Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
    And see the co-op one for completing all missions, is it for the host or both host and the person who joins the game? As it could be a bitch going through them all again just for that as I mostly joined my mates game to play through instead of him joining me!
    Me and my mate went through and I was hosting. I got all the achievements and he didn't.

However we're on our way through it again anyway as it's so damn fun and pretty easy when you're stats are so high.

Comment

I'm not sure how much time I've put into the game so far (damn you lack of stats) but it feels like 15 hours or so...and yet I feel like I still have half the game to play. I still have 11 of the 21 bosses left, only two stats are on 4 star, have barely touched the races or roof races, about 150 agility orbs and about 200 hidden orbs...haven't got any driving achievements, haven't even played Coop mode, haven't even managed the 200 kills without dieing.

And who said this game was too short?

But I do suck, I dread to think how many times I've died!

Comment

Indeed. I'm 20 hours in and I still haven't finished all the bosses. Like all good sandbox games, the longevity is as much as you want it to be. This is rapidly turning into one of my favourite games over the past couple of years (not just on the 360).

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
          Indeed. I'm 20 hours in and I still haven't finished all the bosses. Like all good sandbox games, the longevity is as much as you want it to be. This is rapidly turning into one of my favourite games over the past couple of years (not just on the 360).

See now when Concept "Critical" critic writes that, then I know I'm not alone.

The game has far superceeded my expectations.

I spent an hour just driving round the dirt track in the SUV perfecting my stunt skills. When I did a barrel role it gave me part of the achievements and it dawned on me that a ***lot**** of design has gone in to make you try stuff for fun, that also relates to an achievement.

I understand that game has flaws, (Spawn enemies on your start point, somewhat missed oppertunity for boss battles) but the amount of fun I've had so far has made it impossible to be angry with the game.

Sweet.

Comment

You can both get the achievments in the co-op mode. But, for example, you both have to do a stunt jump seperately. So no sitting in the passanger seat and letting your mate do all the hard work!!

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
              I spent an hour just driving round the dirt track in the SUV perfecting my stunt skills.
              Is that the dirt track of the vehicle boss on the first island? It doubles as a stunt track once he is cleared then?

Originally posted by Mr Jugglebumps View Post
              You can both get the achievments in the co-op mode. But, for example, you both have to do a stunt jump seperately. So no sitting in the passanger seat and letting your mate do all the hard work!!
              Even better, while playing online with a friend who was super powerful last night, i got him to throw me (while i was in a car) through a stunt marker that i couldn't reach with my low driving level. Aces!

Comment

Finished the game last night and can honestly say it is one of the best games I have played in a while, just pure fun! People say the game is short, in my opinion, that is because the damn game is so addictive that you can't stop playing it therefore resulting in people finishing in quite quickly. The ending was pretty cool, a nice change from the norm and opens options for Crackdown 2!
                I don't think it is the end once you have finished the story, obviously there is co-op and I am pretty sure we will get some downloadable content for this game, which will further extend the lifespan of an already excellent game.

Comment

Just had my first long session on the game last night, and it really laid it open for me, great fun for hours! Finished off the first island and managed to get the

heavy machine gun

off the kingpin. Before that i got the grenade launcher and took a rocket launcher of a regular goon in the volk! Climbed the Agency Tower once i got agility 3, then jumped off. All in all a great evening!

Comment

I had a good evening of crackdown too - managed to get strength up to 4 star, killed another boss and most importantly managed to get the 200 kills without dieing achievement

Any tips on the rampage sub-achievements with the cars? It's easy to destroy them but I'm struggling to find an area with enough gang controlled cars within 60 seconds. I've tried the boss on the first island but he doesn't have 25 cars as far as I can tell

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                      Any tips on the rampage sub-achievements with the cars? It's easy to destroy them but I'm struggling to find an area with enough gang controlled cars within 60 seconds. I've tried the boss on the first island but he doesn't have 25 cars as far as I can tell
                      If you check the net you`ll be told to goto Shai Gen and run over the gang members there until they send the hit squad after you but, in my experience they send the cars too slow and only a handful of them turn up anyway.

I found by far the best and easiest place to get this sub achievement is in the Volk area. Kill as many as you can (run em over or shoot em it doesn`t matter) and get the Volk hit squad meter maxed and they will send plenty of cars. Make sure you`re armed with the homing rocket launcher and the bazooka (shouldn`t need that but just incase).

Best thing to do is come out of tunnel 2 from the Keep and in the main street outside there should be plenty of Volk cars and trucks to pull people out of, kill and get that hit squad meter up, even if you have completed the Volk mission at the refineary near by there will be plenty of Volk activity here or at the end of the street.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                        I had a good evening of crackdown too - managed to get strength up to 4 star
                        Any tips on getting the strength up? I'm only on one and thats really just to secret orbs and about two roundhouse kicks. Now i'm in the Volk area i'd prefer not to try and take them down toe to toe with my weak kick to level up. Are there alternatives?

Comment

I done the car rampage acheivement after completing the game. Put Crimes On and its just pure madness sometimes with tonnes of cars and guys chasing you. Happened by pure chance when I got the one for blowing up 25 in 60 seconds too!

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                            Any tips on getting the strength up? I'm only on one and thats really just to secret orbs and about two roundhouse kicks. Now i'm in the Volk area i'd prefer not to try and take them down toe to toe with my weak kick to level up. Are there alternatives?
                            A mate of mine kicked everythingn in Los Muertos and he was level 4 before you could blink, but you`ve made things slightly more difficult now that you have gone to the Volk.

If you go out of door 2 from the Keep there is an oil refinery to the right with plenty of Volk to kick, if this is too difficult I`d suggest repeating a Los Muertos general over and over on time trial mode until you reach the desired level.

Diaz is a good one for many different rank ups/achievements. You may die a few times but not until you`ve kicked the **** out of a load of em first.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
                              Throw gang members into each other to kill them and watch it soar !!!

Comment

No idea what is wrong with me, I wait months for this to come out and now it has I spend all my game time on Halo 2 I'm fecked in the head I tell you

Comment

Working...
                                X