No announcement yet.

F-Zero GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbh, it's that I haven't had the time to unlock them yet. Not that I can't beat them. I'm planning a session on Friday to unlock a load so I can beat them then.

I did try Aeropolis (first one), and had trouble because the Fat Shark couldn't turn the corners at all... what machine would you suggest for that track?

Oh, and I'm learning how to snake. I beat the Staff Ghost on the First Mute City using Snaking, I crashed LOADS but becuase I had max accn on and I was going so fast from snaking I still won.

It's pretty good really. I've just got to learn how to control it... it looks like a neat trick. I know the leader in Tident has a lap time of 14 secs and a max speed of 9400... how do they do that? Is there a cheat for trident beyond snaking?

Comment

The Sonic Phantom is a good machine for Aeropolis I. Very easy to get round them tight turns and powerful enough to beat the ghost.

As for snaking. If you use that method it will be VERY easy to best the ghosts. No challenge at all. For example i can snake around Mute City I in 47 seconds, which is about 13 seconds faster than the SG. Your choice though.

Don't know for sure about the Trident time. Don't keep upto date with all the cheats and methods. Probably a combination of flying and/or a short cut.

Comment

Yeah most likely flying. You can launch yourself off the course and fly around it hitting the "check points" whilst shortcutting the track. I've seen video of someone doing the AX Green Plant track in a total of 38 seconds for the 3 laps

[the normal time would be around the 3:40 mark]
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Where can you get F-Zero GX videos. I've really got to see some snaking videos and these flying videos!

Comment

Why I know where this is when I can't really get into the game I don't no, ho hum.

Comment

**** ME! That is amazing. I must learn how to do all that stuff! It look absolutely stunning...

I need to see a higher quality picture of that flying video, 14 seconds! ****!

Thank you so much for that link Moodman! I'm in awe!

Comment

Some of them techniques are amazing. On the downside though they killed the Official F-Zero Championship. Just look at some of the times to see what i mean. Championship maybe, but not a racing one.

My fave vids off that site are the ones by player muumu. Probably the worlds best non-snaking player. Awesome.

Comment

Some of those movies by muumu are unbelievable.
                  The one entitled "muumu's huge jump in mcsg" made my jaw drop.
                  That boy is damn good.

I stopped playing my copy half way through it, reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread have really made me want to play it again.

Comment

I can SpaceFly on Ordeal now. I can do the course in 54 seconds in total. It's sweet. I've also learnt how to snake quite well!

Those videos kick ass, thanks a lot for the link

Do you children know how you unlock the Individual racers songs/sounds that you see in the videos?

Comment

I've been playing this on Master quite a bit recently and though it's still great fun, it always leaves me wishing Sega had included a random track generator like Nintendo did with F-Zero X.

It wouldn't matter if the courses had no background detail and therefore didn't tie-in with the look of the other tracks, it would just be nice to have the option of new tracks. Alas.

Comment

It couldn't do it because X was made as a jigsaw puzzle affair in its tracks, whereas GX are a lot more homogenous and uniquely designed.

And this, I believe is post #1000 in the topic
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mayhem - I realise what you're saying, but it wouldn't matter if the randomly generated tracks differed in both look and design to the league tracks.

I would of been content with randomly generated courses with plain, flat backgrounds. It's an option which would of added so much longevity to the game.

Comment

I've been playing this again recently (thanks to the new lease of life granted by the Plasma...) and I'd go as far as saying this is the best game on the 'cube to date

Comment

I would go along with that.

I started playing again a couple of months ago when i picked up a plasma. Just a great experience on the big screen, a real rush. Currently completely addicted to Thunder Road (again!!)

Comment

Damn all you big TV bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X