No announcement yet.

Super Mario Strikers Charged Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got hammered 12-1 online last night. The bloke was ranked in the top 80, and to be fair to him he was a million miles better than me. I am struggling to find a character that suits my style. I have been mainly using Luigi, but am thinking of changing to Daisy.

Comment

What character was the guy you played?

Comment

Daisy

Comment

Interesting. She got pace.

Comment

I still aint got the measure of the nintendo online system.

have you got to cite friend codes to play online, or can you also play anonymously with (no doubt sinister) strangers?

Comment

It has friend codes and random games. So you're not just tied to playing with your friends. The friend code seems Mii specific so hopefully when i boot up the next online wii game with my mii it'll have the same friends!

Comment

I think I have to get rid of this before I snap the disk in half, I'd be happy if it matched people of equal skill but when I'm going against people in the top hundred I just sit there getting bored as goals fly past me.

It's a shame because when I was playing people of equal skill level I loved it.

Comment

Aye the hammer bros Ive come across him with 3 top players today on my first outing online. Ive only played about 8 people but I learnt pretty quickly what to do, same with the airballs all over and massive goals for not knowing against me! By time I sussed it I was 4goals down to my highest opponent (about 196 Im 19k) within my first 30seconds. He was bouncing balls all over with lobs. Then I learnt all I do is either barge his players or slide em instead of watching and chasing the ball and this really threw him. All his players where on the floor so I gave it to DK and he managed to get a super shot off and scored 3 goals with it. Then I got another one to level it up and started doing airballs back at him (as Id JUST learnt how they where done), the hysterical thing is he couldnt counter them so I managed to beat him. Second round I didnt do any air balls at first (I like to play fair) and of course he started to spam Hammer so I waited and smacked him down over and over and won 3-0 in the end. Very satisfying!

If anyone wants a game ive put my details in the online section. Im happy to play any mode and play fair

Comment

Finally got this today as my mates (the original GC ver was a firm multiplayer fave) chipped £5 each towards it.

Have to say, visually it was very dissapointing, as it actually looks worse imo then the first game overally, though I think part of it was just the pitch texturing. But the game itself is far better.

I love that each pitch has it's own unique feature now, and being able to select every member of your team is a great addition. It's also far better as a multiplayer game.

Overall it's everything you expect from a sequel, bigger, better and more comprehensive and for all those sayin Wii controls add nothing new, they really can't be approaching it with an open mind, because personally I find any game on Wii controls is generally more involving than any other format. I can't wait to try online this next few days

Comment

ive had this now since day 1 and still cant get an online match to work
                      shame cus its one of the best wii games so far

Comment

Ive taken it online today, wow, it was so smooth. Had my arse handed to me, but it looks like it's going to give the game that longevity when you're on your todd that Mario Sports games have always imo lacked. Definitely my favourite Wii game to date anyway.

Comment

can a man in the uk with a US Wii play against his friend in the uk with a PAL wii and his friend in bahrain with a US wii?

are the online games region locked basically?

Comment

Originally posted by rossman View Post
                            are the online games region locked basically?
                            Random matches are limited to your region, with friendcode you can play with anyone.

Comment

sweet. thanks you.

maybe time to finally buy a wii now...

Comment

One of my mates got this at the weekend, and after having a shot of it I am distinctly underwhelmed. I play the gamecube version a lot, and found this one to be less intuitive and less fun overall. I hate the 'mini game' to save super shots and it just doesn't feel so good overall. I was going to buy this but now I don't know......

Comment

Working...
                                X