No announcement yet.

F-Zero GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menus are in English, but what was that mode that showed loads of Japanese? Was it the Garage or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
      I forgot to mention.

I got an unknown package this morning.

Had to go to work so couldn't collect it from the PO.

Think I'll go get it at lunchtime.
      False alarm.

Turned out to be a few things I'd ordered last week:

Gunvari Collection
      Twister DVD DTS
      Couple of soundtracks - My Sassy Girl and The Classic.

I'm fully expecting it to turn up tomorrow during my day off work though.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
        Menus are in English, but what was that mode that showed loads of Japanese? Was it the Garage or something?
        Yeah that's the Customise mode and the only place I expect quite a lot of Japanese to appear (I've already broken out the katakana charts for reference here!). Everything else appears to be dual language.

As for the comments about the placeholder graphics missing, it probably is the case. If you look on the Play Asia site comparison pics for boot up, you get a choice of Yes/No to create a new save file. The instructions and choice appear in Japanese normally, but on the Freeloaded version, only the Yes/No choice appears. In English, not Japanese. So there must be some cross-language support already there to use.

As I have a AR/Freeloader, I'll give it a go myself and see what turns up on screen and what doesn't. That info may go into the review...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

F-Zero GX is my holy grail this year, I absolutely can't wait - But I'm going to.

I've bought a fair few games lately (Star Soldier/Viewtiful Joe/a big stack of Saturn games) so since I've got so many games to be going on with, I'm happy to wait the month and get F-Zero from America in August.

I have plenty to occupy my time in the meanwhile.

Still... Want it bad.

Comment

Wow. In 4 hours the thread has grown by another 5 pages.

I cant wait to play this game, it is the only game this year I have been really excited about so I hope Tokuda gets his copies soon and is able to post them off.

Comment

Must...stop..reading...thread...

Ive been watching movies of it all morning - it looks damn sweet

I want, i want, but i cant have

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite
                Must...stop..reading...thread...

Ive been watching movies of it all morning - it looks damn sweet

I want, i want, but i cant have
                Buy a jap cube. Play fzero
                Sell both when the version you need gets released?

Comment

Ahhhhhh, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Comment

I seriously had a modded cube in my basket at Playasia earlier, then i looked at the shipping costs and worried about customs. And then i emptied the cart. I wish there was a modchip for the pal cube

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite
                      I seriously had a modded cube in my basket at Playasia earlier, then i looked at the shipping costs and worried about customs. And then i emptied the cart. I wish there was a modchip for the pal cube
                      People are always selling them on the forum (go to Items for sale folder). On the front page at the moment both 007 and KingMike are selling GC's (although you would have to get the US GC from KingMike modded by Saurian or someone else).

Make the investment you wont regret it.

Comment

A guy called Espio on RLLMUK forum has recieved it already. He say:

Originally posted by Espio
                        Right, I've just finished a good hour's playing session.

The music is AWESOME, there's rock in there but there's also alot of trance and techno going on. Alot of the menu music sounds like it's straight out of PSO! The sound effects are great too, I got a rush just from entering my name! The only slight disapointment is (from what I can tell) the only returning classic tune is a slightly botched-up Mute City :-/

The graphics are amazing, hands down the best graphics on Gamecube.

The story mode is brilliant, the cutscenes are extremely well done and the F-Zero world is brilliantly realised. It's really cool that every racer now has a backstory and each character even has theme music! Doctor Stuart's music is a really cool chillout trance track.

At the end of Gran Prix mode there's a cutscene called "F-Zero TV" where your pilot gets interviewed on a tv show. You get to pick on of three questions to ask your pilot, like "why did you become and F-Zero racer?"

How cool is Airopolis?! It's a really wide track with tons of turns surrounded by skyscrapers, but the track's so wide you just slide round the corners. The music on Lightning was brilliant! It really enhanced the experiance for me, it's the track on the Japanese commercial.

Some of the tracks are really difficult to win, you really have to fight for first place. On some of the later tracks I've only been able to finish 12th.

One complaint though: Combat. It's now useless. You don't slide at all!

Just seing the Nintendo and Sega logos at the beginning and being able to put Sonic and Mario on your craft warrants a purchase.

No-one will be disapointed.
                        Lucky git.

I'm trying to find out if he got it from play-asia or not.

Comment

Combat, useless? Does he mean the fact that the spin attack is now just stationary and you can't move left/right to collide with other vehicles? If so, that's a bit of a bummer, as the move was essential at higher levels in "F-Zero X" to survive and win...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mayhem, you can't start going down that road. You gotta have a little faith brother. People and their 2 hour Novice impressions aren't really giving the game a fair whatchmacallit, only seven years on a mountain top can one really give it true justice. Or maybe not. But those phrases are cryptic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                              Combat, useless? Does he mean the fact that the spin attack is now just stationary and you can't move left/right to collide with other vehicles? If so, that's a bit of a bummer, as the move was essential at higher levels in "F-Zero X" to survive and win...
                              I prefer the non-violence. That makes it that little bit more faithful to the 2D incarnations.

Spinning around dangerously was fun though.

Comment

Mayhem live with the now dude! I'm sure you will find an alternative to help you at highter levels in this version, even if its some dodgy cornering technique.

Comment

Working...
                                X