No announcement yet.

F-Zero GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reward for unlocking AX cup was that the AX Cup itself was rather easy to dominate.

Comment

They were actually among the best tracks. Time trialing them (the true heart of the game) was extremely satisfying.
      Last edited by dataDave; 09-03-2013, 12:54. Reason: Time 'trailing'? o_O

Comment

Fired this up today for the first time in maybe 9 years and, man, it still plays great. I'd completely forgotten how incredibly fast it is. Not confident of beating Story Mode again but will sure have fun trying. Happy days.

Comment

It's incredible how good this game still looks, a decade since it's release. I'm blasting through it again with my mate and it could really pass for a 360 game quite easily.

Comment

Yeah, it still looks fantastic. And more importantly still plays fantastic. Never has speed felt so dangerous, boosting genuinely feels like flirting with death on some tracks; it's twitch gameplay at it's best and the crazy, Japanese bullet hell shoot 'em up of the racing world in my mind.

It is a bit hard for my liking though, I'm struggling to beat the Emerald Cup on Standard (yes, Standard ) and Story Mode Chapter 6 too, and that doesn't bode well as I remember just how hard the game gets, especially Story Mode Chapter 7 which consumed dozens of hours of my life. Not sure I have the time or skill to do it again.
            Last edited by Charlie; 20-03-2013, 17:25.

Comment

This game is crack cocaine. It f*cks you up bad but it feels so good that you keep going back for more. It's crazy addictive. Made it to chapter 9 story mode but it's driving me mad. I keep falling off on that ridiculous corkscrew turn.

Comment

This has finally clicked now. Unlocked master difficulty and can finally see what the fuss is about. It's exceptionally well designed and quite a rush on harder levels.

The audio still sucks though. I can't even adjust the music level to hear the craft noise better!

Comment

I started playing this again and it is still the best racing game made. Slick and fast.
                  I forgot that you have to buy the story parts after each section and was stressing out how to progress the story.

I also forgot how addictive collecting and building racing parts was. Building the ultimate racer!

Comment

I watched some of the guys on speeddemoarchive run it.. incredible to watch at very high levels

Comment

The very fact this thread is still going is testament to this being one of the best gamecube games...period.

Comment

I would be so happy if this got a HD remake - Wind Waker style, It would look stunning - even now.

Ha, thanking about it... So many gamecube games still look fantastic: Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, F Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Wave Rave, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil Remake, RE Zero, Resident Evil 4, PN03, Rogue Squadron, Killer 7, Zelda Four Swords... I'm sure i'm missing others

Such a fantastic console.

Is there any reasons why Nintendo couldnt release a HD F-Zero X? Any trademark whatsit issues?
                        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post
                          Is there any reasons why Nintendo couldnt release a HD F-Zero X? Any trademark whatsit issues?
                          No analogue buttons on the WiiU controller..

Comment

Don't need the analogue buttons tbh. Although why don't Nintendo bite the bullet and release on ps4. That would be insane. A full online racing mode with 64 racers omg.

Comment

Adam likely meant GX, so yeah, lack of analogues would be absolutely crippling.

Comment

does the pro controller have analogues?

Comment

Working...
                                X