Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

The first thing you notice is it's all in Japanese, while this means that you won't be able to understand any of it, it also means that you're OK to say you like the game. I was half expecting an English option after how successful the first one was overseas, but I can't find one.

The songs also appear to not have any English in them, which means that all the beats will be in the right place and nobody will have to complain about them or owt. And you won't have to pretend you hate all the songs, even though Popstar sounds like Cher.

But, all joking aside...

Obviously the game plays as Ouendan always played, so the main changes I can see from the original (though some were in EBA, and aside from the obvious) are

The 'world map' is sort of a cross between EBA and OTO, so it's a square city area, but it's all in some kind of 3D that's not quite 3D but is. It looks nice, and is easier to navigate than EBAs globe. It's not quite as easy as OTO though.

You can save a top three high scores per level - I've only played each level once but there's certainly three spaces!

Replay save, looks like there's just 20 slots to save replays, so I guess you can save the same level 20 times should you so wish

Intro skip!

Not played multiplayer, the menus confused me so I'm not really sure how that works...

And there's an option that is greyed out in the options screen, but from what I hear it may be good for the people who start to find the cheerleader levels too easy.

The extra squad, can't work them out at all - they're still helping people, so I'm not sure really whether they're good or bad, the original guys don't *appear* to like them, but they're not doing evil!

The 'Over The Distance' style level makes a return, as expected, and it's every bit as *omg cry* as the rest story-wise, but tbh the song is nowhere near as emotional as Hitomi Yaida and it falls a bit flat

Musically, the game seems much poppier than OTO, which was pretty poppy anyway, but seemed slightly rockier than the new game - I've not unlocked everything yet so it may even out a bit more. At the moment, the songs aren't so memorable, but once I start pouring the kind of hours I did into the original that's subject to change!

The extra squad, can't work them out at all - they're still helping people, so I'm not sure really whether they're good or bad, the original guys don't *appear* to like them, but they're not doing evil!

^Quote here. Spoilers inside a box would have made the sentence readable.

I guess the other squad is just a rival of the original one...just like rival sport clubs there are rival cheering squads. Probably you'll end up in deciding which cheering squad will do the last song, but not having the game (yet - ETA: tomorrow) this is just speculation.

Musically, the game seems much poppier than OTO, which was pretty poppy anyway, but seemed slightly rockier than the new game
    Any rap songs? They were some sort of impassable wall for me in Ouendan...I had to try again and again to pass them, getting a good score was an other altogether...
    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 17-05-2007, 19:45. Reason: some msg editing and formatting

Comment

Yataaaaaa!!!

Comment

i'm on the last level, just gave it a break. been on it non-stop since i got it

MONKEY MAGIC BONUS STAGE SONG IS WICKED! (and in english)

but they had a surprise for me at the end that nearly made me drop my DS (at least, my jaw was dropped throughout until i died):

Sambomaster's 'Sekai wa sore wo ai to yobun daze' a.k.a. the Densha Otoko ending song

they blew me away with that one

Comment

Just got this today and I'll just say this - PERFECT VIDEO GAME.

It's as good as the original, better perhaps as it has nicer graphics. The soundtrack is brilliant. 10/10.

Comment

agreed. the skippable intros means i'll definitely keep replaying it again and again.

mate from work rang me up to say mika nakashima's glamourous sky is on it apparently, but i just clocked it a few minutes ago on normal and didn't hear it. maybe i have to keep playing?

Comment

Probably one of the bonus unlockable levels.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

ooh! cos a site listed 4 more songs (2 of which are the mika and sambomaster ones) so i was wondering if it'd be an unlockable

Comment

The song on the barber's duel stage. Is there any better one is existence? There are no rap discernible rap songs as such, but a couple have a rap esque rhythm.

Comment

How do you get the unlockable songs?

Comment

Just finished the easy levels...overall it felt like much more enjoyable than EBA though I didn't liked the song; I think the first Ouendan had more varied themes, aside for a few slow-paced songs everything almost have the same bpm which dulled down the gameplay a bit.

How do you get the unlockable songs?
                      Probably like EBA, by completing a certain number of songs in a difficulty level and this will unlock the bonus on all others. Completing it easy way didn't unlocked anything.

Comment

Good point, but the higher diffuclty the more the intricacies of each rhythm in the song is better exploited. I'm tapping away on hard now, and the songs are definitely shining.

'Kyandoru, naito ga.....'. Oh My Julia - a song from the gods.

Comment

That's what I was thinking...before getting Ouendan 2 I replayed the first a bit and broke the 60 million points barrier probably all the tapping in hard and super hard made the easy chapter a bit too predictable.
                          I've read that once you pass the 40 million points you can disable the timing rings if the game is becoming too easy for you @__@

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                            That's what I was thinking...before getting Ouendan 2 I replayed the first a bit and broke the 60 million points barrier probably all the tapping in hard and super hard made the easy chapter a bit too predictable.
                            I've read that once you pass the 40 million points you can disable the timing rings if the game is becoming too easy for you @__@
                            Yeah, you're right about Ouendan - best played with Kai and the cheer girls. Disabling the time circles - that would be insane! I await the Ouendan Christ that can win doing that.

Comment

I just opened the Monkey Magic bonus stage. Quality stuff. The soundtrack is just the right mix of bouncy J-Pop and total cheese.

Kind of surprising this thread is so quiet though, I thought people would be all over this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X