it in the air long enough, was coming just short, so then tried putting mines on it first then setting them off and trying to keep it up. Didnt work, so thennn we tried chucking the car up a building quite high and throwing it off while I was on the ground trying to keep it up with rockets, but that didnt work either! Spent a good hour or so getting the achievement in the end, was ace fun.
              Last edited by Rossco; 24-02-2007, 11:43.

Comment

This game rocks

Anyone managed to get the chain banger one? I swear I've set off the worlds biggest chain reaction but still no achievement!

Just managed to unlock all supply points and get the airborn killer one though. Every stat is now on 2 star by Agility which is on 3...must...keep...levelling...

Comment

Me and Fry played this for a couple of hours last night, it is so easy just to piss around and do nothing, its great.

I managed to finally level up my driving to 4 stars , so we thought we'd give a ramp truck and SUV a go.
                  We put a ramp truck on a motorway and drove over it at 180MPH in the SUV, we flew for miles, we both got an acheivement or 2 whilist we sat inside the car aswell.
                  The other funny thing about that was that other cars were driving along the motorway too would also end up driving up the ramp truck.

Next up, stack 2 ramp trucks ontop of each other.....

I also discovered a novel way to get my co-op partner through stunt rings; sit the in a car then use my level 4 strengh to throw them through.

Comment

Ive managed the Chain Banger one, on Los Meurtos island, go to the beach, theres a section of barrels next to the pier chuck some mines or use a rocket launcher to make sure you get a big explosion to start them all off, quickly run down the pier and get the ones in a circle at the end of it, might need to blow up both sides to make sure, then run back up the pier again and do the one you started with which should have respawned!

Achievement GET!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                      Plus you can do said acheivements with it too, the car one is quite tricky so what we done was build the biggest pile of cars ever, chuck tons of explosives barrels in, then both of us put 8 remote mines in and set them all off at once, the explosion was amazing and I just picked the highest car I could find and kept it up for as long as possible for the achievement!

****, edit again:

We also tried first, by just normally shooting the cars with the rockets but I couldnt keep it in the air long enough, was coming just short, so then tried putting mines on it first then setting them off and trying to keep it up. Didnt work, so thennn we tried chucking the car up a building quite high and throwing it off while I was on the ground trying to keep it up with rockets, but that didnt work either! Spent a good hour or so getting the achievement in the end, was ace fun.
                      Easiest way I've found is :

4 limpet mines on a car, 4 on the ground, chuck said car onto said ground.

WALK AWAY. I can't stress that enough.

Detonate...keep in the air with 5 rockets. The most important thing to do though is use a smart car for the experiment, it's the lightest and is like a feather

EDIT: Sorry Rossco beat me to it!

As for the Chain banger achievement, it's the easiest in the game. There is an area where there is about 20/30 barrels lined up like dominos, and the second you turn your back on them (after exploding them) they respawn, you just have to do it a few times. I won't spoil where to find it though

Comment

Had my first attempt at getting to the top of the agency tower this morning, got to the scaffolding near where an aglility orb was and up some stairs, at the top of which I fell all the way to my death ...

One thing that appears to be missing in the game, and I'm quite surprised it's not been mentioned - where are the statistics? I can't find them anywhere and there's nothing in the manual about them. I want to know how high I've climbed, how far I've jumped, how many gang members I've killed, how many miles I've ran: it's a sandbox game they should be there. So if I've missed them, can someone please point me in the right direction. Cheers.

Comment

They aren't there, a bit rubbish really

Maybe Downloadable content at some point, I did remember reading an interview saying that they wanted to have leaderboards for every stat under the sun.

Comment

Yeah the lack of stats is disappointing, would be nice to know how close I am to the 'kill n' achievements! Likewise throwing etc etc.

Jebus - I know exactly where that is and where I setup my chain reaction, but didn't get the achievement. I didn't keep returning through, so I'll give it another go.

edit - aaaaaaaand done it
                            Last edited by PeteJ; 24-02-2007, 12:38.

Comment

Hadn't really started messing around with the explosives - until this morning.

Top quality entertainment - managed to use the grenade launcher to flip a speeding enemy truck that was coming right for me and watched it do a whole 180 as it sailed over the top of my head, landing in a flaming heap behind.

The sight of the flaming Volk bodies slumped in the cab as it went overhead was the icing on the comedy cake

One question though - I've taken down Los Muertos but it is normal to now have them turning up in Volk areas and double teaming me?

Comment

Yeah there are a couple of areas where they are hanving a bit of a gang war

Comment

Working...
                                X