No announcement yet.

F-Zero GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I *still* think this is the best Gamecube game ever, and one of Sega's finest titles.

Apart from snaking. **** you.

Comment

I too think it's absolutely gorgeous still - I never ever snake, this and Initial D are my 2 most played racing games of all time, I still play them like they are new.

GX progressive on a projector is like being there! That as the best session I had on this game!

Imagine a cross over anime series! Takumi would pwn in the future! and introduce the other pilots to Eurobeat! XD
      Last edited by Saurian; 02-08-2004, 16:13.

Comment

Excellent game, started it again this weekend. Lots of swearing at the telly.

Comment

Last summer WAS F-Zero GX for me. It's the only memories I have from June-August.

Comment

Been playing the odd bit of this every now and then. Trying to unlock all the ending movies - some of em are a bit weird. I'd say i'm about halfway there. AX Cup on Master mode seems to be the easiest way.

I totally bought out the items shop. Don't think I can unlock anything more without doing Story mode on V.Hard, which is indeed, V.Hard. VERY NEARLY did the bomb mission where you have to keep above a certain speed. Don't think i stand a chance doing any others though.

Comment

That bomb mission is my fave, in addition to the chain gang... rippin' **** up!

I love drifting in this, a technique I managed to work out on my own after a while. Almost as good as drifting in Daytona, I reckon

Comment

Late to the party EXTREME!!!

I had played the demo that came with Mario Kart DD and loved that but this is even better! My first go on the Novice Ruby? Cup and I won 4 out 5 with a stupid 18th thrown in. I can tell it will be a tough challenge later on - Especially for a non regular player like me. I need to build up some consistant skills with this game.

Production values are so high and there is so much in the game that it is a tragedy that this underperformed in the sales figures!

Comment

hehe I still play it

stuck though on the 4th one in on single player mode

and you're right , its very very highly produced . overall a fantastic package, if only it had LAN mode

Comment

I only recently unlocked the AX tracks on this despite owning it since the Japanese launch(it was the reason why I sold my PAL GC for a switched US one). If you think it's hard now wait till you have to do Diamond Cup on Master, almost smashed my Cube pad over it on several occasions, it was worth persevering though as some of the AX tracks are some of the best in the game.

Comment

I've beat all the GP Difficulty modes but am having difficulty with the Last Story Level on Very Hard - I'll never do it and I haven't even beaten any Ghosts in Time Trial.

Comment

ahh the memories.....

Played this again yesterday to find it's still a top game.
                        All I have left to do is some of the story modes on tougher difficulties but I think I'll never get them done.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa
                          ...it was worth persevering though as some of the AX tracks are some of the best in the game.
                          *nods in agreement*

Yep, I went through several stages with this game, amazement at first, then I became slightly miffed and uninterested, plodding through the excruciatingly weak Story mode. But then, around the time I unlocked the AX cups and master mode, the game really opened up and I enjoyed it more than ever.

The production is very high, as mentioned, though I can't help but think a lot of AV's obvious talent was wasted in trying to 'show off' to Nintendo.

Story mode, create a car, player profiles, player music etc. were all pointless 'filler' in the end. The meat of the game itself deserved more attention.

Comment

Has anyone managed to do chapter 9 on v hard to unlock groovy taxi? Would love to have this vehicle but i struggle to do one lap, let alone 3 on chapter 9

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/feature...roovy_taxi.jpg

Comment

Seeing as quite a few of the story challenges are IMPOSSIBLE, I'd say not many

I unlocked all of the extra vehicles by using a cheat disk given away free with CUBE magazine, because trying to actually clear the levels I came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the pain, effort. To be honest, you're not missing much with the extra vehicles, they're all ****

Comment

Amusement Vision's talent wasted in trying to show off to Nintendo????

What do you mean by this comment???Considering that this is one of the greatest video game's ever made, does it really matter, plus they were paid a fortune for working on this title by Nintendo and the game sold very reasonably in the end too.

I think that this comment is one of sheer ignorance, but I do not mean this nastily, I just find it an ignorant comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X