No announcement yet.

Virtua Tennis 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly I should say this game is marvellous, and I haven't even touched online yet.

I am now at world no.1 (have just won the top 16 tourny)
    Not sure what there is left to do in career mode. I am guessing just passing level 6 on the minigames, 130 mph serve and a few other bits.

A few questions for the VT3 gurus:
    - When people saw you must come from behind (ooer) to win in order to get Duke, what exactly do they mean. I mean is it sufficient to go 15-0 down and win from there. Or do you have to go 1-0, 2-0 down etc.
    - Has anyone got 300 in the bowling (9 strikes plus a triple strike at the end)
    - Hearing different opinions on the stats. As I understand they level out at 30. I guess this means if you are on 35 it's merely extra safety margin against going below 30 rather than actually being better

Sorry I would consult gamefaqs for these questions but there don't seem to be any VT3 guides online

Comment

May have been covered in this thread, but been playing this lots online, a few times I have been hammering someone, and then they start doing this underarm service that lands, like a drop shot, way short. The thing is, if you come forward to pre-empt it, they will put in a normal service and you won't reach it. How is this gutter-scraping tactic actually performed? And why are there so many bastards on the internets? I was playing against some obnoxious young kid the other day, and he kept doing it. I gave him a dog's abuse over the old headset.

Comment

Welcome to xbox live

I think you serve like that using the B button if not it's X !

Always stand at the T line and if they do that return it by cutting it across the net away from them - Even if they get to it they should be well out of shape for you to finish them with the next volley !

Comment

I couldn't stand playing strangers on this online, but if I'm about gimme a shout Seany, my character's only about level 10-15!

SwallowFM is mah Gamertag.

Comment

Had a few excellent singles/ doubles matches with socko... when during one match, 5 games to 2 down, and facing match point at least a couple of times, we clawed it back and won every single game to win.

Excellent stuff

If there's any ntsc-uk'ers wanting a match, add me gamertag. Since i'm sick to death of playing cheating (and whining i might add) french players.

Comment

Why is it that in this game AND sega superstat tennis, every so often your player will shuffle to the right all by itself? Also it randomly locks up for a couple of seconds (usually when I need to run to the other side of the court).

Comment

Working...
              X