Taiko no Tatsujin DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taiko no Tatsujin DS

Found this sitting on my doormat just now, fired it up and played the first quick couple tracks, one of which I'm sure was in Ouendan 2. Anyway, the sticks are nice size, have a good weight to them, although for standard mode you can probably make do with the one.

Also, the game goes through a quick tutorial so you can play with the face buttons if your on the move as well. Striking the drum is second-nature, basically the centre is the Big Drum icon (anyone who played the PS2 one will know it as striking both sides of the drum), anywhere outside the drum is the Blue Rim etc.

As I say, played a couple tracks. I like. It's Taiko. Big, big fan here!

Go, buy now, if you like your Rhythm titles.

Oh, menu translation here too! (believe me, you'll need it!)
    Last edited by Bleeders; 30-07-2007, 16:34.

Yep, just got my copy today also. Thanks to play-asia.

I feel this game is much better than the PSP version ( i have only played the first one).

First of all i just want to touch on the controls and the cool drum sticks.

As mentioned the game runs you through a tutorial before you get into it. You take one stick in each hand and hit different parts of the drum, with the different coloursed sticks (red and blue). The blue sticks are for the outside of the drum and the side of the drum. The red sticks are for the centre of the drum and the main part of the drum. Not only does it give you a better sense of control over the PSP version but it makes it far more entertaining to play.

I also think the music selection is a much broader mix, theres a few gaming tracks, some J Pop and a couple of other genres.

Like others i am playing on easy and am finding it quite simple, i can see it will get harder trying to get golds on each song as you have to have a 100% hit rate, for me this will add plenty replay value, coupled with a 4 player mode and 30 or so songs, with plenty unlockables, this is sure to give Ouendan a run for its money and may even challenge it as the number 1 music game on the DS.
    Last edited by The Mole; 30-07-2007, 18:34.

Comment

Just starting playing this before dinner tonight as well. Really good so far, getting into the swing of using the sticks. Keep getting "e-mails" when completing certain songs with a crown, not sure if its telling me I've unlocked extras or what, will have to investigate further.

I've almost got through all the songs on easy, sure I'll be moving onto normal tonight, although I've heard the real challenge kicks in on hard with Oni difficulty taking it even further than that.

Loved playing the Super Mario Bros song, pure class.

Really interested in picking up some of the PS2 games after this, don't know if the Drum Controller will work on a PS3 though.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
        Really interested in picking up some of the PS2 games after this, don't know if the Drum Controller will work on a PS3 though.
        You should be able to use this shouldn't you? Really in the mood for some Taiko myself at the moment, but all the Taiko games I've got are Japanese and my PS3 is American. Was there only the one PS2 Taiko game released in the US? That one with the awful soundtrack?

Anyone got a tracklist for DS Taiko?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          Was there only the one PS2 Taiko game released in the US? That one with the awful soundtrack?
          Yup. But buying it from Ebay is usually cheapest way to get official Taiko controller, which is currently out of production.

Comment

Damn you guys! I went for Face Training over this, and it's not even here yet! I'll get me one now though, I was waiting for this thread.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
              Really good so far, getting into the swing of using the sticks. Keep getting "e-mails" when completing certain songs with a crown, not sure if its telling me I've unlocked extras or what, will have to investigate further.
              On the main menu click the blue box then click the wardrobe.
              First three Tabs are for changing the colour and the last two are for 'attachments'.

I'm currently rocking a horses head and a smaller drum on my back.

Excellent game. Cheers for posting the menu translation Bleeder.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                Yup. But buying it from Ebay is usually cheapest way to get official Taiko controller, which is currently out of production.
                Already have two of those though so that's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                  I got 3 of the buggers sat in my garage at home, no games to play em' with.

Track Listing, here.

Comment

Forgot to say. I unlocked the first song by getting 30 crowns. Curently have 22 gold so will see if 30 gold will unlock another.

You can get a medal for each song difficulty so it shouldn't be too hard to unlock most of the hidden songs.

The Mario Medley makes me want to buy Dancing Stage Mario Mix again.

Edit,

100% all of bamboo (32 golds) and didn't recieve anything. Looks like you just need to pass/silver to unlock songs.
                    Last edited by Bort; 30-07-2007, 21:29.

Comment

Officially Best Rhythm Game. Ever. It has not only the Mario tune, BUT, it has the Tarako Noodles theme as well.

When I was out there, the ad was playing constantly. Creepy lookin' things though.
                      Last edited by Bleeders; 30-07-2007, 21:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                        Officially Best Rhythm Game. Ever. It has not only the Mario tune, BUT, it has the Tarako Noodles theme as well.

When I was out there, the ad was playing constantly. Creepy lookin' things though.
                        Sod the song, those doll things are the creepiest things i have ever seen they even beat the burger king for nightmare inducing quality.

Comment

The advert with em' spinning on that little girls head is creepier than most horror films these days.

Comment

Unlocked Oni mode mid way through passing all of the Tree difficulties (apart from three of the buggers).

I won the next trophy at 60 cleared tracks. I might have been wrong about unlocking a track with 30 cleared. Just unlocked the second song when I did the second song in the Dojo. (Dojo stuff unlocks as you clear more tracks in normal play.)

The few easy track I've played on Oni have been enjoyable so far. That won't last, ahahaha.

Comment

How many tracks are in the game? It seems like it's pretty lengthy.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X