X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the forum challenge car:

New York New York

Comment

Sweet, a Stratos! Does it come in the classic AlItalia livery?

Comment

I haven't found one in that livery yet - I am guessing someone will put one up on the auction eventually (which I will be bidding on )

Comment

I tell you now. After a few hours on this, I'll be playing this for years (much like I did the last one). The community options are nicely thought out. The TV is very cool.

Every little tweak makes a difference, but this time, it's ALL adjustable. You can adjust the limited slip diff. Adjustable roll bars etc. So far so good.

Comment

Agreed, I can see myself playing this for a long, long time. Tis absolutely sublime and the wheel, once I'd found a decent setup, is incredibly good. Just don't bother with it in yr lap, 'tis a mare.

Right, back to it...

Comment

Guys with the steering wheel, can you still have a normal controller connected and use that at the same time to do customisation to the cars or do you have to to connect/disconnect?

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi View Post
                Guys with the steering wheel, can you still have a normal controller connected and use that at the same time to do customisation to the cars or do you have to to connect/disconnect?
                I want to know this too, it would be alot more helpful if this was possible as I can imagine sometimes you could be sitting there just tinkering with your cars etc for hours and doing that with the wheel isn't the best thing to do. And saves having to disconnent and connect after each race.

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH...this game cant get here quick enough!!!!Its like Christmas with all those sleepless nites wondering if im gonna get smelly socks again lol!!But seriously when this game is in my grasp im gonna be able to totally sit back and chill,thanks to all the posters of info on this game too makes me feel informed yet also fliipin jealous lol!Cheers people

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post
                    the forum challenge car:

I know it's probably more cosmetic than anything, but when you're hammering along a stretch of motorway the last thing an Elise needs is more down force!

Shame the 111R isn't in it. I'll make do with the Exige 190 instead.

I'm quite worried about Forza 2. The replays (the best part of a game like this for me) are dire, and the feel of the cars just isn't intimate enough. The 911 Turbo for example is almost completely numb. Maybe I've just gotten used to the arcadey nature of PGR3, but I just don't take any pleasure from hammering the cars in Forza 2 around a track.

Comment

An Elise with a giant spoiler = crime against humanity.

That aside my copy of Forza turned up today so I'll give it a shot tonight. I'm not particularly big on racing games and generally only buy one serious one, plus MarioKart each generation. One down, one to go.

Comment

I've had a play with this now and it's definitely a slick package. The presentation is excellent aside from some scruffy movement in the menus and the paint editor will I'm sure consume days of some people's time.

60fps really transforms the racing experience too, and most of the tracks are rather prettier than the bland affair in the demo. They're still nothing like OutRun2 level, but they're certainly acceptable.

I love the HUD-less racing too. So much nicer to finally be able to do away with all that nasty screen clutter. Makes it enormously more immersive.

Comment

Played this online with John last night. Chats are no longer interupted while loading the cars and track which is much better, although does cut out for a couple of seconds while saving game data after the race.

Two laps in a row I was too busy staring at the effects and how high the revs were going that I forgot to turn in and piled straight into the tyres, much to John's amusement.

We tried our own D class cars, and then a standard D class Focus SVT. The Focus was lovely to drive and we were watching each other do giant controlable slides around the oval banking. It also shortens a hell of a lot when you smash straight into the back of another car - really impressive deformation.

C class starts at 400. My CRX had 397 and John's West Wings Civic had 387 so we were expecting them to be fairly matched, but the CRX definitely had the edge, except under braking where I was having problems. Might have to ditch one the engine upgrades and get some better suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi View Post
                            On the demo, I could move the menus using a normal controller connected to port 1 and then use the wheel connected to port 2. So I guess the answer is 'yes'.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Played this online with John last night. Chats are no longer interupted while loading the cars and track which is much better, although does cut out for a couple of seconds while saving game data after the race.

Two laps in a row I was too busy staring at the effects and how high the revs were going that I forgot to turn in and piled straight into the tyres, much to John's amusement.

We tried our own D class cars, and then a standard D class Focus SVT. The Focus was lovely to drive and we were watching each other do giant controlable slides around the oval banking. It also shortens a hell of a lot when you smash straight into the back of another car - really impressive deformation.

C class starts at 400. My CRX had 397 and John's West Wings Civic had 387 so we were expecting them to be fairly matched, but the CRX definitely had the edge, except under braking where I was having problems. Might have to ditch one the engine upgrades and get some better suspension.
                              Nice impressions.

Can't wait for Friday, but I've a horrible feeling my 360's gonna die before then. It's overheating again. Frequently.

Comment

How many tracks are in the final version?

The demo left me feeling a bit meh, but after playing Dirt the satisfaction of racing was badly missing from my experience and made me appreciate Forza a lot more.

One thing that does put me off a purchase is the endless amount of options they seem to have put into the game. Its very daunting and I don't fancy spending hours looking at diagrams for air flow to improve my car.

Can you just play this casually or should I just give this one a miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X