No announcement yet.

F-Zero GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know the Freeloader compatibility yet?

Comment

Originally posted by dewhal
      Does anyone know the Freeloader compatibility yet?
      Taken from Playasia -

After several rumours which we read on the Internet, we have now tested running F-Zero GX on an American as well as PAL Game Cube™ machine while booting up with Datel's Freeloader disc. We have tried all 3 boot methods and came up with the same weird results on all our Cubes:

F-Zero GX starts to boot up and certain text menus suddenly appear in English language (while the game would usually display Japanese text menus), however the main menu points are missing completely and you have to guess through it until you can start a race. When playing the game itself, certain things such as speed & lap indicator are missing completely which makes it rather difficult to play the game.

Comment

You need to use one of the additional boot methods found...

Originally posted by Uncle Clive
        Freeloader Boot Method FIVE:
        1. Insert Freeloader disc into Cube with the lid up and switch the power on
        2. Create a small efficy of Donald Sutherland from twigs and smear it with the blood of a virgin goat.
        3. Take a dried Badger and start thrashing it around your lower torso whilst chanting the lyrics to the Bucks Fizz's1970's hit "Making your mind up"
        4. Repeatedly hammer on your neighbours wall with a bagette shouting "I know what your whoreing wife has been up to"
        5. Insert game of choice, ensuring that any curious ants don't touch the controller.
        The 'cube FF wheel is just as good as the Playstation versions - if FF is implemented anywhere half as good as the N64 rumble or something like Gran Turismo, I'll be playing with the wheel.

Comment

Hello. Long time reader, first-time poster, etc.

Ive managed to get myself really hyped about this game and i came into work this morning with the sole aim of ordering myself a Japanese copy asap (i have my priorities sorted!). Anyway, now this stuff about the freeloader not loading it properly has stopped me clicking the 'buy' button and im seriously dissapointed. Am i really going to have to wait for the sodding English release to play it properly?

Comment

Marmite - Welcome.

If your serious about GC imports its probably best to buy a modded US/JPN Cube. That way there will be no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
              Originally posted by Captain Falcon
              Music is so bloody important.
              Tis funny, but I virtually never notice music in games, unless it's bad. I remember Sidez not bothering with 1080 because the music wasn't totally awesome (unlike steep slope sliders which has ace tunes), but feel he missed out on a good game for the sake of the music.
              That's very, very sad. ft:

I hated the music from 1080' too - although that's why you can mute it out in the options and put some Mike Oldfield 'Tubular Bells III' on the stereo instead - the ultimate soundtrack for the game.

I'm hoping you can do the same for F-Zero - I don't think the new techno tunes will be up to the original standards, especially not if it's of Sega origin. We will see though.

Joe Satriani CDs at the ready.

HINT: Get these MP3s now!!

Joe Satriani - Up in the Sky
              Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet
              Joe Satriani - Can't Slow Down
              Joe Satriani - Devil's Slide
              Joe Satriani - Crush of Love (Live San Francisco Fillmore version)
              Joe Satriani - Borg Sex (Live San Francisco Fillmore version)
              Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie (Live San Francisco Fillmore version)

There's one obsolete track from the 'Flying in a Blue Dream' album that Nintendo ripped totally for the starting grid riff from F-Zero X - I'll find out the name of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                The 'cube FF wheel is just as good as the Playstation versions - if FF is implemented anywhere half as good as the N64 rumble or something like Gran Turismo, I'll be playing with the wheel.
                How can you play F-Zero with a wheel?

Surely the travel on the wheel when turning is too long for any precision navigating?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono

Surely the travel on the wheel when turning is too long for any precision navigating?
                  The arcade machine uses a wheel.

Anyway, looking at the videos that Playasia, the main menus are in English

Comment

Slightly OT but i loved the music in 1080 so .

Comment

Originally posted by wager
                      Marmite - Welcome.

If your serious about GC imports its probably best to buy a modded US/JPN Cube. That way there will be no problems.
                      I know - curse my pal machinery.

Never treated myself to an import console, mainly cos there are very few games that i simply cannot for and so have to import, plus i tend not to play more than one game at a time - like to concentrate all my efforts on the matter in hand!

So short of buying a whole new Cube, im screwed arent i?

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite
                        So short of buying a whole new Cube, im screwed arent i?
                        Not unless Datel release a new version Freeloader or some bright spark comes up with a new boot method for the game.

Welcome to NTSC mate

Comment

I don't know about everyone else but I've actually grown quite fond of the jap. box art for 'GX' now. Even if it does look a little homo-gHey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono

Might take a bit of getting used to but the greater degree of control offered by a wheel - specifically, tiny incremental analogue movements - will be a bonus at the end of the day, especially with FF letting the player know when the craft is at its limit during a turn.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel

Not unless Datel release a new version Freeloader or some bright spark comes up with a new boot method for the game.
                              In a word: arse. Really was looking forward to some F Zero action about this time next week.

Screw work - im off to see what Cube deals are out there.

Comment

Now y'see this is what F-Zero is about for me, cutting through a pack of 20, no 30 plus racers.

Damn, I can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X