Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
    About the Agency man, maybe after what came out in the ending he's gone a bit

last days of Hitler, holed up in his bunker because everyone's out to get him

. I turned him off in the options after I'd finished the game just because I didn't need to be told about nearby races and training videos at that point. That and he'd disillusioned me.
    Neko! Now i know hes involved in the ending somehow (despite your spolier tags)

Comment

There's no way to play this if you're not on Live then?

Thanks a ****ing bunch RW/MS.

I can't play this then.

Comment

What do you mean? Of course you can play Crackdown if you aren't on Live.

Comment

You'll still need live for the halo beta and co-op tho of course.

Comment

Where's the best place to get the Long Jump achievement?

Comment

Mr did it with level

Originally posted by MikeF View Post
              Where's the best place to get the Long Jump achievement?
              I did it with a 4* SUV and a ramp truck placed on a high flyover motorway thingy. Got a 2 mile run up and off I went

Comment

A level 4 SUV can get it straight out of the first tunnel.

Comment

You don't even need four stars to do it. When you've finished the game take the SUV to that tower opposite Wang's (the one with the lift) and take it up to the top. You'll have to throw it up one section to reach the very summit.

One part up there around the dome is conveniently missing a railing, so with a bit of a run up you can drive off there and easily get the achievement. The double flip is pretty easy to do on the way down as well.

Sorry if that previous post spoiled anything for you. It's not quite as explicit as it might seem - it's more of an implied involvement

Comment

I tried that ages ago with the SUV but couldnt chuck it up the ledges at the top. Is the part you mean where there are 5 or 6 different ledges all on top of each other and you need to throw it right to the top in one throw? I couldnt manage it!

Maybe I was only level 3 strength at that point though. Not that I need to do it anymore, just curious!

Comment

Yeah, you need to throw it up there. I'm surprised you can't do it in one throw even with three stars to be honest.

Comment

Okay, if anyone finds Alleys of the Den in the least bit entertaining, exciting or generally fun - you're out of your goddamned minds. That's probably going to be the reason I never get all the achievements, never mind the orbs; none of the cars are suited for the degree of precision it requires. You're being asked to make all of those twitchy little slalom sequences perfectly, and messing up one means you're pretty much screwed. Day or night, roads and pavements are jammed, and the bollards across the road are pretty much the final little bouquet garni of outright ****ing meanness.

Oh, and you're all lying about having done it, by the way. It's easier on my sanity to believe that than accept you can all memorise those turns dead on and I can't.

Comment

Well I'm on 4 stars & about 50 sub-levels & I still can't even get close to throwing it up the last lot of ledges! Managed to get the two front flips & the hangtime award by just jumping it off the lower platform though. Just need the distance one now.

I'm also having trouble doing the shot-put one, any tips?

Comment

Heh, I must admit I got the shot-put completely by accident just now ; I killed a bunch of pedestrians in a fit of rage after one last attempt at Alleys of the Den (never again!), picked one of the bodies up and launched it into the river. Unlocked it there and then. It was right next to the race starting point, if that's any help, and I was at maxed-out strength. I didn't aim high or anything, or take a running start - just turned and launched.

EDIT: Plus I got the long jump in the car simply by taking the SUV up to full speed and launching it (with the hydraulics) off one of the motorway bridges into the sea.
                            Last edited by Eight Rooks; 03-03-2007, 01:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi View Post
                              What do you mean? Of course you can play Crackdown if you aren't on Live.
                              Sorry, I'm stupid.

When the game says it needs an update before it can be played, I assumed it meant a patch from Live, brought my 360 round to my BB connection, and my television here broke. Wasn't until I got home that I realised it meant just a dash update...

Anyway, the game is pretty fun, up to Level 4 on strength and firearms, still 0 for explosives though. Next thing is to pipe out the Los Meurtos kingpin, and hopefully find a rocket launcher.

Those orbs are awfully addictive...

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                                Okay, if anyone finds Alleys of the Den in the least bit entertaining, exciting or generally fun - you're out of your goddamned minds. That's probably going to be the reason I never get all the achievements, never mind the orbs; none of the cars are suited for the degree of precision it requires. You're being asked to make all of those twitchy little slalom sequences perfectly, and messing up one means you're pretty much screwed. Day or night, roads and pavements are jammed, and the bollards across the road are pretty much the final little bouquet garni of outright ****ing meanness.

Oh, and you're all lying about having done it, by the way. It's easier on my sanity to believe that than accept you can all memorise those turns dead on and I can't.
                                Dude, the Supercar is the car for it!

Trust me, I'm Scottish!

Comment

Working...
                                X