No announcement yet.

Super Mario Strikers Charged Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing a video of this a while ago showing that to tackle, you shake the nunchuck, is that still the case, and if so is it as knackering as I imagine it'd be after a long sesh? Or do you shake it just a little bit and it tackles quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      I remember seeing a video of this a while ago showing that to tackle, you shake the nunchuck, is that still the case, and if so is it as knackering as I imagine it'd be after a long sesh?
      Wiimote is waved for tackling, and it works pretty smoothly and doesn't tire arm at all. Shaking nunchuk (which is tiring) just changes current special item, and to be perfectly honest, most players don't even use it (pretty pointless feature).

Comment

Thank god for that, I'm sure I recall seeing a video that showed the player shaking the nunchuck like crazy and at the time I remember thinking it would be absolutely knackering, very glad that isn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
          Change sensivity from the Wii's own menu. I think* that it also affects Strikers.

* When playing online, my own pointer often seems to be so much faster than my opponents pointer.
          Ok ta, I'll try it later (I've always had problem with motion sensitivity, it picks up movements, WarioWare doesn't pick up any movement at all, it's just annoying).

Comment

theres definately more in the gameplay than first appears, such as passing around to charge the ball before shooting . also if you do a lob pass from the side (z + A) then press B before the striker gets the ball they will do a first time volley/header/bicycle kick!

if you charge the ball white then do the same thing you get a kind of slow motion version of the shot - which then explodes towards the goal.

ifyou press the control pad whilst running with the ball you perform an evasive move - this is useful for creating a bit of space.

this game has so many nice little graphical touches, - i love the cow flying across the pitch on the windy stadium.

had a massive multiplayer marathon - my friend (who usually comes round to play FEAR on 360) proclaimed it to be "incredible!"- so there you go. its great, buy it!

Comment

Only had a few games of this so far, but none online yet.
              The megastrike thing seems way too powerful at the mo, I found myself trying not to use it so that I didn't beat the CPU 40-0 or something.
              I was winning 6-0 in a game, when the phone went, and I made an arse of pausing it ... came back to find I had won 6-2.
              Someone please tell me it gets harder.

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                Someone please tell me it gets harder.
                Yeah, difficulty ramps up drastically in second cup, and computer starts to actively tackle anyone who is trying to charge shots. Megastrikes can feel powerful in the beginning, but they aren't really that useful against human player because they can be easily stopped and blocked.
                Last edited by elkatas; 26-05-2007, 19:24.

Comment

Yeah, you are gonna be hard pressed to get a Megastrike out 2 or 3 cups into the game and as elkatas said, you'll find it hard online too (providing you're not playing Zombie Bob(?) )

Comment

Challenge 8... anyone done it? ARGH!!!

Comment

Superb game - it really clicked this morning and it's like I've evolved with it - Charging a shot only to pass at the last second giving you a charged ball to play with, overheads (very tricky but oh so satsifying) and the laugh of playing online.

Comment

I played the Mario Smash Football game on the GameCube for several weeks when it first came out - it is a really good game if OTT - but this one doesn't do much for me; I wanted to play the game with the classic controller or the WaveBird but it is (unfortunately) not an option.

I played it for 30 minutes and couldn't get used to the controls and rarely smiled when I scored or did a few good runs. The graphics are quite nice - definitely a step-up from the original - and the audio is amusing but where it matters, the gameplay, left me cold especially playing it with the Wii Remote.

Comment

Nice game. Exactly what I expected really, it hasn't really thrown in any surprises yet. It's aces in multiplayer though, I could see it getting really competitive. The only problem I have is that I sometimes can't identify which player I'm controlling...a face or some text above each player would do nicely.

Looks grand too, really well animated. I have slight issues with the armour on some characters though. Especially Bowsers huge claws.

Anyone else find the music a bit...odd? It doesn't feel very Nintendo but it covers many genres. There's even a bit of acid rave when Koopa scores

Comment

can anyone help me get online? still not managed it

i keep getting the same error code "86070 - disconnected during data transmission" when i try and find an opponent for a ranked match.

the error code is not recognised on nintendo's site, and theres no sign of mario strikers on nintendowifi.co.uk! aaargh!

i love the game but just want some online multiplayer action -
                            i know its not my router cus i can still browse the internet with the wii.. im stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by laruso View Post
                              i love the game but just want some online multiplayer action - i know its not my router cus i can still browse the internet with the wii.. im stumped.
                              It's the servers, not your connection. Usually it takes week before Nintendo gets online working stable for new game.

Comment

Has anyone got any online matches under their belt yet?

I just wanted to know what it was like online? Lag/etc...compared to the main game is it more fun, the same or less fun? I'm getting more and more tempted by this

Comment

Working...
                                X