Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it doesn't.

Comment

I've been back on this the last couple of nights. I'm mainly trying to get back into grips with the power-sliding. It really is beautiful when you get into the zone with this - everything else in the room, including my wife and her annoying Hong Kong dramas, just becomes background noise as your eyes are feeding your brain the racing line for your fingers to digest. It's simply hypnotic. I've not had that same sensation recently other than when playing Bayonetta.

That, and some of the intermediate courses are absolute death traps. The Sapphire Cup Mute City (Serial Gaps) is killing me over and over in GP, so I had no choice but to go to TT for 30 minutes and re-memorise the turns and jumps.

I might resurrect the time trial thread if I'm going to be re-learning the more challenging tracks this way.

Comment

Yeah do it and I'll throw some times up. Would be better to make a new TT thread as a a lot of us who might boot it up again will be well well off the pace.

Comment

I was thinking exactly that, regarding the new leaderboard. Who else is up for this?

I can post up 60fps vids as well now. Ah, the future!

Comment

What system are you guys playing on? I've half a mind to mod my Wii Us Wii mode to play this again, but am fearful of breaking Wii mode which I use regularly or, worse, bricking the system entirely.

Comment

Wii console. NTSC-US version.

My original NTSC-JP copy, which I salvaged from my friend's house at Christmas, boots from Gecko but then does loads of weird stuff, rendering it totally unplayable.

Comment

Dammit, just before the end of term!

Comment

That's a good thing, right?

Comment

I'll give it a go! Although I will probably be a bit rubbish

Comment

Dolphin emulator anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        My original NTSC-JP copy, which I salvaged from my friend's house at Christmas, boots from Gecko but then does loads of weird stuff, rendering it totally unplayable.
                        If I remember rightly, you actually need a proper JPN BIOS in your hardware to display all the text correctly in the game. I vaguely recall the text, especially on the menus, looking very off when running the JPN version via Freeloader on a US/PAL Cube.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Good call. I'm guessing it's impossible to replace the BIOS? I prefer the Japanese fonts because these Roman characters are completely off. I might track down the graphic designer on the localisation team and give him a bollocking.

Comment

The Japanese version of F-Zero contains unfinished English localisation, this is wha you are seeing and is why it's so borked. Gecko doesn't actually change the region, so the game is trying to load the English.

The only way around this is to use some AR codes to force the Japanese text back in.

Comment

I'm using the US version on a US console though.

The font and leading is just a bad job compared to the Japanese one.

Comment

PAL60 acceptable?

Comment

Working...
                                X